Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#421 bryanw1995

bryanw1995
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

installed tbp, originally I just installed it to play it as BGT, but later on after a few games starting in candlekeep and ending with melissan's demise, I decided to install a few more mods.  Went through the expert install in tbp, followed all the prompts, etc etc etc.  after many many hours everything seemed installed correctly, but I couldn't view the initialization screen after clicking baldur.exe.  I reinstalled the widescreen mod, and now BG won't play at all and I get an error message that told me to post the log file here.  Anybody have any ideas?

#422 darkkhaine

darkkhaine
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

I tried a bwp beta install yesterday. The installation went fine, and is very user-friendly I think.

The first problem i have is that sometimes i can't save my game. I think what is preventing me from saving is some kind of spell, because when i move to another area, i can hear the sound of the end of the spell (don't know if you understand what i mean).
My charmed characters do nothing, they don't try to attack me. At this point, there was only one ennemy (an orc archer) who didn't attack my characters.
Whenever i exit a building, my main character slightly moves from his position when the new area is loaded. This leads sometimes to some of my characters being stucked in the enclosure of the door.

#423 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

I tried a bwp beta install yesterday. The installation went fine, and is very user-friendly I think.

The first problem i have is that sometimes i can't save my game. I think what is preventing me from saving is some kind of spell, because when i move to another area, i can hear the sound of the end of the spell (don't know if you understand what i mean).
My charmed characters do nothing, they don't try to attack me. At this point, there was only one ennemy (an orc archer) who didn't attack my characters.
Whenever i exit a building, my main character slightly moves from his position when the new area is loaded. This leads sometimes to some of my characters being stucked in the enclosure of the door.

About the save game thing, I see that too. Most areas can save somewhere. In Irenicus' dungeon first area there are like two points where I can save, one is by the demon in the gyroscope thing in the hallway before you get there there's a trap, it's right around that area. I just wander a little in that area and mash on the 'q' key until I find the spot then the game will quick save and if you are quick you can pause it and do a regular save as well.

I don't know what to tell you about moving and enclosures, you can try using a different formation to see if that helps. Otherwise I think that's built in and part of the game's pathfinding not something from BWS (you get that in unmodded game too).

About the charm thing, if you check your weidu.log you should be able to find what part of what mod is affecting charmed characters.

#424 pacek

pacek
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

Charmed party members do nothing even in unmodded game: it irks me too, because as PC you have full control over charmed enemies. Do you have the same issue with dire charmed and dominated NPCs? Because that is a different story (link). As for the orc archers, I had the same problem and thought it was the DW#Range script from SCS2, but having just reinstalled the problem is fixed, and I never got to the bottom of it, so good luck!

Edited by pacek, 03 March 2011 - 03:26 PM.

#425 darkkhaine

darkkhaine
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:32 AM

My mistake, i always thought that charmed charachters could attack my party. I went to the sirines to see if dire charm worked and it did, so non problem here.
As for the characters being stucked in enclosures, it seems as soon as the area is loaded, my main character is teleported next to his original position, and the position where he was is now unreachable : the cursor is still the same, but i can't click on it. I thought there wasn't this bug in the umodded game (or i didn't pay attention to it).

For the save thing, you are right, there are sometimes a location where i can save. On the other hand, when i move to another area, i don't have this problem at first.

I'm now at the end of the nashkell mine. I have spotted 2 small bugs : the first one is the group of mercenaries supposed to be north of the exit, but i can only find one of them and he's not hostile. The other bug is that my monk isn't affected by the paralysing touch of ghouls but on the other hand can be held by the spell : i can't recall if this is normal behaviour of the game.

#426 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

My mistake, i always thought that charmed charachters could attack my party. I went to the sirines to see if dire charm worked and it did, so non problem here.
As for the characters being stucked in enclosures, it seems as soon as the area is loaded, my main character is teleported next to his original position, and the position where he was is now unreachable : the cursor is still the same, but i can't click on it. I thought there wasn't this bug in the umodded game (or i didn't pay attention to it).

For the save thing, you are right, there are sometimes a location where i can save. On the other hand, when i move to another area, i don't have this problem at first.

I'm now at the end of the nashkell mine. I have spotted 2 small bugs : the first one is the group of mercenaries supposed to be north of the exit, but i can only find one of them and he's not hostile. The other bug is that my monk isn't affected by the paralysing touch of ghouls but on the other hand can be held by the spell : i can't recall if this is normal behaviour of the game.

I found a fix for the 2 people standing around outside the mine that are not hostile that you are talking about. I will see if I can find it again. I think maybe it was a problem from SCS and I found a "fix" for it there. Yeah it deals with the component that moves those guys but not all of them to random encounters so you will see the other guys ambush you "soon" if that makes any sense. The problem with the guys standing around there are that they are expecting their leader to talk to you and then they'll go hostile and attack but since the leader isn't there that doesn't happen. Grand scheme of things, I think it's not a big deal since too much but if you are interested in a fix I think Sword coast strategems forum has info on how to make one.

#427 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

Methinks this thread should be used for reporting issues with the installer (BWS) rather than the mega-modded game itself (BWP).

Anyway, just 2 issues with the latest installer so far. It says there's a conflict between Nephele NPC and Refinements. I've read the bug reports but they seem to suggest a WeiDU bug rather than an actual mod conflict, so it shouldn't block the installation of both (unless, I suppose, one would actually fail, but the BWP Fixpack should be able to address that if the mods themselves can't).

It would also be nice to have some sort of "Allow newer mod versions" check box. For example, I want to use the latest WeiDU beta but it overwrote this with the existing WeiDU v228. The filenames are the same; however, if the filesizes don't match, it could check the date and if the existing version in BiG World Downloads is newer, allow it if the check box is selected.

Edit: A couple of other potential glitches. "Legion of Hell" or whatever takes absolutely ages to download. I guess it's coming from some obscure Chinese FTP or something - maybe rosenranken or some other faster site could mirror it.

I (sort of) reported this on my last BWS install, but the installer does some obscure wget check to a non-standard port (such as 65065 - actually quite a number of non-standard ports) when it should be using standard FTP and HTTP ports (such as 80, 8080, etc.). Otherwise, most firewall software will block it. In addition, it also does this every so often whilst checking downloaded mods, which doesn't seem necessary (though maybe you can explain better what it's trying to do). In fact, I don't see the need to check the Internet at all once the installer has gathered all the updates and information - at that point it should be able to compare that against the archives in the BiG World Downloads folder.

Finally (for now), it still seems to have an issue with the latest CtB (v1.13a I think). I had to enter a bunch of obscure commands to 'force' it to accept this over what it was looking for (v1.13 it seems).

Edited by Miloch, 10 March 2011 - 03:24 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#428 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:12 AM

Nephele:
BWP does not install them together since

At the present not compatible with Refinement's "Revised High Level Abilities" component.

So there's no fix that addresses that. It seemed like adding a conflict between that component and Nephele was the right thing to do.

Use new version:
I don't think that I'll add it. If I search for a piece of a files names and an extension, it may just go wrong. E.g. putting auroras 5a-patch into the folder would result in no download of the aurora mod, since both have aurora at the beginning.

Sou you either have to adjust the download-urls yourself (by editing the BiG World Setup\Config\Mod.ini) or you can choose to skip the download itself. The BWS will check the files in the download-folder and ask you if you'd like to provide the files by download or selecting some file on your hard-disk. Then select the file you'd like and force the BWS to accept them if they don't match the expectations.

You can also overwrite the files after the extraction is done.

Funny ports:
I'll change the wget-call to prevent using passive ftp.

Download check:
If there was someone doing checks of filenames and sizes 24/7 one could remove the checks.
If you don't do that, new versions that are shipped via php (SHS) would not be accepted.
If the BWS used static links, it would be missing new goodies and fixes.
Since I'm not willing to be the guy lurking around and nobody volunteered yet, I'll leave it as it is.

Also checking for links took about 5 minutes for all files that may be downloaded. So it's not like it's taking ages.

Mirroring:
I don't know about that. Leonardo came up with that one and I usually end up having to ask him which URL to chose.

CTB:
Will use the SHS link if that's the current one.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#429 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:19 AM

Sou you either have to adjust the download-urls yourself (by editing the BiG World Setup\Config\Mod.ini) or you can choose to skip the download itself. The BWS will check the files in the download-folder and ask you if you'd like to provide the files by download or selecting some file on your hard-disk. Then select the file you'd like and force the BWS to accept them if they don't match the expectations.

I did that (on the 2nd run anyway) and said "No downloads" (because I'd already fetched the files) but it still tried to check all the links for the "correct" files, even after I edited the links manually and specified all the correct filenames and sizes. The "No downloads" shouldn't bother checking links online, just files in the folder unless they don't exist. Or there should be an additional option to do that anyway, to perform a fully offline install.

Will use the SHS link if that's the current one.

It is current I think, but it is packaged oddly, because the actual CtB mods are buried two folders down. So even manually specifying the correct file won't fix that; you'll either have to repackage the archive or extract and move the subfolders manually.

So apart from the setup, only 3 install issues on a so-called "Expert" modlist (after fixing a bug in Faren here).

The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Revised Battles
Component: Improved Firkraag Romantic Encounters Compatibility Patch -> Improved Firkraag

Mod: BGT Tweak Pack
Component: Enemy items shatter

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems II
Component: Improved Spiders

Solution 1 (Revised Battles) - move it in the installer after Romantic Encounters, as the first component below requires the second:

~SETUP-REVISEDBATTLES.TP2~ #0 #12 // Improved Firkraag Romantic Encounters Compatibility Patch -> Improved Firkraag
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword

Solution 2 (BGT Tweaks) - possible solution is to change the FAIL to PRINT the message in such cases (posted report here):

MTOWN2.CRE: all slots full for extend.
FAILURE:
Conflict in priority list.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [MTOWN2.CRE] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Conflict in priority list."))

Solution 3 (SCS2) - deselect component #6030 if the following component is selected:

~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #6005 // Harder giant and phase spiders: v17

Not much of an issue there, since SCS2 is coded to skip that component if SCS1's component is installed (may as well replicate that in the installer though).

I don't see the need to call this installer "beta" anymore, since it appears quite stable.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#430 Karmapowered

Karmapowered
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

I am getting this error in BWS, while using more or less the same install options that worked before :

File not found - data\NTOTSC3.bif
Impossible to find E:\jeux\bg2\data\NTOTSC3.bif
The specified file cannot be found.
Impossible to find E:\jeux\bg2\NTotSC\chitin.nts
File cannot be found - over.bak
0 file(s) copied
The specified file cannot be found.
ERROR: Failure("This mod should be installed after DSotSC.")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-NTOTSC.DEBUG to SirBillyBob@gmail.com & erebusant@verizon.net
Automatically Skipping [NTotSC for BGT-Weidu] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS NTotSC for BGT-Weidu

Press ENTER to exit.

When I check my Weidu.log file, it is a disaster :)

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number
~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWS-URL.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWTRIMPACK.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWINSTALLPACK.TP2~ #0 #0
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #103
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #107
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #108
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #109
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #110
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #112
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #114
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #115
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #117
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #118
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #2
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #3
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #5
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #6
~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #2
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #8
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #9
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-CTB_FF.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0
~TETHYRFORESTPATCH/SETUP-TETHYRFORESTPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0
~JONDALARFIX/SETUP-JONDALARFIX.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #400
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #410
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #420
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #430
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #440
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #450
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #460
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #470
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #480

Does this mean we are back to forcing our game folders to :

..\baldur's gate
..\bgII - SOA

?

If yes, why ? This seems overly restrictive.
Also, switching to other game folders (..\bg and ..\bg2, for example) worked perfectly with the BWS beta not so long ago.

EDIT : According to the BWS readme, switching to these folders is necessary for some mods hacking/updating the game executable.

Going to try to install again with the canon game folders.

Edited by Karmapowered, 31 March 2011 - 12:51 AM.

#431 Karmapowered

Karmapowered
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:56 AM

I just noticed the following in the "BiG World Install.bat" generated by BWS (starting at line 1663) :

:: path for BG1
%NMAC% %IFS%BGT.exe %TXT%@89
%MAC% %IFS%BGT.exe %TXT%@389
%.%
%.%
%.%
%.%
%.%
%IF% BWP_BGT_input.txt Call %INST% BGT "0" "TYPE BWP_BGT_input.txt"
%IFN% BWP_BGT_input.txt %IFES%BGT%S%BGT%L%0 --force-install 0 --args-list sp "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate" | %M%
%IFN% BWP_BGT_input.txt %IFGS%BGT%S%BGT%L%4 --force-install 0 --args-list sp "C:\Programme\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate" | %M%
%IFN% BWP_BGT_input.txt %IFHS%BGT%S%BGT%L%2 --force-install 0 --args-list sp "C:\Archivos de programa\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate" | %M%
%IFN% BWP_BGT_input.txt %IFRS%BGT%S%BGT%L%8 --force-install 0 --args-list sp "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate" | %M%

My game folders are :

E:\jeux\baldur's gate
E:\jeux\bgII - soa

Should I manually update the batch file ?

#432 Karmapowered

Karmapowered
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

Alrighty.

Switching folders to the above didn't help any further :(

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number
~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWS-URL.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWTRIMPACK.TP2~ #0 #0
~SETUP-BWINSTALLPACK.TP2~ #0 #0

Just to clarify :

1/ I would like to continue using the BWS beta (because the interface is really so much better than the "official" one).
2/ Unfortunately, since the latest update BWS 9.9, I can't properly install BGT anymore, to custom folders or elsewhere, which I could before ( BWS 9.8 ).

Is there anything I can try to do locally (on my own computer) to keep BWS beta working ?

Edited by Karmapowered, 31 March 2011 - 01:11 AM.

#433 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:50 AM

• The weidu.log is ok. It's just using the quick-log option.
  • The foldernames have nothing to do with it, it's just some old assumption that was not verified by White Agnus, the former guy who wrote fixes, so it's removed again.
  • The Batch-file was not used by the BWS beta and the lines should only be adjusted by the standard version. The files itself are from the BiG World Installpack and only BG1-paths are edited to fit your installation.
  • Go and open the Setup-BGT*.debug-files and see what's the error in that files.
  • Also check the BiG World Setup\Config\User.ini and tell me if the BGT=0 is underneath the [Select]-section

#434 Karmapowered

Karmapowered
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

• The weidu.log is ok. It's just using the quick-log option.
  • The foldernames have nothing to do with it, it's just some old assumption that was not verified by White Agnus, the former guy who wrote fixes, so it's removed again.
  • The Batch-file was not used by the BWS beta and the lines should only be adjusted by the standard version. The files itself are from the BiG World Installpack and only BG1-paths are edited to fit your installation.
  • Go and open the Setup-BGT*.debug-files and see what's the error in that files.
  • Also check the BiG World Setup\Config\User.ini and tell me if the BGT=0 is underneath the [Select]-section

Thank you very much for your attention.

I will try my best to respect your time, and provide you with everything to the best of my knowledge. I restarted a clean install of :

• the game (BG1, BG2, both fully patched, GOG versions, on WinXP)
  • BWS beta, downloaded from this link

>>> INITIALIZATION PROCESS
-> BiG World Debug.txt provided as attachment to this message
-> BiG World Setup\Config\User.ini provided as attachment to this message

• running BWS for the first time, to update
  • checking User.ini file value as requested : BGT=0
  • running BWS again
  • setting my folders :
BG1 = [b]E:\jeux\bg
BG2 = [b]E:\jeux\bg2
BWS download folders = [b]E:\jeux\bg2_Mods\_bws\BiG World Downloads
  • selecting "recommended version"
  • checking "further customization of your mod-settings"

>>> MODULE SELECTION PROCESS
-> BWS-Selection.ini provided as attachment to this message

• importing selection from file above

>>> DOWNLOAD PROCESS
-> BiG World Checking Debug.txt provided as attachment to this message
-> BiG World Link Debug.txt provided as attachment to this message
-> BiG World Download Debug.txt provided as attachment to this message

• updating download links
  • testing availability of the downloads
-Summary-
These selected downloads are defect:

Ajantis BG1 Expansion
BGT NPC Portraits
Finished.
  • testing present mods (with k/eep)
-Summary-
These selected mods are missing:

Ajantis BG1 Expansion
Candlekeep Chores
Check the Bodies - Fast Forward
Food and Herbal
BGT NPC Portraits
Finished.
  • setting download logic = Report and pause after download
  • setting extraction logic = Report and pause after extraction
  • setting installation logic = Pause installation in case of errors
  • checking install components in batches
  • setting resolution of the game = 1280x1024
  • starting download process
The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:

Ajantis BG1 Expansion: The Mod itself (AjantisBG1-v4.zip)
BGT NPC Portraits: The Mod itself (NPC_PORTAITS__V1.9.rar)
  • providing files / selecting files / forcing files (since I already had the files locally, but sizes didn't match)

>>> EXTRACTION PROCESS
-> BiG World Extract Debug.txt provided as attachment to this message

Everything is Ok

>>> INSTALLATION PROCESS
-> BiG World Install Debug.txt provided as attachment to this message
-> Weidu.log provided as attachment to this message
-> Setup-BGT*.debug provided as attachment to this message

Hmm, okay, I prepared this lengthy, but methodical and hopefully extensive post to give you all the pointers needed to find the bug, but the installation process just cleared the stage at which it had failed earlier :woot:

I don't know what to say, except that I could leap to the roof out of joy :lol:

I seriously have no idea why it wouldn't work earlier, but all that matters to me is that BWS beta seems to work fine again for me with BWP 9.9, with custom BG/BG2 folders to boot. You must be some kind of lucky charm in threads, thank you Dabus :Bow:

Attached Files

• Attached File  bws.7z   374.73K   253 downloads

Edited by Karmapowered, 31 March 2011 - 11:01 AM.

#435 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

Cool that it worked. Don't need the files if it worked out.
If you still got the log-files of the old installation that failed, that would be interesting.
Just in case you did not delete these, they should be located underneath BiG World Setup\Logs\%SOME_TIMESTAMP%.

Edited by dabus, 31 March 2011 - 11:27 AM.

#436 Karmapowered

Karmapowered
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

Cool that it worked. Don't need the files if it worked out.
If you still got the log-files of the old installation that failed, that would be interesting.
Just in case you did not delete these, they should be located underneath BiG World Setup\Logs\%SOME_TIMESTAMP%.

I actually do, but only the log files : attached to this message.

The content of the Weidu.log file I had entirely copied into one of my previous messages.

Probably the most interesting file however, the setup*.debug, has vanished with my copy over of the bg2 reference folder. Sorry.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Logs.7z   253.75K   265 downloads

#437 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

No,the interesting part is this:

##### Baldur's Gate Trilogy #####
### 0000: Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core ###
Ready for installation
Setup-BGT.exe --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --quick-log --args-list sp "E:\jeux\bg" --force-install-list 0 --logapp
[Setup-BGT.exe] WeiDU version 22900
[Setup-BGT.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
In state 77, I expected one of these tokens:
  [93] DIVIDE_EQUALS
  [141] AND_EQUALS
  [149] MINUS_EQUALS
  [161] BLSR_EQUALS
  [257] OR_EQUALS
  [270] BLSL_EQUALS
  [282] PLUS_EQUALS
  [300] TIMES_EQUALS
  [327] EQUALS
  [333] BXOR_EQUALS
Parse error (state 77) at ~~

[SETUP-BGT.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 8520 column 1-14
Near Text: "   //CURRENT_ACTIVE_MOD_GUI

ACTION_IF ("
	GLR parse error

[SETUP-BGT.TP2]  ERROR at line 8520 column 1-14
Near Text: "   //CURRENT_ACTIVE_MOD_GUI

ACTION_IF ("
	Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [SETUP-BGT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [SETUP-BGT.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

So I should include checks for these "In state XX, I expected one of these tokens". Because that, the TP2 that installs the mod was broken and did not respond with a summary that would be parsed normally. Thus, the install seem to be treated as "ok". The BWS should have been halted then.

If I'm correct, that error was fixed by a new BiG World Fixpack, resulting in a clean install this time.

#438 Karmapowered

Karmapowered
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

I am very glad we could get this through then :)

Is there a way to freeze an "BiG World Setup" so that it doesn't automatically look for updates when it runs ?

I set my update to "hint" (not "update at start"), but I got the feeling there was still something updating behind the scenes each time I ran the tool.

It may be very helpful, if we could have :

- one "frozen" install of the tool, that we know to work, and with which we only could tweak combinations of existing mods (to try them out, for example, but with all the risks inherent to bugs)
- another install of the tool, that would be always up to date with the official repository in Germany, to get the fixes and new mods

Is that the purpose of the "personalized install" feature maybe ?

EDIT : Also thank you, and all the BWP/BWS team, for your continued awesomeness, I really mean it :cheers:

Edited by Karmapowered, 31 March 2011 - 12:27 PM.

#439 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

URLs don't have to change to change the file and the download if you have php-downloads. ;)

You can select "No download - only report missing mods" in the "program defaults"-section. Skip the link-tests and the selection of your mods should be "frozen" (in conjunction to your update-selection).

I also wonder if there are some guys that do the same as you. I'm rewriting some parts of the GUI and thought about getting rid of that "do updates at"-button. :D

Edited by dabus, 31 March 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#440 Karmapowered

Karmapowered
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

You can select "No download - only report missing mods" in the "program defaults"-section. Skip the link-tests and the selection of your mods should be "frozen" (in conjunction to your update-selection).

That is what I used to do till about this morning, I guess, but then wanted to benefit from the new BWP 9.9 update. So I switched on the update option, and suddenly... all hell broke loose. If it really works, I will have learned my lesson and keep doing as you suggest in the future :lol:

I also wonder if there are some guys that do the same as you. I'm rewriting some parts of the GUI and thought about getting rid of that "do updates at"-button. :D

I try to give feedback when it is required and appreciated. I want to say however that if it is you that produced the new BWS beta version, I tend to trust in your decision, and ultimately competence, in the matters of what is best for BWS/BWP and its users. I am extremely satisfied by the tool, and if I was so rabid about getting an update for the beta version, working with BWP, it is because I don't want to install BG anymore without it 8)

On a sidenote, since you also asked for success stories :

Posted Image

Edited by Karmapowered, 31 March 2011 - 01:01 PM.