Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#401 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

Hi, I wanted to report some bug
I was marking the RoT mod to instal (both components) and the BWS went crazy continually it was opening webpages of this mod. It opened about 30-40 times before I paused the script
if it helps, when you aim at tray icon, there is written:
(Paused) 15_Select-Helper.au3
Line 257L If $HP <> " And $HP ,. '-' Then ShellExecute($HP)
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

When I unpaused, unmarked and marked RoT again it was without any problems.

#402 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:02 AM

ok so I was mistaken,
It happens always when you use right button/show components in few diffrent mods
one more screen
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#403 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:04 AM

I had also another crash (what a day),
I attach log-file

#404 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

Can't confirm your "right-click > Show/Hide gets unlimited homepages opened-issue".

The crash may be the result of a missing section in your BiG World Setup\Config\Weidu-PO.ini. Add
[hammers]
@0=Mloty do rzucania
@15=Miotany Duchowy M³ot
@25=Zwyczajne mloty miotane
@35=Mloty miotane/rzucane o umagicznieniu +1
@50=Dodatkowe magiczne przedmioty
Tra=6
at the bottom of that file and then restart the BiG World Setup.vbs.

If it still does not work, upload your selection (Options > Export selection to file) and tell me the languages you would have selected.
I'll take a look what's missing then.
The exact reason for the fault is an entry in the conflicts/dependencies-selection that cannot be fulfilled (and a bad selection of coding to allow the crash itself).

I must admit that this may be a result of my lack of maintenance in the last few weeks, but I'm currently a bit bus job-wise and can't provide updates (don't expect to get some anytime soon - may take a some time, don't know currently).

Since there are no helpers for updating the beta itself around, I'll just leave it as it is now.

Edited by dabus, 12 February 2011 - 05:09 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#405 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:21 AM

ok so problem is still the same, but, it ts rather small one, so I manually chose mods that are in conflict so, it is fine, although I will attach another http://wyslijto.pl/plik/g2ttwfklaa'>log-file maybe it will help in the future. (and I really begining to think that my version bg/mods is somehow little crazy-one, lot of errors, crashes, and other staff). Thanks for your time and good luck in the future:]

#406 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:23 AM

log-file, forgot check the url, now is ok

#407 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:29 AM

and BWS-selection.ini

#408 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:05 AM

Hm, I set the language to "PO EN" to have Polish mods first and then English, load the selection from your file, click continue, continue the conflicts/dependencies - screen with continue and approve the selection the automatic chose.

So if you are still stuck here: What did you do exactly in the dependencies-screen if your selection you uploaded was your final one?

Edited by dabus, 12 February 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#409 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

ok I'm stupid, this file is after my changes, this one is from before http://wyslijto.pl/plik/z5nzj4lm4y

#410 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:29 AM

Still no problem with the new file and the auto-solution.
I'm starting to wonder if we are using the same files. :huh:

Please tell me when the error occurs or if you are fine with the auto-solution.

Spoiler

If you are, tell me if you want to stop when there are errors during installation/download/extraction and if you want widescreen. I'll send you the files that you can put in your fold that will start right after the selection.

#411 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:33 AM

also I checked "tactic version", and do as pdf says dusring the installation, if I clicked dependencies prog crashed, If I clicked conflicf and next basis, it went through just fine

Actually I checked it now, and when I load both of those selections and I have in both some problems, I attach the screens from the first file
http://img638.images...4feb121527.jpg/

#412 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:53 AM

ok maybe here is some misunderstanding, I'm not stuck,
I just wanted, as I said before, to report the bug,
now I'm in the extraction part
to solve the problem I clicked conflicts and than basis and all just went through

and if my version is: hmm: today I downloaded this beta from: http://bwp.bplaced.n..._9-20101130.exe and it automatically updated (in update directory is file called: "20110212123925" if that helps.

Ok so leave the problem It's not a big deal actually beacause I managed to solve a problem as I said.

#413 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:21 AM

Ah, ok. Thanks for the report, I think I found it.
It's this line from the BiG World Setup\Config\Setup.ini: Alternate Portraits for 'Ascalons Breagar'=D:NSCPortraits(2000):ACBre(-).
Since the dependency did not show up since it's a German mod, it could never be fulfilled.
I just wonder why that's in here because I was pretty sure to have tackled that issue some time ago. :wacko:

#414 -pryszczu-

-pryszczu-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

Maybe I shouldn't install updates that was avaible to automatic install:P

#415 -Locomotron-

-Locomotron-

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:25 AM

installed using latest downloadable BWS, followed all steps on the isntallation guidelines.

Used a BWP selection .ini after my recommended install had failed.

http://www.shsforums...lection-for-bwp

So far nothing gamebreaking, aside from orc archers not attacking(and I get the feeling some other DSoTSC dependant enemies as well), and some spells not working correctly.

All in all a good experience, even though I am more overpowered in BG1 than I would be using a regular install in Chapter 3 of BG2... Oh well!

#416 -Morianthi-

-Morianthi-

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

I should have had realized it sooner but this Big World Project mod is working as advertised, and the installation though very intimidating at first is actually as easy as any big mod installation can get. Mine's all good to go, with one exception:

If I would decide to INSTALL CtB MANUALLY as it failed to be downloaded or recognized for extraction and installation using Big World Setup even if I placed my manually downloaded CtBv1.13 in the Big World Downloads folder - the question is, HOW CAN I DO IT? Or any other workaround in mind? I'd appreciate any help.

I might as well point out that the link for Check the Bodies mod is not responsive.

#417 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

Try this

#418 -Newtonyd-

-Newtonyd-

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

I've had similar problems with a number of mods that BWP couldn't find. Here's the list:

Baldurdash (BD-WeiDU) v1.6.8
The Darkest Day (TDD) v1.13
Check the Bodies (CtB) v1.12a
Secret of Bone Hill (Dialog-Patch) v2.45
Ajantis BG1 Expansion v2.1
Adalon's Blood - Silberdrachenblut v9
Boards o' Magick Item Pack (BoM Item Pack) v2.0
Improved Volcano! (Pack for ToB) v2.0
Return to Trademeet Item Pack (RTT Item Pack) v1.2
Nikitalleria NPC (Nikita) v1.01
Improved Summons v2.02
BP Series v3.61
BGT NPC Portraits v1.8

I took a look through some and found that most of them were simply updated, and not recognized by the program. Would it be likely to screw anything up to manually install these programs after the others?

#419 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

Baldurdash (BD-WeiDU) v1.6.8
The Darkest Day (TDD) v1.13
Check the Bodies (CtB) v1.12a
I took a look through some and found that most of them were simply updated, and not recognized by the program. Would it be likely to screw anything up to manually install these programs after the others?

Yes. The beta just needs an update... dabus is probably on it.

And of course there's a way to update the links yourself...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 27 February 2011 - 02:08 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#420 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Mad Mate has made a worldmap compatibility patch for Fishing for Trouble (see post 17 )

Edited by smeagolheart, 01 March 2011 - 07:01 PM.