Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#21 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:14 AM

Well, I'll have to take it slower in the next weeks since I have vacations right now and I have some more time to spare. I just wanted to take the chance to get this going somehow and take a few steps forward.

Well, your beta is already more polished than quite a few 'final' softwares I've had to use, so enjoy your holiday :cheers:

I added an additional "option" during the reload-function. If you remove that, it should be fine.

Eh ? How can I remove this option ?

Another thing to investigate : according to Miloch, all Thrown Hammers components should be installed from a single command, that is

Setup-hammers.exe --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 0 25 35 50

That's apparently what the BAT install does. However, the BWS beta does it differently :

Setup-hammers.exe --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 0 --logapp
Setup-hammers.exe --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 25 --logapp
Setup-hammers.exe --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 35 --logapp
Setup-hammers.exe --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 50 --logapp

causing every component except the first to fail on install. :crying:

#22 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

I think you misunderstand: I used my vacations to code. And they are over pretty soon and I don't feel like coding after I had worked until 5 or 6 pm.

Click

Edited by dabus, 18 March 2010 - 01:36 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#23 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

I think you misunderstand: I used my vacations to code. And they are over pretty soon and I don't feel like coding after I had worked until 5 or 6 pm.

I understand what you meant. But as much as I would love to get a bugfree selectable-components BWS, I don't think you're being paid for this, are you ?

So... enjoy your holiday :P

#24 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

Well I do enjoy coding, makes life so much easier...
I just don't like to stress myself and so I do not code or at least not that much after work like I did a year ago. So most of the progress I can make is during my vacation. And I'll have much less time to do anything when it'll be spring/summer/autumn. So I want to push it a little bit further now.

Regarding the worldmap: Your selection from the uploaded file works for me.

Check your Logs\BiG World Debug.txt for the line where it is initiated.
It should look like:

||##### BP-BGT-Worldmap v7.1 #####
### 0000: Worldmap for Baldur's Gate v7.1 - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons -> New Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...###
type BWS_SUB.nul | Setup-BP-BGT-Worldmap.exe --noautoupdate --language 1 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 0 --logapp

Does the line start with the type? It pipes the input/typing from the textfile to the WeiDU-setup.
What does the BWS_SUB.nul look like?

If you want to start at a specific point, you can set the Start-key underneath the [Options]-section, file config\setup.ini. Search the config\select.txt for the mod and put the number of the line as the new value. Worldmap is in line 1901, so start=1901 will install the component of the worldmap.
Remember that the corresponding selection must also be made in your user.ini, else the BWS will start at that line but won't install a thing since you did not select the component. Also remove the mod if you want to test something all over again.

Edit: Just have seen your second comment about the worldmap, so I guess it worked during the second run. So the huge one is needed for original travel times...

Edit2: Update is available.

Edited by dabus, 20 March 2010 - 03:41 PM.

#25 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

When installing with Multiple languages there are certain fixes that should only apply to the primary language. I installed with English, German, Spanish, Portuguese. I shouldn't be getting things like the textpack update and traduccion mejorado ( I think that's the name)
Those type of fixes should key off of the primary
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#26 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

In the latest beta those items are removed depending on the GUIs translation.
; remove unwanted stuff
If $g_ATrans[$g_ATNum] = 'EN' Then 
	_Selection_Purge(0, 'Abra|BG1TotSCSound|BG1TP|BGT-NPCSound|BWTextpack|TP|Traduccion_Mejorada')
ElseIf $g_ATrans[$g_ATNum] = 'GE' Then 
	_Selection_Purge(0, 'Abra|BG1TotSCSound|Traduccion_Mejorada')
	_Selection_Purge(0, 'BG2Fixpack', '1')
ElseIf $g_ATrans[$g_ATNum] = 'SP' Then 
	_Selection_Purge(0, 'BG1TP|BGT-NPCSound|TP')
	_Selection_Purge(0, 'BG2Fixpack', '1')
EndIf 

So if the GUI is Spanish, you will see those.
I could replace that by the first selected language, but that's not that good, either.
The best way would to get the current dialog.tlk from the game and fetch the translation somehow.
(Lots of people have been switching their dialog.tlk.)

#27 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

Wow, I would have thought there would be more people eager to beta test this ! I was unable to make more test installs for the past week, but from what I've seen, the selections look like they are working correctly now. Whenever I can make a test install, I will check to see if the setup pauses correctly.

Also, I see the BWP v9 is out, will the beta setup update the linklist and get those from v9 or are they fed from separate sources ?

#28 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Links are not enough to update component-selections. ;)

I'll have to rewrite quite a bit of code to get that done.
I have an idea how that'll be done though.

#29 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:26 AM

Ok, a few quick notes :

Pausing still does not seem to work. Chose to pause before Baldurdash, the setup kept going until I paused manually.

Downloads from the Chosen of Mystra website are redownloaded every time (see here)

#30 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

Uhm, do you use build 20100320?
I had the pause-section deleted from the User.ini right after saving the selection. This was a little thing I missed in the _ResetInstall-function.
If your BiG World Setup.au3 does not contain a line as follows, you got an old one.
Func _ResetInstall($p_Pause=0)
If you use the current snapshot, can you check for that pause-section in the User.ini?
It should look like this if you wanted to pause before the bg2fixpack:
[Pause]
bg2fixpack= 0

Edited by dabus, 30 March 2010 - 11:43 AM.

#31 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

Ooops, looks like I got mixed up between the two versions. Pause does work now, but there's a quirk : the setup will pause, but the bottom buttons will still show "Pause" available and "Resume" greyed out. So to resume the Setup, you have to pause again, which allows to press the Resume button.

Still the same problem on downloading from CoM.

And it looks like something fishy is going on when reloading Fixed components with MUC subcomponents : they all get selected even if they are mutually exclusive. I've been testing this with the BG2 Fixpack v9, that now has two different GTU components, 1000 and 1001. I changed the following files :

Mod.ini :
Spoiler

Select.txt :
Spoiler

When I start the BWS, component 1000 appears correctly selected. If I save and reload the selection however, both 1000 and 1001 are selected. But maybe I forgot something when editing the above files. :whistling:

#32 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

Ooops, looks like I got mixed up between the two versions. Pause does work now, but there's a quirk : the setup will pause, but the bottom buttons will still show "Pause" available and "Resume" greyed out. So to resume the Setup, you have to pause again, which allows to press the Resume button.

I already fixed that little glitch yesterday.

Still the same problem on downloading from CoM.

I did not say that I fixed that. ;)

And it looks like something fishy is going on when reloading Fixed components with MUC subcomponents : they all get selected even if they are mutually exclusive. I've been testing this with the BG2 Fixpack v9, that now has two different GTU components, 1000 and 1001. I changed the following files :

Mod.ini :

Spoiler

Select.txt :
Spoiler

When I start the BWS, component 1000 appears correctly selected. If I save and reload the selection however, both 1000 and 1001 are selected. But maybe I forgot something when editing the above files. :whistling:

True. I said that I wanted to fix that problem by making GUI-stuff optional when you mentioned that, but I did not know BG2Fixpack would make the same problems. ;)

I created a rule that every fixed component shall be selected some time ago to avoid problems with fixed mods that are not installed.
After downloading/extracting download/extract-only mods (like the PDF, the Fixpack, Beregost CrashFixer and so on), these are removed from the list of mods that need to be installed to prevent errors. Also, if new mods are marked as fixed, they would not be selected if you reload the selection after you did an install. So I need to do some thinking. <_<

#33 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:21 AM

Quick question regarding the pause/exit/resume of this. For some small number of users (those with non-Western European operating systems mainly), mods like Infinity Animations and Aurora will currently install, but will cause game crashes unless the non-unicode code page is set properly. So I'm working on a version that will set it properly in such cases and force a reboot, as discussed here. On the reboot, the last mod recorded in WeiDU.log should be the one installed previously installed successfully, and IA/Aurora should be able to be installed successfully at this point. Can the "resume" feature cope with this (that is, pick up where the log left off)?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#34 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

Reboot? :blink:
The BWS can resume from the point you left it. It checks if components are already installed, so most likely it will work.

If you manage to do the reboot with weidu, it would be the best since since the BWS waits for the current setup to be closed.
Otherwise it will continue to install the next components, which is not so cool during reboots.

#35 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:32 AM

The link update does something strange...

From the Download debug file :

Spoiler

#36 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

This is fixed and it'll work it with the next upload.

Edit: CoM-downloads are handled correctly with the stable BWS.
I had rewritten some parts of the beta download-part and I forgot those CoM-mods when doing that. I'll just include a check for 0-byte values and use the stored size in that case.

Edit2: Ah, and choices + reloads should work as well. Fixed it yesterday.

20100401 is available. The complete download-selection/changelog can be viewed here.

I added the new mods. The selection is based on the 9.0-batch, so please don't blame me for not moving hammers. By the way: The hammers-stuff still needs fixing. If you want that, you better copy the lines from the batch into selection.txt, add a CMD at the beginning and don't select a component.

Edited by dabus, 01 April 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#37 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

Nice ! I'm on it...

Quick check :

Missing description for components 6170/71 of SCSII.

Fixed MUC reloading still glitchy : I have component 1000 of BG2 Fixpack selected, yet when I reload selection, it shows component 1001 selected :blink:

Some conflicts/dependencies checks are weird, in that mods conflict with their OWN components :

Item Revisions "Spellcasting in Armor" is shown to conflict with IR's Heavy Armor Encumbrance and Allow Thieving Skills in Armor. The message also says IR's components are preferred to Fullplate, which I have NOT selected.

Similarly, B!Tweaks' sensible proficiencies for Anomen in SoA seems to conflict with B!Tweaks' sensible proficiencies for Anomen in ToB, and the message says it is preferred to Ashes of Ember (which is not selected).

All in all, this is already fine-tuning stuff ; now the big part will be to figure out how to udpate component selection automatically. Go dabus ! :cheers:

#38 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:20 AM

Oh my, just needed another component-test and Fixed MUC works.
Tested it the other way around, so I did not realize that.

If you want to fix it yourself, insert
If StringRegExp($Comp, '(?i)(\A|\s)' & StringReplace($g_CentralArray[$m][2], '?', '\x3f') & '(\s|\z)') Then
in fron of the line 551 and 555 (the ones sating with _AI_SetIn...) in 12_select-helper.au3. This way, the defaults will be set for the (sub-)tree first by other script-lines and after that a component that was selected in the sub-tree.

Item_Rev had a conflict (Setup.ini) that looked like this:
Fullplate=C:item_rev(2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9)>fullplate(-)

This means that any conflict exist for any of the listed components of item_rev and is preferred to any component of fullplate. This includes conflicts within item_rev

It needed to be replaced with a
Fullplate=C:item_rev(2|3|4|5)|item_rev(6|7|8)|item_rev(9):fullplate(-)

This means that any item of the groups (divided by a vertical line) is preferred to to fullplate, but the groups do not conflict.

Same goes with b!tweak.
Old:
Anomen gets sensible proficiencies=C:b!tweak_lite(4|5)>ashesofembers(16|17)
New:
Anomen gets sensible proficiencies=C:b!tweak_lite(4|5):ashesofembers(16|17)

Edited by dabus, 02 April 2010 - 03:24 AM.

#39 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:35 AM

Ok, really nitpicking now... After finishing installation, clicking on "Open Debug" fails since the file has been moved to an archive subfolder...

My last install went through flawlessly with the attached selection. I only selected the core component of Hammers so didn't run into this particular problem. Now I'm just waiting for IR v3 to finally start my playthrough... :zzz:

Only strange things that I noticed during install :

(BG2 Fixpack v9.01) 
### 0100: Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria ###
The component is already installed. The installation will be skipped.

##### Unfinished Business (UB for BG2) v18 #####
### 0001: The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship ###
### 0000: The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette ###
### 0002: Kalah and What He Was Promised ###
### 0008: Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair ###
### 0009: Corrected "Xzar's Creations" ###
### 0010: Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0 ###
### 0011: Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher ###
### 0012: Item Restorations ###
### 0015: NPC Portrait Restorations ###
### 0016: Corrected BAMs and Scripts ###
### 0017: Corrected Character Names and Biographies ###
### 0018: Restored Minor Dialogs ###
### 0019: Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider ###
### 0021: Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations ###
### 0024: Sarevok's Remorse ###

Even stranger for the Fixpack, as it is installed early, but still, the PDF does not indicate anything about most of those components in UB.

EDIT : Ooops... Added German language to the selection. Attempting to go back once German was added, setup crashed. On restart, language was correctly updated to EN GE.

However, it also modified my User.ini and added such mods as MKs BG1 Textpatch, BGT NPC Sound, etc. I only wanted to add a few components of Jarl's Tweak Pack, I don't want my party to start speaking German !! :crying: What's more, those components were written in User.ini, but did not show up in the GUI (or I'm way too tired...).

Attached Files

Edited by Tonton Fred, 02 April 2010 - 08:04 AM.

#40 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

You seem to play a lot with save and reload.
That's good since you find those things that I have not thought of. ;)

Was or did the UB-stuff install/listed in the weidu.log you mentioned?
If it says that it's skipped, it should be installed already.
Else we've got a bug.

Added:
  • Optional pause after finishing download/extraction.
  • Holding shift while clicking a mod will apply the selection to all parts if the mod is scattered.
  • Adjusted installation for group-installations (hammers).
Fixed:
  • Display a note when dependencies are not solvable due to the selected translations.
  • Avoid crashes after selection new mod-translations (e.g. EN > EN SP).
  • Avoid foreign fixed mods in selection after using reloads.

Download

Edited by dabus, 02 April 2010 - 05:16 PM.