Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#261 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

I guess reverting back to the old defaults won't hurt if baldur.exe supports unicode --- if it does. :huh:
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#262 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

Alright. After playing for a little while I realised I had installed SCSII and BP AIs as I was seriously having my butt kicked... in a fun way! :lol: But reloading for every surprise battle was getting a little tiresome so...

Another reason to use Beta-BWSetup! :woot:

Yikari still giving some issues not finding Wiemers Tactics improved Kurison acid mage, which is included in BP, so is skipped when Wiemer tries to add the component (not the only component skipped by tactics either if BP is installed). There is an odd anomaly with the svernblin Infinity animation. I actually deleted the .rar file I had so it could be downloaded again thinking mine was somehow corrupted, but it still didn't work. :huh:

Anyway here is the file. If you need the extra info let me know. (I did try to find an IA_IWD_Svernblin debug but couldn't find one :wacko: )

Attached File  Bak-201009191039.7z   2.26MB   265 downloads

Attached File  BiG World Debug.7z   209.31K   252 downloads

Lastly do you think there are enough changes and amendments to make it worthwhile to start again with BW v9.4?

Am I thinking up silly reasons to use Beta-BWSetup? :doh:

Is a newer fixpack coming along?

When will I win the lottery?

Oh. Forgot to mention this install is working perfectly no CtDs. At present in Beregost...

Edited by Anduin Shadow Mantle, 20 September 2010 - 10:49 AM.

#263 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:31 AM

I guess reverting back to the old defaults won't hurt if baldur.exe supports unicode --- if it does. :huh:

I'm not profi in this tech mumbo-jumbo, but considering issues mentioned in topics like this I believe it doesn't. :(

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#264 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

There is an odd anomaly with the svernblin Infinity animation. I actually deleted the .rar file I had so it could be downloaded again thinking mine was somehow corrupted, but it still didn't work. :huh:

Anyway here is the file. If you need the extra info let me know. (I did try to find an IA_IWD_Svernblin debug but couldn't find one

What do you mean "it still didn't work"? What didn't work?

If there was an actual install glitch, it would probably be in setup-infinityanimations.debug but I don't know if there was.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#265 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

Worship Miloch the Mighty Modder :Bow:

I would only talk about install glitches in the BiG World Setup Beta - Testing thread. As that is the point of the thread... to talk about install glitches to make it work better. :unsure:

However I could have given more information. ;)

So here goes, the components that did not install, the install glitches and the reasons I have found so far...

C:\Bioware\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>The following originally selected mods could not be installed:

Mod: Big Picture (BP) v180a
Component: Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond) Already installed with TDD

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS) v16
Component: Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable as this is the norm no change!
Component: Improved Cloakwood Druids Don't know yet
Component: Improved Bassilus Dont know yet
Component: Improved Red Wizards Dont know yet

Mod: Weimer's Tactics v25 Most of these components were installed by BP beforehand
Component: Improved TorGal and De'Arnisse Keep
Component: Improved Guarded Compound in the Temple District
Component: Improved Twisted Rune
Component: "Kuroisan", the Acid Kensai
Component: "Red Badge" Poison-Based Encounter
Component: Gebhard Blucher's Improved Demon Knights
Component: Kensai Ryu's Tougher Kangaxx and Guardians
Component: Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
Component: Improved Golems
Component: Kensai Ryu's Smarter Vampires
Component: Göran Rimén's Improved Nymphs
Component: Kensai Ryu's Improved Copper Coronet
Component: Mike Barnes' Improved Small Teeth Pass
Component: Tougher Fire Giants

Mod: Revised Battles v6.3
Component: Improved Firkraag Romantic Encounters Compatibility Patch -> Improved Firkraag Dont know yet

Mod: Sword Coast Stratagems II (SCSII) v15
Component: Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable as this is the norm no change!
Component: Improved Spiders I think there is an improved spiders in SCS
Component: Give Ascension demons SCSII scripts and abilities Dont know yet

Mod: Yikari NPC v1.7
Component: Compatibility with Tactics Kuroisan Needed the Tactics component that did not install

Mod: BG2 Tweak Pack (BG2 Tweaks) v9
Component: Improved Athkatlan City Guard Dont know yet

Mod: Infinity Animations Core (WeiDU-Beta) v5
Component: Svirfneblin Animations -> Animations and sounds This is what your going to possibly solve :Bow:

Mod: Level 1 NPCs v1.3
Component: Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes (a la Ashes of Embers and aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing? Easy I didn't install Ashes of Embers or B!Tweaks sensible weapon prof

Here is the infinity debug compressed for your viewing pleasure.

Attached File  SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.7z   337.02K   287 downloads

This hasn't properly installed on four occasions. Once is a freak, twice is unlucky, three times and somethings not working.

Oddly, Svirfneblin is selected for you as recommended. All the other component problems is probably down to my bad selection choices. :doh:

Tell me if you need anything else Miloch :Bow:

#266 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:05 PM

If you tried to install BWP 9.4, you installed too early.
I did not update the BWS beta according to the latest BWP-changes after the release and probably will not in the next few days.

Edited by dabus, 21 September 2010 - 12:09 PM.

#267 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

No. This was v9.3. I actually installed it before the announcement.

I think I will plan to do another install, but only when the fixpack is updated.

I did look into trying to make my own patch, but it's far far far beyond me. :wacko: You modders are geniuses :lol:

Oh well, good things come to those who wait. :cheers:

#268 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:10 AM

Component: Svirfneblin Animations -> Animations and sounds This is what your going to possibly solve

Oh. Well this explains it:

SKIPPING: [Animations and sounds]
Aurora's Shoes has already installed this.

So no worries there :).

SCS is v16 now - I'm pretty sure that's a crucial upgrade due to the Faster Bears bug.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#269 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:46 AM

Cool! 8)

Possibly a small edit then to title of the mod?

From...

Component: Svirfneblin Animations -> Animations and sounds

To...

Component: Svirfneblin Animations (also installed with Aurora) -> Animations and sounds

It will stop annoying people like me thinking somethings gone wrong! :P

#270 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:55 AM

To...

Component: Svirfneblin Animations (also installed with Aurora) -> Animations and sounds

But that title will never actually appear if it *is* installed by Aurora, because it will be auto-skipped by the time IA comes along.

There are several mods with redundant components like that actually. I guess I keep expecting people to read the readme, I don't know why (like Chev says, I should keep telling people it's got naked pictures in it :P).

Svirneblin Animations
480. Animations only
490. Animations and sounds
Requires IA_IWD_Svirfneblin.rar
Skipped if Aurora's Shoes installed (does the same thing)

- Uses all svirfneblin variants for Underdark deep gnomes

#271 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

To...

But that title will never actually appear if it *is* installed by Aurora, because it will be auto-skipped by the time IA comes along.

There are several mods with redundant components like that actually. I guess I keep expecting people to read the readme, I don't know why (like Chev says, I should keep telling people it's got naked pictures in it :P).

Svirneblin Animations
480. Animations only

- Uses all svirfneblin variants for Underdark deep gnomes

Naked pictures in Readme files? :woot:

There are readme files in mods?? :lol:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#272 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:44 AM

I don't know why (like Chev says, I should keep telling people it's got naked pictures in it :P).

Maybe you should add an ASCII art of a nude woman. :tease:

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#273 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

Svirneblin Animations
480. Animations only
■Uses all svirfneblin variants for Underdark deep gnomes

Doh! :doh:

I found it. I looked really hard this time... heck if anyone does a google search they will at least now find this thread as well... :doh: (I actually do a google search first if I have a problem. Yourself, Jarno and all the other special people on the Spellhold forums have solved lots of my problems and given good advice without me actually having to make a post! :) )

Being thorough, I did look for the naked women but alas I did not find one. Maybe you could put one in your next update... :rolleyes:

#274 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

Being thorough, I did look for the naked women but alas I did not find one.

You weren't thorough enough, because you obviously didn't make it down to the marilith avatars :lol:.

#275 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

:huh: ...

:lol:

#276 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:36 PM

Quick question. Just tried the beta, and in it's listings, the mod "Romantic Encounters" is suddenly listed in red letters, which according to the info on the right hand side symbolizes "expert mod"

However, it has been listed in the past as a "standard mod" and it still is, in the linklistings: http://kerzenburg.ba...ead.php?t=34931

Any info on this?

#277 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:10 AM

If you use the search-function, the result(s) gets marked red.
Also notice that the mod itself may be marked green (recommended), but one component may be installed for expert only; then the components checkbox will be red.

#278 -max-

-max-

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:49 PM

This is a wonderful tool you created Dabus. Selection of the mods was time consuming but a lot easier than editing the bat file for BWP. My problem is that the weidu log doesn't list the descriptions of the mod components, it just lists the mod name and number. Example - ~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Subtitles for stock Bioware soundsets: Beta 0004 is what it should say, but the it just says - TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #1200. Is this intentional?

#279 -max-

-max-

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

Okay it actually was resolved. When it finished installing I saw - // Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BWS_FINAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible .

And then all the components showed up. Time to see if it runs ok. :cheers:

#280 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

Thanks. I use quick-logging to speed up the installation process a bit and then use normal logging for the last action to make the entries visible. So you can only see the entries at the end. Also make sure to add the missing tobex-components, since it was updated after the last BWS release.

Edited by dabus, 05 October 2010 - 11:33 PM.