BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#241 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

Huh? How do you know?

As far as I know, ToBEx is working with injections, so if some code should be executed, the program is directed to the new "external" code. Since I don't think that ToBEx is redirecting the copy-protection, it should not matter if the BGMain.exe is patched at some point or not.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#242 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

That explains all my ToBex troubles! ToBex does not work with the NoCD patch that I was using with NeJ.

I wonder if it's a common problem? Using the current standard big-world-setup you can install ToBex along with the NeJ mods that have the NoCD patch without it throwing up a conflict\need window.

The beta-big-world-setup does not put the NoCD patch on so thats why ToBex worked for me this time...

Maybe that means ToBex 008 isn't that buggy after all. It's possible that the people experiencing problems have NeJ mods installed and NoCD patch.

Maybe. :mellow:

Edit: But if Dabus is right then what I have just said is pretty pointless!

Edited by Anduin Shadow Mantle, 14 September 2010 - 01:52 PM.

#243 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

Huh? How do you know?

As far as I know, ToBEx is working with injections, so if some code should be executed, the program is directed to the new "external" code. Since I don't think that ToBEx is redirecting the copy-protection, it should not matter if the BGMain.exe is patched at some point or not.

Because the 'NoCD.exe' is the samekind of program as the 'ToBLauncher.exe' is, so as you cannot start one, that would then start another that would then start the 'BGMain.exe'(so that the changes accumulate)... it's not a patch program that would make the BGMain.exe start without the need to insert the CD.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#244 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

I don't know what version you have in mind but that's the text from the BiG World Install.bat:
     Now you can install the NoCD Crack from Never Ending Journey.

A window of the program "UltraPatcher 32" will open. 
     Press "Crack" and then at "Backup your original file?" the button "Yes".
That's a Crack/Patch and not a launcher.

#245 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:13 PM

I'm running both NoCD and ToBEx without any problems :D (either my PC is custom built for ToBEx to run no matter what or I'm really missing something :P)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#246 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:08 AM

I'm running both NoCD and ToBEx without any problems :D (either my PC is custom built for ToBEx to run no matter what or I'm really missing something :P)

Same here, been running TobEx on top of a cracked bgmain.exe without problems (it's version 6 or 7, so not the latest, but I don't think that would change the outcome).

Cheers,
Fred

#247 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:10 AM

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 September 2010 - 03:06 AM.

#248 --kulonen--

--kulonen--

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:17 AM

Problems with infinityanimations.

I have some problem with encoding in Moinesses Avatar Edits, and seems, not only in it. During an installation via BWS I was warned, that I must change my ANSI encoding from cp1251 to cp1252 (y/n for rebooting), after rebooting an installation process was started again, but I noticed the error message, here it is from the Setup-infinitianimations:
ERROR: error copying [infinityanimations/content/?A?A1A1.BAM]
After that I stopped an installation to find out, what's going on, in the Big World Install Debug file I found the same row, then I found this in the beginning of BWIDebug:
Spoiler

I decided to reinstall this mod by hands, but the strange thing is that even after changing a system encoding there is still the same problem:
names in Moinesse_edits_IAised.rar have strange symbol character in names:
¢A¢B1A1.BAM  ¢A¢B1A9.BAM   ¢A¢B2A2.BAM  ¢A¢B2CA.BAM   ¢A¢B3A3.BAM  ¢A¢B3G1.BAM   ¢A¢B4A4.BAM  ¢A¢B4INV.PLT
¢A¢B1A2.BAM  ¢A¢B1CA.BAM   ¢A¢B2A3.BAM  ¢A¢B2G1.BAM   ¢A¢B3A4.BAM  ¢A¢B3INV.PLT  ¢A¢B4A5.BAM  ¢A¢B4SA.BAM
¢A¢B1A3.BAM  ¢A¢B1G1.BAM   ¢A¢B2A4.BAM  ¢A¢B2INV.PLT  ¢A¢B3A5.BAM  ¢A¢B3SA.BAM   ¢A¢B4A6.BAM  ¢A¢B4SS.BAM
¢A¢B1A4.BAM  ¢A¢B1INV.PLT  ¢A¢B2A5.BAM  ¢A¢B2SA.BAM   ¢A¢B3A6.BAM  ¢A¢B3SS.BAM   ¢A¢B4A7.BAM  ¢A¢B4SX.BAM
¢A¢B1A5.BAM  ¢A¢B1SA.BAM   ¢A¢B2A6.BAM  ¢A¢B2SS.BAM   ¢A¢B3A7.BAM  ¢A¢B3SX.BAM   ¢A¢B4A8.BAM
¢A¢B1A6.BAM  ¢A¢B1SS.BAM   ¢A¢B2A7.BAM  ¢A¢B2SX.BAM   ¢A¢B3A8.BAM  ¢A¢B4A1.BAM   ¢A¢B4A9.BAM
¢A¢B1A7.BAM  ¢A¢B1SX.BAM   ¢A¢B2A8.BAM  ¢A¢B3A1.BAM   ¢A¢B3A9.BAM  ¢A¢B4A2.BAM   ¢A¢B4CA.BAM
¢A¢B1A8.BAM  ¢A¢B2A1.BAM   ¢A¢B2A9.BAM  ¢A¢B3A2.BAM   ¢A¢B3CA.BAM  ¢A¢B4A3.BAM   ¢A¢B4G1.BAM  ...etc...
And that what is written in Setup-infinityanimations.tp2:
//! Moinesse's Avatars for IA ///////////////////////////////////////////////
BEGIN @65 //25% of relevant non-joinables
SUBCOMPONENT @69 (MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0) //Moinesse's Avatars for IA
DESIGNATED 7000
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 @26 //This component requires the main component.
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ўaўa1a1.bam~ @70 //Moinesse_edits_IAised.rar needs to be extracted and installed with the main component.
ACTION_IF NOT MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 BEGIN
  FAIL @26 //This component requires the main component.
END
OUTER_SET rma = 1
INCLUDE ~infinityanimations/lib/t-moines.tpa~

I tried to rename files in ./infinityanimations/content by mask which replaced "¢" by "ў" or "?" (the last was changed to "_" by system, though), with no success, I still get this error message again and again.
Any Ideas?

#249 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:45 AM

Uhm, you should have had a chance to set the codepage at the beginning of the installation.
Posted Image
which should have led to a reboot.

But you did a reboot during the install. But the installer said it cannot continue.
So you had extracted the files manually and the installer still complains... no idea.

Maybe you can try it in the ia-part of the forum.

#250 --kulonen--

--kulonen--

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

Uhm, you should have had a chance to set the codepage at the beginning of the installation.
Posted Image
which should have led to a reboot.

Yep, and I pressed the Correct button at that time. But the system definitely hasn't been rebooted after that, I remember it clearly.

But the installer said it cannot continue.

Hem, no :whistling:
I paused it myself to find out, what kind of error I got. I found this description in BW pdf:

ming conflicts.
This mod consists of the core package for the actual installation and the content packages, which
contain the appropriate graphics. (For most megamods all archives are needed.) For a complete istallation all necessary packages must be downloaded and unpacked into the apmations subfolder.

"It's something really important" - I concluded, and decided to reinstall this component manually.

So you had extracted the files manually and the installer still complains... no idea.

Yes. Can't you tell me the name for that *A1A1.BAM file in your Infinity Animations TP2 file? And what name this file has in your ./infinityanimations/content.

Maybe you can try it in the ia-part of the forum.

Thanx, I'll try :)

#251 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

And that what is written in Setup-infinityanimations.tp2:

SUBCOMPONENT @69 (MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0) //Moinesse's Avatars for IA
DESIGNATED 7000
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 @26 //This component requires the main component.
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ўaўa1a1.bam~ @70 //Moinesse_edits_IAised.rar needs to be extracted and installed with the main component.
END
OUTER_SET rma = 1
I tried to rename files in ./infinityanimations/content by mask which replaced "¢" by "ў" or "?" (the last was changed to "_" by system, though), with no success, I still get this error message again and again.

This is what's in my tp2:
DESIGNATED 7000
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~¢a¢a1a1.bam~ @70 //Moinesse_edits_IAised.rar needs to be extracted and installed with the main component.
END
OUTER_SET rma = 1
So I assume your file got corrupted somehow, maybe before you changed your codepage. Try downloading it again.

These special characters are probably changing to more standard ones in the next release, but that may be a while.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#252 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

Another install using the Beta-BWSetup, this time to use the widescreen mod I missed out on using!

Everythings going well until about halfway through... IT CRASHED! :crying:

The super beta-BWSetup then asked me if I would like to continue, and repeat it for debugging purposes. However it continued as if nothing had happened :lol:

In fact it continued okay all the way till the end no probs.

It crashed while trying to install Yikari. I know that mod requires components from wiemers tactics mod, some of it's components also failed to install.

Started the game with ToBexLoader and it worked first time, had the character selection screen, everything! :woot: Ran around quickly and got myself up to the Friendly Arm in without a CtD. (Some graphic issues with spells like magic missiles leaving black boxes behind them as they fly, will mess with my graphic options later).

However it did crash... Is it safe to play with? I don't want to get halfway through the game and need to re-install <_<

Anyway here are my debug files. Hope they are useful.

EDIT: Files removed to be compressed.

Aaaagh my install debug.txt is to big!

Should I put it in a spoiler?

Edited by Anduin Shadow Mantle, 16 September 2010 - 01:35 AM.

#253 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Please compress the files before uploading.
Also note that one of the last steps after finishing the installation was:

Preparing BiG World Debug.7z for easier bug-reports...

which can be found in the BG2-folder.

If the BWS crashed during/after installing Yikari, I'd also like the compressed SETUP-YIKARI.DEBUG. That crash happened while checking/parsing the messages from the Debug-file. Since the mod install itself was ok, the install was not tried by the BWS again and thus the BWS had no chance to botch that test again.

Edited by dabus, 15 September 2010 - 04:20 PM.

#254 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:49 PM

Found it. It was already compressed for me. I love the BWSetup. :lol:

Attached File  BiG World Debug.7z   208.38K   268 downloads

And the file you wanted.

Attached File  SETUP-YIKARI.7z   5.98K   162 downloads

EDIT: And the files from the previous post compressed...

Attached File  Bak-201009151735.7z   2.26MB   267 downloads

Should I do another install for safety reasons? :huh: Actually I am quite enjoying using Beta-BWSetup perhaps I should do another one for fun anyway. :P

Also just thinking about it... A lot of the components that Wiemers Tactics did not install were available from BPv180a. However BP is deseslected in favour of Tactics. Should this be the other way around?

EDIT: Played a little further and got to Beregost, no CtDs. I am however unsure what AI I have installed. The old .bat install allowed you to choose your AI. I installed BPv180a component 000 and SCS/SCSII components... Have I installed both? :blink: And is that a good or bad thing to do? :huh:

EDIT: EDIT: I did report some strange spell issues leaving black boxes. These however magically disappeared when I rebooted my computer. Not sure what happened there... Oh well everything working now. :lol:

Edited by Anduin Shadow Mantle, 16 September 2010 - 02:06 AM.

#255 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:30 AM

Posted Image

Do you mean that Infinity Animations require clicking that "correct codepage" button of BWSetup to install/work properly? Because doing so last time screwed up lot of my russian-languaged software making unreadable symbols to be displayed instead of letters. The only way I was able to fix it is by rolling back windows via system restore option, something I'm not too eager to suffer again for the sake of IA installation. :(

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#256 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

Uhm, you should have had a chance to set the codepage at the beginning of the installation...

Do you mean that Infinity Animations require clicking that "correct codepage" button of BWSetup to install/work properly? Because doing so last time screwed up lot of my russian-languaged software making unreadable symbols to be displayed instead of letters. The only way I was able to fix it is by rolling back windows via system restore option, something I'm not too eager to suffer again for the sake of IA installation. :(

Well, the issue is with the Russian symbols not containing all the necessary symbols... so yes the Infinity Animations require the right codex to be in use during the install process, you can then reset it back.

#257 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:18 AM

so yes the Infinity Animations require the right codex to be in use during the install process, you can then reset it back.

Thanks for the fast reply! :)

So it's ok to revert codepage back after installation and IA content will be accessible through the game anyway? If so, any easy way to do so without resorting to use of system restore? :rolleyes:

#258 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

Save and import either the complete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage or just its key ACP. You can also set that in the system settings > region > select 3. tab extended and set the value of the non-unicode-programs to Russian(roughly translated).

It's a good idea to enable a restore though.

#259 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:04 AM

Save and import either the complete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage or just its key ACP. You can also set that in the system settings > region > select 3. tab extended and set the value of the non-unicode-programs to Russian(roughly translated).

It's a good idea to enable a restore though.

Thanks, that translation was good enough for me to easily find that tab :)

As for restore, last time I used it I found some files that were downloaded after backup date vanished so I'm not too sure if this option won't erase something I need again.

#260 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

So it's ok to revert codepage back after installation and IA content will be accessible through the game anyway? If so, any easy way to do so without resorting to use of system restore?

I don't think you can revert the codepage and still use IA. You're probably better off waiting for the next release (which, as I said above, might take a while).

If there are more questions specific to Infinity Animations, it's best to ask in the IA forum. It's only by chance I read long BWP/BWS general threads, and sometimes if a question isn't on the most recent page by the time I get to it, I might not even see it.

Edit: note that only applies if you have special software or something similar to your case. There are several Russian users who have installed IA just fine.

Edited by Miloch, 16 September 2010 - 12:12 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle