Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v8.3

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#161 -PortmanX-

-PortmanX-

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:20 AM

Hello Everyone!

I'm very impressed with with BWP, but I need some help. I cannot download some of the components like the newest weidu and the strangest thing is that i cannot access weidu.org (and sorcerer's place). I don't know what is the problem. I've tried everything with no success (like turning off my firewall, using different browser, using other pc!). I'm using Windows Xp SP3+ZoneAlarm Pro firewall+Firefox. Do you have some tips?

#162 WildMage

WildMage
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:54 AM

I need a bit o' help too.

I play Wild Mages and tend to go over to the Spelllshaper with the Wild Mage Additions.
Well my "tactics" installed without a hitch but my new character always resets to only Mage after a few seconds in Game!

What might cause this?

Edited by WildMage, 11 March 2010 - 09:29 AM.

Whenever magic one doth weave
'Tis never ever wise to deceive

-E

#163 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

Well my "tactics" installed without a hitch but my new character always resets to only Mage after a few seconds in Game!

I remember this :o I've also had Worgas the wild mage as a mage (although I dunno if he turned into a mage or was one from the beginning :P) But I looked at his .cre in NI and his kit was WILD_MAGE but in-game, he was:

Attached Images

• Baldr001.png

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#164 -Kelrynn-

-Kelrynn-

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

Just a quick question. I love my dog Haisas I acquired at the beginning of the game. Haisas leveled up once making it into Nashkell to stage 2. I have now just cleared the Cloakwood mines and Haisas has not gained anymore levels (stages). Is he supposed to? How and when does my dog get to another stage?

#165 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

From Haiass' readme ^_^

Spoiler

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#166 WildMage

WildMage
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:16 AM

Still can't figure it out!
Gotta Read tru all those Manuals.

But I don't get it. My Tactics in 8.2 didn't have this problem!

It also seems that My "Mage" cannot equip Knives and daggers.
But in the Level up screen you can assign points to it!
Whenever magic one doth weave
'Tis never ever wise to deceive

-E

#167 tpvic

tpvic
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:16 AM

Help needed! Your time and assistance will be highly appreciated and I'd thank you in advance

Problems
AI

Almost a quarter of the enemies, including mage and melee type, refused to attack my group. They simply stood there, turned hostile, refuse to attacked even my group was attacking them. E.g., the very first assassin Tarnesh met outside the friendly arm inn, and many other here and there.

TOB
In the very first beginning, after talking to one of the stones/gods, the game got stuck and refused to move forward. My character couldn't move and the mouse cursor was not shown. It didn't crash or CtD because it's still raining and lighting.

Files needed for debugging
Since all the files needed for debugging are way too big, i zipped them (432kb) and attached it here. I also uploaded it to rapidshare just in case (http://rapidshare.co...9024/Debug.rar.) It contains weidu.log, SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG, BiG_World_Debug.txt.

Background
After my installation of BWP 8.3, I tried BG1, BG2, TOB half an hour each to test the stability. During these trials, I did not encounter any problems I mentioned above, i.e., tarnesh attacking my group normally, no stuck in TOB beginning. However, after I started to play more than 10+ hours, I discovered the AI issues which occur to me consistently.

At first I thought some of the files are compromised for some unknown reasons leading to such issues since I've no problem running the first time. So I simply deleted the Bgii- SOA folder and used my backup (I made a backup of the whole Bgii-soa folder (abt 16gb) right after the installation.) However, the problems I mentioned still persisted.

I used BWP8.3 setup to download the recommended version plus several other mods that are included in the standard version (When running the BiG World Install.bat, I chose "Standard", "keep them all" regarding unsuitable and fun mode, No kits installed, SCS & SCSII AI, "full plate and packing steel".) I don’t believe these mods are causing the problem but I list here just in case
Installation: Recommended version +
Spoiler

My BiG_World_Debug.txt is too large to attach here so I uploaded it to rapidshare (http://rapidshare.co...World_Debug.txt) You may find some useful information here: I installed BWP several times but each time I have encounter the following error during the installation:
During the installation of SCSII:
Spoiler

I suspect SCSII may be the one causing the problem but please remember that during my first trial I encountered NONE of the issues, i.e. enemies AI work, no stuck in TOB.

In the BiG_World_Debug.txt you may find that there was error during the generalized_biffing. I ran the generalized_biffing again and it succesfully finished biffing.

The SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG is too large to attach here as well so I uploaded it to rapidshare (http://rapidshare.co...TUP-SCSII.DEBUG)

Weidu.log
Spoiler

My Baldur.err is empty (I enabled cheat, logging in baldur.ini already)

My Baldur.log does contain something though that may or may not be relevant to my situation:
Spoiler

Thank you very much again. Please let me know if you need further information.

EDIT: It seems I solved my problem and would like to report what I have done in case there is anyone encountering the same problem. It looks like it is indeed caused by the SCSII installation error due to the incompatibility b/w spell revision and SCSII, which has been fixed by the latest patch of SR (http://www.shsforums...k/page__st__160) So basically I reinstalled the whole game with the latest patch and so far everything runs smoothly. However I still need to observe for a while since last time everything did look great in the beginning but suddenly the enemies AI just stopped working.

edit 2:
I received a formal response from SCS creator David W and it has been confirmed that the installation error is indeed caused by the incompatibility b/w Spell revisions and SCS. It can be fixed by the hotfix I mentioned above.

In addition, it seems there is an incompatibility b/w SCS and Sarah Mod. It has already been noted by the creator of SCS and Sarah mod. The workaround suggested by David W is as follows:

"the “Sarah” mod has a corrupted creature file on which SCSII is choking at install time. I’ve logged this with the mod’s author and may write a compatibility block into SCSII itself in due course; in the meantime, you can work around it by removing “k#anna1.cre” from the override directory before SCSII installs and putting it back afterwards " by David W

Question: since I have never played baldur gate 1 before, are those xvar protectors in the xvar village supposed to just stand there and won't attack even if attacked? The xvars and shamans did put up one hell of a fight, but not those xvar protectors. I was wondering whether it is normal. Thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by tpvic, 18 March 2010 - 11:09 PM.

#168 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:39 AM

The SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG is too large to attach here
3698 KB

.rar archive...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#169 laurelin

laurelin
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:58 AM

This might be a stupid question, but I am new to BiG World, so I need to ask.

When I level up, my THAC0 goes up - like from 20 to 21. That makes it harder to hit things, iirc. And good weapons lower your THAC0, so I have a base of 22 and an armed of 20.

What is going on? Please tell me it's a typo.

I have the recommended installation, minus assassinations and a few NPCs.

Thanks!
Attached File  Weidu.log   38.55K   204 downloads

EDIT: And now it's gone back to normal. Maybe it's a weird on level up thing.

EDIT #2: Most forums dislike double posting, so this is an entirely different question. Right after I hit the Xvart Village, Minsc started acting very strangely. If I am in a fight, Minsc's circle will turn yellow, and he will start attacking anything and everything. I turned off the AI, but that didn't change it. I checked his equipment - nothing's cursed.

There is also no message of any sort about it in the game. He goes yellow shortly after battle commences, then turns back to green shortly after it ends. Restarting the game didn't help either.  

Edited by laurelin, 12 March 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#170 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

EDIT #2: Most forums dislike double posting, so this is an entirely different question. Right after I hit the Xvart Village, Minsc started acting very strangely. If I am in a fight, Minsc's circle will turn yellow, and he will start attacking anything and everything. I turned off the AI, but that didn't change it. I checked his equipment - nothing's cursed.

Is he equipping the 2-handed sword +3 you get from that mad officer in Nashkel?? (forgot name :doh:) That sword was originally the 'Berserking Sword +3' in vanilla BGI ^_^ Click spoiler to know which mod does this :P
Spoiler

#171 -Kelrynn-

-Kelrynn-

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

From Haiass' readme ^_^

Spoiler

Thanks for the info. Lesson learned - always read the readme file. :doh:

#172 tpvic

tpvic
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

The SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG is too large to attach here
3698 KB

.rar archive...

Thx very much for your time. Attached please find the debug.rar (432kb). It contains BiG World Debug.txt, SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG, and Weidu.log. Just in case anyone has trouble downloading it, i also uploaded it (http://rapidshare.co...49024/Debug.rar) Again thx very much for the help.

Attached Files

#173 laurelin

laurelin
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

Yes, he had the +3 two hander equipped. It'd be nice if there was some indication in the description or anywhere in the game that the sword made you crazy.

Thank you!

#174 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

Yes, he had the +3 two hander equipped. It'd be nice if there was some indication in the description or anywhere in the game that the sword made you crazy.

It is probably the "Cursed Items" mod that changed that, because it certainly does in the vanilla game ("This is a cursed sword which performs perfectly under every test, save the heat of battle. Upon entering combat, the wielder will immediately go berserk, killing everything within reach until either calming down or falling unconscious...").

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#175 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

At the moment, we're updating the linklist for easier handling for updates with the BWS. We really don't know what will happen if you use the current BWS version, but we think, it is better not to try an installation with it until we finished the linklist and BWS updates.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#176 Jamoid

Jamoid
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

Anyway, just popping in to mention that the new MTSCrappackv3 has deprecated one of its components (shifting everything upwards by 1), so the install.bat might install something that's not intended to be installed ... but that won't be a problem ;) ... cause the .tp2 got renamed too :P so the BWP won't install it in the first place!

i didn't understand your post completely, so forgive me if i'm asking the wrong person, but in my recent install a few mods failed to extract. three of these were moongaze's mods, who for whatever reason has made all his mods unavailable, the fourth was the crappack. what is confusing me is that the mod downloaded correctly with the same filename listed in the install program. i figured it'd be fine if i just extracted it myself, but i am still getting this:

!  "The MTS Crappack" is not present yet. "The MTS Crappack" must be
!  installed for entire compatibility with Big Picture.

if i can get the installation program to recognize that the mod is indeed there it'd be great but failing that - can i leave the mod out safely or is it really required?

thanks!

#177 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:34 AM

if i can get the installation program to recognize that the mod is indeed there it'd be great but failing that - can i leave the mod out safely or is it really required?

The Crappack contains compatibility patches between BP and 3 mods (Kelsey, d0tweaks and d0questpack) but the latest update changed the .tp2 name from MTS_Crappackv2 to just MTS_Crappack (causing the install.bat to not recognize the mod)

If you wanna install the Crappack, find and change the lines in the BiG World Install.bat (right-click and Edit using Notepad):
%IFES%MTS_Crappackv2%IFIF%d0questpack%IFIF%BPv179%S%MTS_Crappackv2%L%0%SK% 30 --logapp | %M%
%IFES%MTS_Crappackv2%IFIF%Kelsey%IFIF%BPv179%S%MTS_Crappackv2%L%0%SK% 32 --logapp | %M%
%IFES%MTS_Crappackv2%IFIF%d0tweak%IFIF%BPv179%S%MTS_Crappackv2%L%0%SK% 31 --logapp | %M%
to
%IFES%MTS_Crappack%IFIF%d0questpack%IFIF%BPv179%S%MTS_Crappack%L%0%SK% 29 --logapp | %M%
%IFES%MTS_Crappack%IFIF%Kelsey%IFIF%BPv179%S%MTS_Crappack%L%0%SK% 31 --logapp | %M%
%IFES%MTS_Crappack%IFIF%d0tweak%IFIF%BPv179%S%MTS_Crappack%L%0%SK% 30 --logapp | %M%

Cheers :cheers:

#178 Jamoid

Jamoid
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:54 AM

not only did you completely fix my problem but you did it in under 30 minutes. |o/

thank you!

#179 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

So far, we are ready with the linklist update and you can use the "BiG World Setup" again.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#180 laurelin

laurelin
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

So, uh, more stuff. I can't search the forums, and I have no idea where else I'm supposed to put this, so I'll be a noob. Thank you for putting up with noob, have 400 xp.

Scar and Sashenstar's daughter appears to be bugged. I can't find the body anywhere, but I did find the skin of Raissa, in BG1?! Now I'm a little worried that quest will be bugged when I get to it. So, yeah, weirdness. Any help? I found the skin in the dungeon with the carrion crawlers, in a container along the top of the passage.

Thanks!