BiG World Project (BWP) v8.3

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#141 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

This is ironic... So erhm, what did I do wrong now?
Edit:ZimageZ removed.
Cause I know this is the right directory, cause it's the same in the CD5. And the description is wrong, by the way, as it needs to be in CD5\movies\25Movies.bif, not CD5\Movies\25movies.bif... at least for the 4+1 CD version of BGII - SoA + ToB + patch26498.

Mystery solved... typo I'll kill kilos fro this.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 March 2010 - 05:05 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#142 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

$BG2AliasDir=IniRead($g_BG2Dir & '\baldur.ini', 'Alias', 'CD5:', $g_BG2Dir&'\CD5\')
If StringInStr($BG2AliasDir, ';') Then
	$BG2AliasDir=StringSplit($BG2AliasDir, ';')
	For $b=1 to $BG2AliasDir[0]
		If FileExists($BG2AliasDir[$b] & 'Movies\25movies.bif') Then 
			$BG2AliasDir=$BG2AliasDir[$b]
			ExitLoop
		EndIf	
	Next
EndIf
If Not FileExists($BG2AliasDir & 'Movies\25movies.bif') Then $Error&=_GetTR($Message, 'L3')&@CRLF; movie-file is missing

Well, either you missed the trailing backslash in the alias-section of your baldur.ini or vista does some funny things again.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#143 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

Installing edwin romance got this:

Posted Image

Is that normal ?? Can I fix it ??
...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#144 Aramyr

Aramyr
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

Well I managed to make a bit stable insatllation of my BG big world. It crashed randomly -only one time so far. And yes I did a manual install. Is there any guide how to use the BWP installer tool? I screwep up when i tried use. I mean I put the uncompressed files to to the download folder and the program took a lot of 0 kilobite sized stuff there too then it gave me some error message.

#145 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:54 AM

Well I managed to make a bit stable installation of my BG big world. It crashed randomly -only one time so far. And yes I did a manual install. Is there any guide how to use the BWP installer tool? I screwed up when i tried use. I mean I put the uncompressed files to to the download folder and the program took a lot of 0 kilobite sized stuff there too then it gave me some error message.

What kind of knowledge you wish to have?
And what do you mean that it crashes randomly? Cause it doesn't do that... believe me.
And more info on this 'manual install' method you say you have done, would be good. Are you intending to make automatic Setup using the BiG World Setup.vbs or a manual Setup using yourself as the downloader/extractor, and automatic install using the BiG World Install.bat, or do it all yourself?

You'll probably have to start the whole process from the start(as you said that you did a manual install), just keep/move the downloaded content into a folder that's not in the game folder, then uninstall the game and remove the game folder... then reinstall it from the beginning and remember to patch the game to the latest official version, not to the 26499beta.

What you do with the extracted files is you put them into the game folder, when that's all done, you run one of the setup-*modname*.exe(this is for safety reasons), but do not install anything so all the setup-*modname*.exe get updated to the latest version(v21300 yesterday). Then you check that all the setup-*modname*.exe's file size is the exact same. And if they are not, you remove the once that are not, and replace them with copies of the others that have been renamed as them(that's called: manually updating the WeiDU.exe's, for reference). And then if you do not wish to continue into the manual install, you start the BiG World Install.bat...

#146 -Lawrence-

-Lawrence-

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:28 AM

Did my first successful install of BWP the other day. I'm quite impressed and would like to thank all the people who have put so much hard work into this project. Your efforts are appreciated.

May I make a suggestion? I think it would be useful if another category of install type were made -- "purist". I want my install to be as close to pen and paper 2nd edition rules as possible. I tried making choices during the install to reflect that -- not installing that full plate and packing. But for many it's difficult to determine if the mod is monkeying with the rules. Many mods say they "fix" or "enhance" spells, but it's hard to know what that exactly means. Other mods have choices within them and most of the mod is fine by purist standards but one or two choices are not. Some of the tactics mods play with the rules a lot as well. I'd prefer to have only official AD&D kits and spells as well.

I'd be happy to help in making a list of purist safe mods if you're interested in making this part of the install process.

Lawrence

#147 Rakhu

Rakhu
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:48 AM

Running around a bit in my BWP standard installation... can't remember that being lvl 1 was quite so hard :( Got my ass kicked badly by a single bandit :new_bottom:

Well anyway, what bothers me more is that I can't find Viconia in Peldvale anymore. And as so often of late, the search function here is out of order... So, does anyone by chance have an idea if there are some prerequisites to be met due to a mod or something in order to be able to see Viconia? Haven't found a clue with NI so far. BG without Viconia in my party just isn't the same :crying:

Edited by Rakhu, 06 March 2010 - 06:49 AM.

#148 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

She was moved by a couple of mods to the road leading from Beregost to Naskeln. Such as BG1NPCs, SCS ...

#149 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:49 AM

I'd be happy to help in making a list of purist safe mods if you're interested in making this part of the install process.

I offer help with that too :D (although I'm no purist, the standard install is getting rather bloated innit?? :unsure:) ... I mean - Teddy, Roar, Questor?? One-day NPCs?? :wacko: No hurt meant :crying:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#150 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

That's why the good mods are in recommended and the bug-free ones are in standard (except the big mods).
And I don't think you should adjust this in the current batch if you want to pic on component-basis.
Otherwise you could just upload your BWS-export-file and others can use them as a basis.

Edited by dabus, 06 March 2010 - 11:30 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#151 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

Cheers,

I want to report how my stutter(which I've been suffering in bwp 8.3 tactic; really nasty and made the game unplayable)disappeared after I've moved all the containers(for scrolls,gems,etc.)from inventory to a chest in some area; now, the game is better than ever....and the stuttering wasn't because of my low specs pc which I tended to believe.

About the "Stone of Recall" which teleports your party to a small area ... what mod introduced it?
(The real nice thing with this item is that I can store my NPC's in that area ^_^ and use them when needed whith their inventoy stuffed with items, cuz' if you leave items on the ground they vanish after some time; and another thing is that you can teleport in the middle of a fight and organize)

Edited by neutrowave, 06 March 2010 - 12:13 PM.

#152 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

I want to report how my stutter(which I've been suffering in bwp 8.3 tactic; really nasty and made the game unplayable)disappeared after I've moved all the containers(for scrolls,gems,etc.)from inventory to a chest in some area; now, the game is better than ever....and the stuttering wasn't because of my low specs pc which I tended to believe.

That's suggested in my Frequently Answered Questions for the Megamods thread.

About the "Stone of Recall" which teleports your party to a small area ... what mod introduced it?

Read your WeiDU.log, it has the Salks Cursed Items mod which has a special component that gives the item... you should also know there are a bit of minuses the teleportation introduces, like few minus Xps etc.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 March 2010 - 01:11 PM.

#153 Rakhu

Rakhu
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

Kiitos Jarno! :cheers:
Now adding Edwin for some bickering and my party is ready to go 8)

#154 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

Er... could someone kindly answer me about that edwin romance message ?

Thanks to he/she who has the time Posted Image

#155 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

"Stone of Recall"

There's another mini-pocket-plane item from Konalan's Tweaks ^_^ (and it has containers!!! :woot:)

Er... could someone kindly answer me about that edwin romance message?

If you mean the one you get at the start ...
Illegal creature file [edwin\cre\tknight.cre] (file size is < 724 bytes)
It's known and will be fixed in the next version of the romance :) (there's a thread in their forums about this ...)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#156 Himself

Himself

• 230 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:30 PM

Heya lollo, its about this one:

Posted Image

I wanna know if the contents of this file should be put somewhere ^^

Checked the forum and tried a search (still not working?)

But since you mentioned that knight, yeah, knowing whats wrong with it so as to fix would also be great, the edwin forum just says "it will be on next release" (the post is months old btw), er... the whole reason I started messing around the editors was to not be dependant of "waiting lists" anymore Posted Image

Edited by Himself, 06 March 2010 - 10:43 PM.

#157 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

Oh :P

If you wanna do what the mod (tried to do) does, use an editor (NearInfinity for example ... check out Jarno's FAQ's last point for using it in a BWP install ;)) to open EDWIN.bcs and search for the block in EDWIN_DEGARDAN.BCS (from the mod's edwin/bcs/ folder) and replace that block with the block in EDWIN_DEGARDAN_ROMANCE.bcs (from the same mod's folder)

You'll have to open the mod's bcs'es using NI's File->"Open File" box and then drag the mod bcs'es to that box :)

Checked the forum and tried a search (still not working?)

Still broke unfortunately :(

the whole reason I started messing around the editors was to no be dependant of "waiting lists" anymore

I'm with you on that one :coolthumb: Helps the BWP dudes as well ;)

#158 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

[quote name='Lollorian' date='06 March 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1267930553' post='480912']
[quote name='neutrowave' date='07 March 2010 - 01:41 AM' timestamp='1267906314' post='480874']"Stone of Recall"[/quote]There's another mini-pocket-plane item from Konalan's Tweaks ^_^ (and it has containers!!! :woot:)

^_^ very nice....

#159 -Kelrynn-

-Kelrynn-

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

Just a quick question. I am in Cloakwood doing the Shadow Druid quest with Jaheira in my party. I found Beador in the next area and rushed back to the Druid tree. Andarthe is there but he will not talk to me. I tried just killing him and still can't find Maretha to finish the quest. Is there a command I need to enter on the command line to get Maretha to show up?

#160 -Kelrynn-

-Kelrynn-

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

Never mind, I found the fix for this bug.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#JaheiraQuest","GLOBAL",4)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#MarethaExist","AR8401",0)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#MarethaResBeadAlive","GLOBAL",1)

I then entered the tree and Maretha spawned as she should.