Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v8.3

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#81 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

In the middle of an install right now :) And it looks like the Archer of Sylvanus kit from SPCollections is incompatible with Refinements :( Gave me this error ...

Thanks for the report. Can you post the error at the G3 forum for SPCollections and here at the Refinements forum (both linked)?

At the moment, we can only remove component 5 of SPCollections from the Install.bat, to avoid the installation of the "Archer of Sylvanus kit", until the problem is fixed.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 22 February 2010 - 09:36 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#82 Theon

Theon
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:42 AM

Hi!

i don't know if you have already noticed, but the Imoen Romance Mod was updated recently. The 1.2 and the patch was merged together, and the music files got replaced by OGG versions, so it would work as it should on 64 bit systems (solution for the 16-bit xm2wav.exe converter problem).
The new link for the file is:
http://imoen.blindmo...n-v1201Full.rar

#83 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for the report. Can you post the error at the G3 forum for SPCollections and here at the Refinements forum (both linked)?

Sorry for the late reply :P The refinements-archer thing is discussed here, so I don't think they'll be compatible in the future :( (but a thought forms ... what if some of the other kits have the same incompatibility that the archer has??? :unsure:) But about the problem, methinks the BWS can handle this pretty darn good :D

Anyway, I see SCS (I and II) got updated with another component revision :doh: So ... (cheers for installpack update Posted Image)

Oh, and since the ToBEx is now working for you guys ... maybe we could install more than 9 kits now :devil: (is that cool or is that cool?? :D)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#84 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

in the pdf setup it says to download 'bg1 missing files' can someone tell me where to find them. i have dvd version... thanks Disari...

#85 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:20 PM

in the pdf setup it says to download 'bg1 missing files' can someone tell me where to find them. i have dvd version... thanks Disari...

There is a link list to all the BWS files, and among them there is this(direct download link).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#86 disari

disari
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

[quote name='Jarno Mikkola' date='23 February 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1266963609' post='479991']
[quote name='disari' date='23 February 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1266962397' post='479987']in the pdf setup it says to download 'bg1 missing files' can someone tell me where to find them. i have dvd version... thanks Disari...[/quote] There is a [url="http://kerzenburg.ba...p?t=34931"]link list[/url] to all the BWS files, and among them there is [url="http://www.shsforums..._id=15886"]this[/url](direct download link).
[/quote

Thanks so much really want to try this out has been a long time since i played through smile and it was a lot harder to install than this looks.. good work and again thank u 4 quick response

#87 swak62

swak62
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

I am not certain if this is the correct area to ask this question, and I don't know if this a glitch or incompatibility conflict with the mods I have installed in my BWP installation. I am use to the 'older' armor class system of the original BG and BGII, so I don't know if these revisions of armor class are due to a certain mod or what. But I noticed that all studded leather, chain mail, banded mail, and plate armor all have the same armor class ratting of AC7. Trying to do a little research of what all the mods have done and such, I haven't been able to make any headway. I'm kind of 'assuming' that there are a lot of adjustments made with these ratings, with AC7 being the base, the kind of armor it is, and what type of weapon is being used against it. Which was already a very complicated system even under the original 1st edition rules of AD&D, and many DM's of that time recognized the benefits of using computers to use this system back in the tabletop PnP days. However, you know what they say about 'assumptions'....

Anyway, I am wondering if this is normal with a typical BWP installation, as followed by the instruction manual by Leonardo Watson? Of course, I did not install ALL the mods listed in that manual, but from I can read and understand of it, it appears that all these mods CAN be extracted and the Big World Install.bat will work out the compatibility/incompatibility problems, skipping those parts which conflict or perform the same function as another mod.
The manual also makes mention that some things can be changed after the installation takes place, but does not go into detail in how to do so. Is this done by editing the Big World Install.bat and running it again? I have also read about how the editing is done and understand most of what that says, but there are points where I cannot find clear and concise references to what I may want to change (specifically, in how to make Khalid a Fighter/Mage with the level1npc mod).

If it helps, I've included my WeiDu.log here.

Attached Files

#88 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

I am not certain if this is the correct area to ask this question, and I don't know if this a glitch or incompatibility conflict with the mods I have installed in my BWP installation. I am use to the 'older' armor class system of the original BG and BGII, so I don't know if these revisions of armor class are due to a certain mod or what

Without looking at your WeiDU.log, I'd say this is probably Full Plate & Packing Steel.

I cannot find clear and concise references to what I may want to change (specifically, in how to make Khalid a Fighter/Mage with the level1npc mod).

Just run setup-level1npcs.exe.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#89 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

~FULLPLATE/SETUP-FULLPLATE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Full Plate And Packing Steel: Between You And Harm (alternate armour system): v2

That's the new armor system, you are trading AC to damage resistance. Normal? Not to me, but for some; yes. For full reference.

I cannot find clear and concise references to what I may want to change (specifically, in how to make Khalid a Fighter/Mage with the level1npc mod).

He'll need to uninstall these:

~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // generalized biffing: v2
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Non-cumulative blindness effect (THAC0 malus): v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Enlarge tooltip scroll: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Apply profsmax.2da restrictions on char creation (BGT): v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // "Scrollable" mage spellbook: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #121 // "Scrollable" priest spellbook: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Fix cure drunkeness effect (#164): v0.5.1

And when he is finished with the setup-level1npcs.exe, he then should install them on top. The reason is because the General Biffing 'eats' the file the first component of the level1npcs mod puts to the override folder.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 February 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#90 swak62

swak62
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:39 AM

~FULLPLATE/SETUP-FULLPLATE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Full Plate And Packing Steel: Between You And Harm (alternate armour system): v2

That's the new armor system, you are trading AC to damage resistance. Normal? Not to me, but for some; yes. For full reference.

He'll need to uninstall these:

~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ #0 #0 // generalized biffing: v2
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Non-cumulative blindness effect (THAC0 malus): v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Enlarge tooltip scroll: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Apply profsmax.2da restrictions on char creation (BGT): v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // "Scrollable" mage spellbook: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #121 // "Scrollable" priest spellbook: v0.5.1
~TOB_HACKS/TOB_HACKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Fix cure drunkeness effect (#164): v0.5.1

And when he is finished with the setup-level1npcs.exe, he then should install them on top. The reason is because the General Biffing 'eats' the file the first component of the level1npcs mod puts to the override folder.

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!! That armor system was driving me nuts! And I was having problems trying to find information. And thank you again for the added info about how to add/take away components for the mods.

#91 -hangar-

-hangar-

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

I want to thank you guys for all your hard work on this truly excellent project and offer a couple suggestions about making it easier for noobs like me. I played through the series when it first came out, but have never touched the mods before this week.

1) You should make it clear on the main page how much time/space it can take to install. I wasn't expecting it to take 12 hours or 30 gigs.

2) My internet flickered off a couple times during the download stage of the installer and it couldn't locate some of the files. I found I either had to start the whole process over, or fetch the remaining files manually. The appropriate behavior might be to refetch all files when BiG World Setup.vbs is reopened.

3) The last stage of the instructions "Begin the installation" could be a little more thorough. I hit a couple snags and had to restart the vb5 script a few times and noticed the .bat could be restarted if you made a wrong choice. Also, it wasn't clear that "start your megamod" meant I should start the game normally; I spent some time looking around for a special megamod exe.

4) BiG World Install.bat asks some questions about which mods I wanted to use without explaning the differences between them. And it used abbreviations like SoS so I had a hard time googling them. Some more information would have saved me a lot of trouble.

5) The linklist and installer only give a short description of each of the mods. It's pretty daunting trying to figure out which ones you want to use with so little information. I'm not complaining, as having any information at all on so many mods in multiple languages is a feat beyond my contemplation. I'm just saying--if it's possible--more would be better.

Anyway, thank you for all your hard work.

#92 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

4) BiG World Install.bat asks some questions about which mods I wanted to use without explaning the differences between them. And it used abbreviations like SoS so I had a hard time googling them. Some more information would have saved me a lot of trouble.

You could read the Manual :rtfm: , English, German, Spanish... they are also downloaded during the downloadings, so go look them in the folder.

The 1) also is in the manual...

#93 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:02 AM

1) You should make it clear on the main page how much time/space it can take to install. I wasn't expecting it to take 12 hours or 30 gigs.

Like Jarno said, this is touched upon in page 17 of the guide :) (btw, unless you do an Expert install, you're not gonna reach 30 gigs :D)

3) The last stage of the instructions "Begin the installation" could be a little more thorough. I hit a couple snags and had to restart the vb5 script a few times and noticed the .bat could be restarted if you made a wrong choice. Also, it wasn't clear that "start your megamod" meant I should start the game normally; I spent some time looking around for a special megamod exe.

(I admit I lolled :lol:) But yeah, he's kinda right :)

While not a priority (cause a search in the guide for "SoS or "TDD" brings up the mod's name fairly quickly :)) an abbreviation list would be cool! :D

5) The linklist and installer only give a short description of each of the mods. It's pretty daunting trying to figure out which ones you want to use with so little information. I'm not complaining, as having any information at all on so many mods in multiple languages is a feat beyond my contemplation. I'm just saying--if it's possible--more would be better.

Well, the BWP tries to fit as many mods as possible and detailing all the changes that a mod like ... say SCS (Swords Coast Strategems) can make is kinda daunting :P That's why, when in doubt, read the mod's own readme ;) (every mod has its own unique readme ... please do take the time to read some of the newer/bigger/popular ones ;))

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#94 flinx

flinx
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

Like Jarno said, this is touched upon in page 17 of the guide :) (btw, unless you do an Expert install, you're not gonna reach 30 gigs :D)

This is not correct - I did a standard install, and hit 30GB (31 489 266 245 bytes to be exact) for the BGII - SoA folder. Keep in mind that this is without running any kind of cleanup, and the source files for the mods are still there. A disk free space check definitely seems in order, or at least some kind of warning to the user prior to the install.

I also wish you'd actually type out the full name of the mod in the install.bat when displaying messages to the user. In general it's a much better idea to give the user as much information as possible, so that one shouldn't even need a manual in the first place to do an install (except as a general reference). The VBS script has done a lot to improve this already, so it's really just a matter of polishing and improving things.

PS. Run a spell-checker on anything a user sees - it helps save you from a lot of confusion later if something is incomprehensible or ambiguous.

#95 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

Either I'm missing a HUGE mod everytime, or the biffmeister's doing a splendid job :lol:

This install (BWPExpert with ALL the kits that the BWP can install along with SPCollections and PaladinsofFaerun) is now on my disk taking 18.1 GB of space :o The things that could probably save my space would be a modified Cleanup.bat that I ran (~10 GB snipped ... but everything's still changeloggable ^_^) and the biffmeister package (~5 GB saved)

I'd seen the size before running the cleanup.bat and it was 32.5 GB :P (and then, considering that the standard install doesn't have NeJ, Oversight, BP and many huge stuff ... I guess I had it easy :lol:)

I probably should mention that I don't use a few mods :P Nothing huge ...
Spoiler

Ofcourse, I may still be wrong (and probably am) :doh:

And I agree with the abbreviation thing :) It'd be great if the install.bat could make some sort of confirmation (like it does for widescreen) for all its options (fun-mods, AI, kits etc)

Edited by Lollorian, 26 February 2010 - 06:16 PM.

#96 -Uaine-

-Uaine-

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

I'm trying to figure out component editing in the Big World Setup.vbs program.

When I click "manage components" for a mod, they all have just "0" selected. If I want to change installed components here, do I need to add the number of every component I want to install, and hit save? Is this correct?

And if I do not configure the components for an individual mod at all, will the components be selected as described in the documentation (BiG World v8.3 english.pdf) ?

I just want to make sure I'm doing this right before I lose 6 hours or so on a bad install :P

#97 -hangar-

-hangar-

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:49 PM

You could read the Manual :rtfm: , English, German, Spanish... they are also downloaded during the downloadings, so go look them in the folder.

The 1) also is in the manual...

Well, I didn't find the manual until after the install. Oh also, the manual doesn't make it clear that you're not supposed to go through the entire Section II manually.

The point of time and space is just because I was a little spooked during the process. I thought it might be stuck in an infinite loop, filling up my drive.

Well, the BWP tries to fit as many mods as possible and detailing all the changes that a mod like ... say SCS (Swords Coast Strategems) can make is kinda daunting :P That's why, when in doubt, read the mod's own readme ;) (every mod has its own unique readme ... please do take the time to read some of the newer/bigger/popular ones ;))

I agree, they are helpful, but the problem here is that you don't have the readme until you've chosen to download the mod, and there's no hint as to where to look for them.

#98 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:59 PM

... and there's no hint as to where to look for them.

All hail ... DA LINKLISTE <choir music> :Bow:

(all mods have 2 links - upper one gives you mod homepage, lower one's the direct download link ;))

#99 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

@Hangar:
1) If someone can provide the filesizes that are added to your disk, these info and drive-check can be included in one of our next updates.

2) I don't know what bothers you exactly. The BWS tests if downloads are available and fetches name and size. If they are found, the files are searched on your disk and the size match. If not found on your system, they are (deleted since some people release mods with the same filename and) fetched. Then wget tries to get them 3 times (and retries to continue). If it was not successful, the error for the mods is noted and you can either download them guided by the BWS or retry to load the mods.
What and why should I change? Be more clear.

3) You are referring to what part here? And which state you are in when you recognize your selection was wrong? The BWS tells you it will start the batch, so you should know that.

5) So you did not recognize the bold I-button (above the mods description) which opens the homepage of the mod? Aside from the suggestion to make that more obvious - and as already mentioned - we don't have time to write more short but "expressive" descriptions about the mods, so I took them out of the guide some time ago.

@Uaine:
As said in the current overview and some other topics here, the BWS does not support a component selection. Even if you add them, only the BWS would recognize them as selected but it would not edit the BiG World Install.bat, which will do the installation later and which is the file that you will have to edit.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#100 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

1) If someone can provide the filesizes that are added to your disk, these info and drive-check can be included in one of our next updates.

I dunno if an exact size-check is needed :P (since mods are updated fairly often and all :D) unless you make it automated or something ... but still, there's probably no way you can predict how big a mod's gonna be once installed ...

I say put up a warning saying that you need 40 GB of free space :lol: ... I think :unsure: