Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v8.3

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#241 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:57 AM

If I did not misinterpret the last sentence: Why would you want that?

SKIPPING 14 [Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond)]?
If TDD is installed already, this step is skipped because this component already exists.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#242 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:41 AM

the Grandmastery fixes, I meant.
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#243 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:24 AM

the Grandmastery fixes, I meant.

Well, we live with the BWS 8.. not with the BWS 9+.x as then you could install everything component by component.

But the problem here is not that the other 50 level rules are incompatible with the TDD's 50 level rules, but that the TDD's need to be installed before as it's not separate component, and that it fracks the install if you install any of them before the TDD's... and you'll have to overwrite the wspatck.2da file anyway if you wish to take other system take priority... and the word 'incompatible', or at least the use of it.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#244 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

aVENGER mentioned over at G3 that the sharpshooter kit from S&S needed to be installed before RR .... but the guide has the kits being installed after the first steps of RR ... the sharpshooter kit does throw a bunch of errors and roll back if installed after RR. on my current install i have tried installing just that one kit before RR, but i have yet to test it ... also, i don't know if aVENGER's mod changes any properties of the kit once installed on top ... sorry if this was mentioned before, i didn't want to navigate through all the pages.

the G3 thread is here

Sorry, but if you check the BWP guide and for all the Install.bat, then you can see that we install all Song and Silence kits before Rogue Rebalancing.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#245 -stepnkev-

-stepnkev-

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

Regarding the Mod "Secret of Bonehill". I am beginning to feel extremely sorry I have even attempted this mod. I have run into time after time many different bugs. The worst seems to be the stupid Beholder whom every time I even remotely got close to killing this jerk, my game would crash. Finally I resorted to the cheat kill (had no choice). Now another bug reared it's ugly head. After finding the horn and killing the mage in the castle, I am unable to leave this stupid map and worst of all my dog Haiss is not following me out of the castle. I can see at the bottom of my screen Haiss meets some hobgoblins and dies by poison (meanwhile I am unable to find him). Looks like I'm going to have to cheat again just to get past this mod. Unless there is any other way around these nasty bugs, what is the code to send my characters to the town of Rastenford?

#246 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("BH0100")
:)

It's times like this when I wish there was a BWP Area List (like this BGII-ToB one here) but with all the megamod/small/big/imba/fun/joke/nasty mod areas out there :lol:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#247 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

It's times like this when I wish there was a BWP Area List ...

You mean that this doesn't exist... just because it's on German site, doesn't mean that it should be ignored. :D

#248 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

Holy ...!!! :o Astounded man!! sigged :coolthumb:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#249 Rakhu

Rakhu
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

Hi, I've restarted and reinstalled BG now for several times, because I wasn't happy with what some mods did. Unfortunately, what some mods really do is not always perfectly documented in a readme. And finding out about it only later in the game is a real pain in the ...

What I expected from using BWP was to add extended gameplay, like additional chars, additional maps, additional missions and maybe a few more items and spells.
What I did not expect was misplaced chars, missing/removed/crippled items, and a completely different armor system...

I know that there are those (and probably many) outside who want those mods too, for playing more tactical and whatever. Thus, it makes perfectly sense to include such "balancing" mods in an install.
However, is there any chance that we will see an install option that does not include any of these mods? Only those that add to the game content, without dramatically modifying the way you play BG?

I do by no means want to critizise BWP as such, it is a fantastic project and the work done so far is really cool, but imho such gameplay-changing mods should be either left out of recommended and standard, or shown on a separate screen for de/selection. Because for my part I'm too lazy and probably stupid to understand all changes and impacts those mods can have. I know the game, I don't want a completely new game, I just want the game as it is because it is already cool, with the added content to make it even more cool.

Hopefully I'm not alone with that opinion, though I can't help thinking of Xan if I read through it again ;)

#250 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

Only those that add to the game content, without dramatically modifying the way you play BG?

Once the component-selection-stuff in the BWS comes out, peeps will be able to save their preferred install orders and probably upload them for others to just import and use ;) (it's still possible, but it'd be broken when the next BWS comes out :P)

So, there's gonna be a lot more install orders than the Standard-Tactics-Expert stuff you see now :)

#251 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hi, I've restarted and reinstalled BG now for several times, because I wasn't happy with what some mods did. Unfortunately, what some mods really do is not always perfectly documented in a readme. And finding out about it only later in the game is a real pain in the ...

What I expected from using BWP was to add extended gameplay, like additional chars, additional maps, additional missions and maybe a few more items and spells.
What I did not expect was misplaced chars, missing/removed/crippled items, and a completely different armor system...

I know that there are those (and probably many) outside who want those mods too, for playing more tactical and whatever. Thus, it makes perfectly sense to include such "balancing" mods in an install.
However, is there any chance that we will see an install option that does not include any of these mods? Only those that add to the game content, without dramatically modifying the way you play BG?

I do by no means want to critizise BWP as such, it is a fantastic project and the work done so far is really cool, but imho such gameplay-changing mods should be either left out of recommended and standard, or shown on a separate screen for de/selection. Because for my part I'm too lazy and probably stupid to understand all changes and impacts those mods can have. I know the game, I don't want a completely new game, I just want the game as it is because it is already cool, with the added content to make it even more cool.

Hopefully I'm not alone with that opinion, though I can't help thinking of Xan if I read through it again ;)

I agree with this and have also done several installs. To get around problems with drastic mods, etc. you have to really study the BWP pdf, and then the readmes if you still have questions (yes its time consuming). Still, as you said, the readme may be small or incompete. For example, installed the Worgas mod (wildmage with a beholder familiar). Nowhere did it say he is in cage right at the start of game - there are lots of characters there already so it causes juggling party problems. Other readmes just say "Hi I'm bob thanks for getting my mod, enjoy" or something to that effect.

#252 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

The install finally worked! As Lol said, something gets messy in the files with repeated installs. Solved by starting setup again and restoring backup, then reinstall (a la Jarno's directions).

Couple of things:

1)Starting xp of PC in Chateau Irenicus was 44,500 (new BG2 game). What? Solved by shadowkeeper, but still don't remember a mod that changed xp like that.

2)Wild mage kit is messed up. Shows up as regular mage. Identical problem to this wild mage problem

Has happened before a long time ago, and at the time thought it was incompatablity with DO Quest pack modifing kits. This other post says it is BG2 Tweaks component "expanded dual class options".

Attached File  Weidu.log   56.38K   155 downloads

#253 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:32 AM

1)Starting xp of PC in Chateau Irenicus was 44,500 (new BG2 game). What? Solved by shadowkeeper, but still don't remember a mod that changed xp like that.

That sounds like this component might be doing bad things to it:

~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 50%

#254 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

The install finally worked! As Lol said, something gets messy in the files with repeated installs. Solved by starting setup again and restoring backup, then reinstall (a la Jarno's directions).

2)Wild mage kit is messed up. Shows up as regular mage. Identical problem to this wild mage problem

Please attach your kitlist.2da and kit.ids files. I think they got screwed up by something pretty early in installation. There is not a way to fix it in game but I could take a look as I had had the problem a couple years ago. Maybe my brain will work today and remember.

EDIT: Wildmage additions add their kit(s?) by script if you are a vanilla wildmage so it is not this mod.

Edited by Hoppy, 21 March 2010 - 11:38 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#255 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

Please attach your kitlist.2da and kit.ids files. I think they got screwed up by something pretty early in installation. There is not a way to fix it in game but I could take a look as I had had the problem a couple years ago. Maybe my brain will work today and remember.

EDIT: Wildmage additions add their kit(s?) by script if you are a vanilla wildmage so it is not this mod.

Thanks H, I remember it was you who also had the prob ( I had noticed it when I was trying Kiara/Zaiya mod).

There are 3 kitlist.2da (Tactics backup/refinements backup/and gen biff backup)
Attached File  genbiffKITLIST.rar   2.38K   132 downloads

Attached File  refinementsKITLIST.rar   1.65K   144 downloads

Attached File  tacticsKITLIST.rar   1.62K   143 downloads

There are 17 kit.ids files in various backup folders. Here are the first few in order of install.

Attached File  tdd KIT.rar   453bytes   154 downloads

Attached File  SOS KIT.rar   446bytes   141 downloads

Attached File  SOS override.KIT.rar   455bytes   150 downloads

Attached File  CTB KIT.rar   446bytes   144 downloads

Attached File  TS KIT.rar   453bytes   145 downloads

Attached File  script compiler KIT.rar   453bytes   151 downloads

Attached File  ROT0 KIT.rar   453bytes   138 downloads Rot backup folder 0

Attached File  ROT1 KIT.rar   453bytes   146 downloads Rot backup folder 1

Attached File  BP KIT.rar   683bytes   149 downloads

#256 Sylune

Sylune
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Hi, I love this project, it makes installing all the great mods so much easier! I wanted to ask if it was possible that Alternatives by Berlinde would be included in the next version?

Thanks again, Sylune

#257 -hoppy-

-hoppy-

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

At first I was thinking it was the case of WILDMAGE occupying two rows (i.e twice) but this is not the case so I don't know. A lot of people have had problems with Wildmages in a BWP project for a couple years now. It is one of those things where some may notive because they try Wildmages and others are oblivious to the error because they never bother with the kit. That's the underlying problem is that it was never resolved.

Good luck with that one. :)

#258 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

Ummm, would this wildmage problem have anything to do with (many of) these kinds of blocks in the BALDUR.bcs?? :unsure:
IF
	Kit(Player1,WILDMAGE)
	Class(Player1,MAGE)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ActionOverride(Player1,AddKit(BARBARIANtF))
END
If anyone wants, they're from Refinements...

Attaching my BALDUR.baf for someone to confirm :P (too big, so might a .rar do?? :P)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 21 March 2010 - 04:53 PM.

#259 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

Ummm, would this wildmage problem have anything to do with (many of) these kinds of blocks in the BALDUR.bcs?? :unsure:

IF
	Kit(Player1,WILDMAGE)
	Class(Player1,MAGE)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ActionOverride(Player1,AddKit(BARBARIANtF))
END
If anyone wants, they're from Refinements...

Attaching my BALDUR.baf for someone to confirm :P (too big, so might a .rar do?? :P)

Yes that would because it will give an entirely different kit. Wild and Barb are similar in bytes, but Refinements thinks your WILDMAGE slot is for the BArbarian and so will other scripts and dialogs.

Try Copying BARBARIAN form the line in KIT.IDS and pasting in Kit(Player1,WILDMAGE). Compile, save and reload the Baldur.BCS and see if your changes come up correctly.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#260 -Lawrence-

-Lawrence-

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

I'm currently playing through my first install of the BWP. I just finished the BG1 portion of the game, but the game crashes (not to desktop, just dies) after talking to Belt. He teleports me, it shows a tiny corner of a map (I assume this would be the Shadow Thieves kidnapping scene) and just dies. I tried several times, and even left it on the screen to see if it would wake up eventually, but no dice.

Any way to get the game back on track without starting a new BG2 game?

I know I can just start a new BG2 game and import my character, but I'd rather continue the current game (and see the Shadow Thieves scene), and have my NPC characters transition over as well (I dual classed Imoen after she reached level 9)

Also, I had a small bug in the Flaming Fist headquarters -- the stairs to go to the second level didn't work at all. Had to use the console to jump upstairs.

I also get the Nadalin bug where he doesn't do anything at all (making most of the Northen coast addition inaccessible), which has been documented elsewhere on this forum. Thing is I used the latest version of the BWP installer (did the install about two weeks ago), so it should be the latest version of everything where that bug doesn't exist anymore -- but it's there. I did update the installer, mod links, etc.