322 replies to this topic

#221 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

Doesn't this:

Well I'm not really fluent BWS-DOS-batch language or whatever, but it should be that first example rather than installing each component separately. It would seem to be the equivalent of installing the main component, hitting [Q]uit, then installing subsequent components. You can't do that - you have to install all the components you want in the same batch session, otherwise the variable values will get lost. Maybe there is something arcane we can do with ALWAYS but I think not in the case of ADD_PROJECTILE. (Possibly I *could* do something arcane with reading the correct project.ids values with REPLACE_EVALUATE or the like, but I'm a bit too lazy to do that when it can be resolved by installing correctly as per the readme :P.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#222 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

It should indeed... Maybe this particular install was done with the Beta GUI ? I've done so many installs over the past few days that I can't be sure. Anyway, I'm firing up another install now, I'll see you in a few hours to see if I can reproduce the problem :cheers:

#223 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

@Miloch

Used this in SR:

OUTER_SET dvstench = IDS_OF_SYMBOL (~projectl~ ~dvstench~) + 1
ACTION_IF (dvstench < 1) BEGIN
 ADD_PROJECTILE ~spell_rev\projectles\dvstench.pro~
END

Edited by Mike1072, 17 March 2010 - 09:02 PM.

#224 -maximus2001-

-maximus2001-

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

So I just made space and ran it again, then TOB hacks. Everything was ok, game started fine. But when making a character saw all the kits for Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Druid, and Bard were doubled.

example:

Fighter
Mole whacker
Cow slayer
Squirrel killer
Mole whacker
Cow slayer
Squirrel killer

I don't want to know where these come from but you will have to edit your 2da files that look something like K_H_F. The K is for kit; the H is for human and will be different for the races; the F is for Fighter and will be different for the classes.

Your KITLIST.2da hopefully won't have double entries as well as your KIT.IDS. The row numbers in your KITLIST correspond to the numbers in the K_x_x 2DA files. So if Mole whacker is in row 94 in the kitlist.2da, then you probably have two entries in the K_x_x fiel. Remove one.

The Hopster!

Hey man, I double checked and in my eagerness to install ROT kits I had added component #1 to the install.bat file. I didn't know that the program would ask me to add TDD or ROT kits right before the install. So I said yes to ROT kits and ended up with two sets. Perhaps that's why Tactics anti-paladin fell off the list.

Also the kits mentioned cowslayer etc. was just a joke... :lol:

Hey LOL,

Yeah I have refinements, so I kept it to just ROT kits and Tactics AP. If I could figure out how to use Ascensions nifty new TOB thing with scrollable kit screen I would add TDD kits too. Since refinements doubles them (and it will ctd over 255 kits) I skipped that for now. Tell me how that goes if you experiment with it. Maybe BWP will add that soon.

I'm trying install again, but noticed Oversights Improved Sendai was not installed (pretty sure I didn't touch that). I have this in the bat file.

rem %IFS%1pp%IFNIF%item_rev%S%1pp%L%0%SK% 2 7 8 9 --logapp | %M%

rem %IFNLS%item_rev%S%item_rev%L%0%SK% 0 1 | %M%

%IFXES%Oversight%S%Oversight%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%
%IFXGS%Oversight%S%Oversight%L%4%SK% 0 | %M%
%IFXHS%Oversight%S%Oversight%L%2%SK% 0 | %M%

Does it normally take around 20 hours for other people doing a tactics install? Thankfully with Dabus creation I don't have to sit and watch it install. Thanks Dabus, I appreciate your work. It must have taken days or weeks of effort. It took a couple of days just to check all the components and mods I wanted. Having to install them again manually would be painful. Cheers for the install.bat! :Bow:

#225 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

Does it normally take around 20 hours for other people doing a tactics install?

The latest SCS(I/II) updates seem to take much longer to install (haven't tried it myself yet though :P ... but I reckon it's something to do with the millions of mages being added by other mods :unsure:)

About the ToBEx, I've never tried it with refinements (but going by these posts, you'd think it was best that refinements fubared :lol:)

:crying:

EDIT: Btw, is the install still going on or something?? :P You haven't posted a WeiDU.log (and looks like your compressed BiG World Debug.txt would help too :) ... I repeat, please compress it :P ... can't you login?? :unsure:)

Edited by Lollorian, 17 March 2010 - 09:22 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#226 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

Does it normally take around 20 hours for other people doing a tactics install?

The latest SCS(I/II) updates seem to take much longer to install (haven't tried it myself yet though :P ... but I reckon it's something to do with the millions of mages being added by other mods :unsure:)

About the ToBEx, I've never tried it with refinements (but going by these posts, you'd think it was best that refinements fubared :lol:)

:crying:

EDIT: Btw, is the install still going on or something?? :P You haven't posted a WeiDU.log (and looks like your compressed BiG World Debug.txt would help too :) ... I repeat, please compress it :P ... can't you login?? :unsure:)

I was about to start it tonight but got a TDD update from hoppy. Will try to install it too.

weidu logAttached File  WeiDU.log   54.14K   181 downloads

debugAttached File  BiG World Debug.rar   311.5K   216 downloads

and my modified install.batAttached File  BiG World Install.rar   38.2K   135 downloads

The weidu and debug are from the second install.

The install.bat is what I'd like to use this time.

#227 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

I was about to start it tonight but got a TDD update from hoppy. Will try to install it too.

Let me know how it goes with the BWS and I hear it has some nice fixes some peeps did. :lol: TDD has an Anti-Paladin kit that I like but I am not sure how it differs from Tactics if at all. With the ToBex you will also have the option of the missing kit Dark Knight as well for an evil Paladin which previously was unselectable or still is without the hack.

Yeah, if you are going with Refinements then I would just use TDD or RoT kits as you will have too many rows. I can get some to work after row 255 but it is hit and miss with no rhyme or reason.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#228 ancalimon

ancalimon
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:07 AM

Copying [Setup-Zalnoya.exe] -> [setup-allison.exe]: false
[Setup-Zalnoya.exe] WeiDU version 21300
Auto-Updating on behalf of [Setup-allison.exe]
Copying [Setup-Zalnoya.exe] -> [Setup-allison.exe]:
Auto-Updating on behalf of [Setup-allison.exe] (done)
[Setup-allison.exe] WeiDU version 21000
{setup-1pp.exe} Queried (pid = 328)[WeiDU-Backup] WeiDU version 21300
[./CHITIN.KEY] 332 BIFFs, 69924 resources
[./dialog.tlk] 250951 string entries
[WeiDU-Backup] Using scripting style "BG2"

I got this error again when making a standard installation, although I edited the Big World Fixpack.bat as suggested. It turns out Setup-Allison.exe is still running on the background although I closed its dos windows during the manual extraction and a new Weidu.exe cannot be overwritten. Installation was frozen, I tried ctrl-c and it asked whether to break it I said no and it started continuing but giving me the
Copying [Setup-Zalnoya.exe] -> [setup-allison.exe]: false
a couple times. I tried deleting the file setup-allison.exe a couple of times and and succeeded and quickly copied and renamed another Weidu.exe which was the latest version. Installation is finished now.

Edited by ancalimon, 18 March 2010 - 08:20 AM.

#229 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:59 AM

Well I'm not really fluent BWS-DOS-batch language or whatever, but it should be that first example rather than installing each component separately.

Yep, installing Hammers failed again on an install with Beta BWS, so I guess it is doing things differently than the current BAT in this case, I'll notify dabus on the beta thread.

#230 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

That is stupid. Sorry, have no other words. I do not want to offend anyone. It's just breaking the whole logic I set up for the beta.
Look if something is not installed > look if it has unsolved dependencies > install > look if is ok.
I mean, it's exactly the opposite way you wanted it to be than with InfinityAnimations and others.
And I'd really not feel like adding any "block-methods" for a mere mod if it's just for some thrown hammers.

So I'd end up running the setup in blindfold "cmd-mode" like the batch does it now and skip the test during runtime and hope the tests after the selection, downloads and extractions are good enough.

Edited by dabus, 18 March 2010 - 01:49 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#231 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

Still no joy. I tried the install.bat from above post (minus the #1 component for Rot kits). Left it on overnight, and it was still on creature offset checker 8 hrs later. Tried again today same thing. Its freezing up at that spot.

Maybe its looking for stuff that is fixed already and gets stuck?

Also should I delete any of the files like debugs before I try again?

debug-
Attached File  BiG World Debug.txt   31.97K   238 downloads

Thanks

#232 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

debug-

.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\TRIGGER.IDS
23 file(s) copied.

Leonardo's BiG World Fixpack v8.1
---------------------------------
processing fixes for "planarspheremod"
renaming files ...

:rolleyes: Is that just un-up-to-date version mark(by the BW team), or are you really trying to use an old and out of date update that might be the cause the whole problem...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#233 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

Left it on overnight, and it was still on creature offset checker 8 hrs later.

That must royally suck :( I did get a slowdown with the offset checker once, but I found it out within an hour and turned off my antivir :) Dunno if that's the problem here though ...

PS: It's always better to start new (delete all the mod folders) before restarting the installer (repeated patches can sometimes lead to dupe blocks and stuff = script/stutter problems :()

Always keep a vanilla BGII-SoA folder back-upped :P (for easy-copy-paste-action!!!)

Edited by Lollorian, 18 March 2010 - 10:32 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#234 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

Always keep a vanilla BGII-SoA folder back-upped :P (for easy-copy-paste-action!!!)

Didn't you just recently say to use a .rar backup was the best(answer #3.3...), as it extracts faster than the computer can copy-past... ^_^

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 18 March 2010 - 10:46 PM.

#235 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

I know :P Copy-paste is just easier to type than all that stuff :lol: (ofcourse I could've also linked to that thread :doh:)

... oh wait ... I have it in my sig too :P

- Lazy lol

#236 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:31 PM

debug-

23 file(s) copied.

renaming files ...

:rolleyes: Is that just un-up-to-date version mark(by the BW team), or are you really trying to use an old and out of date update that might be the cause the whole problem...

Nope, I didn't touch anything Jarno. Perhaps its the BW team...

By the way your guide (from the link) is very good, clear and easily understood. I took your advice and Lol's to run BW setup again and start from beginning.

Also the guide says not to install grandmastery fix from mix mod and baldurdash because of conflicts with TDD. Is there a fix to use that is compatible? I have skipped a bunch of mods like Spell Revisions, Item Revisions, Full Plate, Mix Mod, etc. but this is one component I'd like.

#237 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

debug-

23 file(s) copied.

renaming files ...

Nope, I didn't touch anything Jarno. Perhaps its the BW team...

By the way your guide (from the link) is very good, clear and easily understood. I took your advice and Lol's to run BW setup again and start from beginning.

Also the guide says not to install grandmastery fix from mix mod and baldurdash because of conflicts with TDD. Is there a fix to use that is compatible? I have skipped a bunch of mods like Spell Revisions, Item Revisions, Full Plate, Mix Mod, etc. but this is one component I'd like.

Those grandmastery fixes won't work for level 50 ruleset. What is wrong with Bg2Tweak components?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#238 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

The pdf guide said do not install BG2 tweak version (not compatable with tdd rule 50), but that the mixmod (don't have it) does it better (again it says not compatable with tdd rule 50).

Edited by maximus2001, 19 March 2010 - 08:11 PM.

#239 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

The pdf guide said do not install BG2 tweak version (not compatable with tdd rule 50), but that the mixmod (don't have it) does it better (again it says not compatable with tdd rule 50).

Well, the compatibility issue comes from the way the installation is done, as one of the overwrites which in this case is good, as few of them patch the file... what's wrong with the patching is that it can assume the file is in the original state and it's not if it's overwritten already. :doh: (as the patching 'can only' add certain amount of info if it assumes fact like the line length, and if that line is longer, the patching can be done... so the way they are installed is actually important)
The way it could be coded is to cross patch/overwrite the files so the files become what they should(and it'ill overwrite if must), but as there are at least 5 different 50 level rule systems...

#240 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:29 AM

correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you're saying one of these is compatible (or could be made to be compatible) with TDD?
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING