Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v8.3

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#181 ancalimon

ancalimon
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

First thanks for this great gem. I have been looking forward to play and finish Baldurs Gate for a long time and found this great mega modification a year ago. Couldn't make it work back than. I downloaded the BiG_World_Setup.exe version 8.3 from THIS LINK.

Installed Baldurs Gate 1, its expansion, Baldurs Gate 2, its expansion and the updates. Started BG1 and BG2 once and quick saved then removed the CD.

When I run Big World Setup, it gives me the recommended, standard, tactical and expert options. I started with recommended and when everything is downloaded it starts extraction and tells me to extract some files by myself. I think I read somewhere that I should not run those files after extraction as the Vig World Setup would take care of them. I extract them to their default directory. (ie: F:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Downloads\GharethNPC) but don't run them, although some exe files run by themselves and install and some of them give me errors).

In the end a dos window appears and asks me which version to install and I'm given standard, tactical and expert options but no recommended option (as I choose the recommended option I'm stuck here)

I started from scratch and this time choose the standard version but some error when installation comes up again. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I will start from scrath and note every action I take every response I get and report here so you can help me install everything properly

By the way the file kivan-v8.1.exe has the false report of 'TR/Orsam.A.2433 [trojan]' in it could you remove the file or inform the author to use a different packer on the next version.

#182 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

Well, you could give us some more info then "I got errors."
Check the BiG World Setup\Logs-directory for your logs and search for the exact errors to post them.

If the errors occur during the install of the mods when you extract them: You should not install them, just extract. No weidu-installation should be made by you. That's all going to be made by the batch.
Also extract the mod to the BG2-directory. Don't use subdirectories. The executable has to be in the BG2-path.

And recommended is a crippled standard-install (it has less mods, no other differences).
So just use standard when the batch asks you what you want to install.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#183 ancalimon

ancalimon
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

Well, you could give us some more info then "I got errors."
Check the BiG World Setup\Logs-directory for your logs and search for the exact errors to post them.

If the errors occur during the install of the mods when you extract them: You should not install them, just extract. No weidu-installation should be made by you. That's all going to be made by the batch.
Also extract the mod to the BG2-directory. Don't use subdirectories. The executable has to be in the BG2-path.

And recommended is a crippled standard-install (it has less mods, no other differences).
So just use standard when the batch asks you what you want to install.

I didn't pay attention to the warning and after the extraction of the mods that couldn't be extracted by BWS, I didn't close the cmd windows and they installed. Also thanks for reminding me about not using subdirectories, as I was just making another attempt at installing. I think this time everything will work.

BTW: Although I disable my net connection, I get hundreds of Firefox windows with logitech web cam update site when the mods are being extracted. (they don't load but I have to wait some minutes before I can close them all)

#184 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hmmm, funny. Fastshare.org should be loaded automatically.
At least that's the only site with advertisement that is used (as I recall).

And, errm, don't paying attention might be bad when you confirm something and you might get help quicker if you do.

#185 ancalimon

ancalimon
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

[Setup-1pp_avatars.exe] version 21300
[setup-1pp.exe] version 21300
[setup-allison.exe] version 21000
Copying [Setup-Zalnoya.exe] -> [setup-allison.exe]: false
[Setup-Zalnoya.exe] WeiDU version 21300
Auto-Updating on behalf of [Setup-allison.exe]
Copying [Setup-Zalnoya.exe] -> [Setup-allison.exe]:
Auto-Updating on behalf of [Setup-allison.exe] (done)
[Setup-allison.exe] WeiDU version 21000
{setup-1pp.exe} Queried (pid = 328)[WeiDU-Backup] WeiDU version 21300
[./CHITIN.KEY] 332 BIFFs, 69924 resources
[./dialog.tlk] 250951 string entries
[WeiDU-Backup] Using scripting style "BG2"

My last install attempt was stuck at this part.

#186 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

As you can see, the WeiDU.exe auto-update fails. The most secure way to fix this is to restart the BiG World Setup.vbs and redo the whole setup from the backup until it starts the BiG World Install.bat and (re-)asks you the language and then it checks the extracted mods(all this is in the black cmd.exe box)... at where you can exit the installer, then you just run one of the setup-*modname*.exe's wait until it should update all them(like above) and if it fails, you can just remove the file and copy one of the other setup-*modname*.exe's an rename it as the one you just deleted. The only thing you have to remember is to not install any components, by pushing the Q (after the possible language selection).

After that's done and you get no errors in the update check, you can start the BiG World Install.bat and give it the language etc. and get the install on it's way...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#187 -maximus2001-

-maximus2001-

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hi everyone,

After spending Friday, Saturday, and Sunday painstakingly studying the BWP pdf and figuring out the BWS and modifying the Bat.ini I started the installation last night at 830 pm. Had picked a tactics install plus some mods from expert. Now since I have an old computer it takes a while. At noon today I double check to see how its doing. After DO xp fixer, it starts the 1pp mod, a few minutes later I see it is uninstalling EVERYTHING. It had a heart attack or something right after installing flaming swords. Saying I'm vexed would be an understatement...

I thought maybe there was a mistake and had put flaming swords in the beginning, but no. Now its reinstalling everything but it will probably choke again. What happened? Here is part of the debug.

Installing [One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords mod item patches (6)]

Patching...
Copying and patching 1 file ...

Removing old installation of [One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, half-orc, elven, halfling, dwarves) (7)] first ...
Will uninstall 2 files for [1PP.TP2] component 5.
Uninstalled 2 files for [1PP.TP2] component 5.
Will uninstall 6 files for [1PP.TP2] component 4.
Uninstalled 6 files for [1PP.TP2] component 4.
Will uninstall 54 files for [1PP.TP2] component 3.
Uninstalled 54 files for [1PP.TP2] component 3.
Will uninstall 52 files for [1PP.TP2] component 2.
Uninstalled 52 files for [1PP.TP2] component 2.
Will uninstall 2 files for [1PP.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled 2 files for [1PP.TP2] component 1.
Will uninstall 834 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 12.
Uninstalled 834 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 12.
Will uninstall 14 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 6.
Uninstalled 14 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 6.
Will uninstall 9700 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled 9700 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 1.

and it goes on and on.

I don't get it. In the beginning of the install the only 1pp stuff was - from weidu log.

~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #7 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen: BG2Fixpack adaption
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #6 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, half-orc, elven, halfling, dwarves) (7): v2.7
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.12: v1.12 BWP Fix

Do you need the whole debug file? Its 15 megs.
Shutting off the cmd window now. How can I avoid this on a reinstall? Thanks.

#188 -maximus2001-

-maximus2001-

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hi everyone,

After spending Friday, Saturday, and Sunday painstakingly studying the BWP pdf and figuring out the BWS and modifying the Bat.ini I started the installation last night at 830 pm. Had picked a tactics install plus some mods from expert. Now since I have an old computer it takes a while. At noon today I double check to see how its doing. After DO xp fixer, it starts the 1pp mod, a few minutes later I see it is uninstalling EVERYTHING. It had a heart attack or something right after installing flaming swords. Saying I'm vexed would be an understatement...

I thought maybe there was a mistake and had put flaming swords in the beginning, but no. Now its reinstalling everything but it will probably choke again. What happened? Here is part of the debug.

Installing [One Pixel Productions: v3 Flame Short Swords mod item patches (6)]

Patching...

Removing old installation of [One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, half-orc, elven, halfling, dwarves) (7)] first ...
Will uninstall 2 files for [1PP.TP2] component 5.
Uninstalled 2 files for [1PP.TP2] component 5.
Will uninstall 6 files for [1PP.TP2] component 4.
Uninstalled 6 files for [1PP.TP2] component 4.
Will uninstall 54 files for [1PP.TP2] component 3.
Uninstalled 54 files for [1PP.TP2] component 3.
Will uninstall 52 files for [1PP.TP2] component 2.
Uninstalled 52 files for [1PP.TP2] component 2.
Will uninstall 2 files for [1PP.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled 2 files for [1PP.TP2] component 1.
Will uninstall 834 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 12.
Uninstalled 834 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 12.
Will uninstall 14 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 6.
Uninstalled 14 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 6.
Will uninstall 9700 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled 9700 files for [SETUP-XPMOD.TP2] component 1.

and it goes on and on.

I don't get it. In the beginning of the install the only 1pp stuff was - from weidu log.

~SETUP-BDTOBV168.TP2~ #0 #7 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen: BG2Fixpack adaption
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // One Pixel Productions: v2 Everything but Potions (1): v2.7
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #6 // One Pixel Productions: v3 Paperdolls (human, half-orc, elven, halfling, dwarves) (7): v2.7
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.12: v1.12 BWP Fix

Do you need the whole debug file? Its 15 megs.
Shutting off the cmd window now. How can I avoid this on a reinstall? Thanks.

Ok I see in the install.bat there is -

rem %IFN2% %IFS%BP-Balancer%S%BP-Balancer%L%0%SK% 3 8 13 16 18 21 24 27 30 | %M%

:: %IFTS%enemyupgrade%S%enemyupgrade%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%

%IFS%1pp%S%1pp%L%0%SK% 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 --logapp | %M%

%IFS%1pp_avatars%S%1pp_avatars%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | %M%

%IFS%1pp_female_dwarves%S%1pp_female_dwarves%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%

The 1pp stuff, number 6 is what was installed in the beginning. I didn't touch this in the install.bat, it shows up twice (in beginning and end). So should I just remove the 6 on both lines above ( from the end of install) , and restart with a fresh install (swapping with backups of clean bg2) and restart install.bat?

#189 ancalimon

ancalimon
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

I'm trying the standard installation and still can't make it work. I have a question. I get this after the extraction of the downloaded files:

F:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>The extraction of the following mod(s) failed:
RPG Dungeon Item Pack (RItemPack) v2: The Mod itself (RItemPackV2.exe)
Selune's Armoury v2: The Mod itself (SeluneArmoury-V2.rar)
Ghareth One-Day NPC v0.91: The Mod itself (GharethNPC.zip)
Wikaede Revisited (NPC) v4.1: The Mod itself (WikaedeRv4-1.rar)
Cloakwood Squares: Games 1 and 2 v3: The Mod itself (Cloakwood3.zip)
Banter Packs v11: The Mod itself (BanterPacksV11.zip)
Goo the Disembodied Floating Eyeball (NPC) v5: The Mod itself (Goo_v5.zip)
Moongaze's Kari (NPC) v1: The Mod itself (MoongazesKari-v1.rar)
Ding0's Quest Pack v2.3: The Mod itself (D0QuestPack_v23.exe)
Solaufein Flirt Pack v4.0: The Mod itself (SolaufeinFlirtPackV1.exe)
Kelsey NPC (ToB) v2.2: The Mod itself (KelseyTOBV22.zip)
Getting Rid of Anomen (GRoA) v2: The Mod itself (GRoA_v2.zip)
Keto NPC (SoA) v3: The Mod itself (Keto-SOAv3.zip)
NPC Flirt Packs v1.02: The Mod itself (NPCFlirtV102.zip)
MTS Crappack v3: The Mod itself (MTSCrappack_v3.zip)
Ding0's Tweak Pack v20: The Mod itself (D0Tweak_v20.exe)

Some files were not extracted.
Do you want to open the files in your default-packager to try it yourself?
(Look at the notes in the help-text on the right side.)

After RPG Dungeon Item Pack is extracted a DOS window appears and it tells about something being copied than asks me whether to install the mod. My question is: should I close this dos window as soon as it gets opened or should I wait for it to ask me whether it should install the mod or not, and then close it?

Second question: Selune's Armoury v2, Wikaede Revisited (NPC) v4.1, and Moongaze's Kari (NPC) v1 are not downloaded. When I close the DOS windows created by RPG Dungeon Item Pack (RItemPack) v2 BWS asks me if I want to extract the (n)ext mod. When I reply yes, nothing happens as the next mod which is Selune's Armoury v2 is not present. I type n and Ghareth One-Day NPC v0.91 extracts.

Would it be a problem? or should I remove these three mods by ticking that option that lets me choose which mods to install?

Third question: Ghareth One-Day NPC v0.91 has got a readme in it which is already extracted to my F:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA directory but the other file which is GharethNPC.exe is not extracted should I simply extract this file to F:\Games\Black Isle\BGII - SoA directory? or should I run the exe?

Edited by ancalimon, 15 March 2010 - 10:28 AM.

#190 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

@maximus2001
You are sure?
My plain batch looks like this:

%IFS%1pp%S%1pp%L%0%SK% 0 6 | %M%
%IFS%1pp%S%1pp%L%0%SK% 1 3 4 5 10 11 12 --logapp | %M%

@ancalimon

There are also some black console-windows (DOS-windows) that should be closed automatically.
If you encounter DOS-windows that aren't closed, please do it manually.

Take a guess. The stuff that is not downloaded is not available any more. It's kept in there since people may have and want to install the files.

Just extract every other mod and skip those 3.

Edited by dabus, 15 March 2010 - 10:32 AM.

#191 -maximus2001-

-maximus2001-

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

[quote name='dabus' date='15 March 2010 - 10:27 AM' timestamp='1268677647' post='481870']
@maximus2001
You are sure?
My plain batch looks like this:

%IFS%1pp%S%1pp%L%0%SK% 0 6 | %M%
%IFS%1pp%S%1pp%L%0%SK% 1 3 4 5 10 11 12 --logapp | %M%

Hi dabus,

Yeah I just double checked. I have the same first line above as you, but the second has the numbers 6-9.

:: %IFTS%enemyupgrade%S%enemyupgrade%L%0%SK% 0 | %M%

%IFS%1pp%S%1pp%L%0%SK% 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 --logapp | %M%

%IFS%1pp_avatars%S%1pp_avatars%L%0%SK% 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 | %M%

I started the BWS with expert, then deleted stuff by adding rem. Took a looonnnggg time, because I didn't want to make a mistake, double checking components, etc.

#192 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

Well, downloaded and checked... still the same.
Also, trust me that we would have our butts kicked long before since 1pp is a standard-mod that is included in nearly every installation.

#193 -maimus2001-

-maimus2001-

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

Ok, thanks. I'll check everything again and get back to you tonight. Just delete the components 6-9 and try again right?

#194 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Ok, thanks. I'll check everything again and get back to you tonight. Just delete the components 6-9 and try again right?

2 6 7 8 9 , delete them all, or you'll have the nice roll around again.

#195 ancalimon

ancalimon
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

As you can see, the WeiDU.exe auto-update fails. The most secure way to fix this is to restart the BiG World Setup.vbs and redo the whole setup from the backup until it starts the BiG World Install.bat and (re-)asks you the language and then it checks the extracted mods(all this is in the black cmd.exe box)... at where you can exit the installer, then you just run one of the setup-*modname*.exe's wait until it should update all them(like above) and if it fails, you can just remove the file and copy one of the other setup-*modname*.exe's an rename it as the one you just deleted. The only thing you have to remember is to not install any components, by pushing the Q (after the possible language selection).

After that's done and you get no errors in the update check, you can start the BiG World Install.bat and give it the language etc. and get the install on it's way...

I'm afraid I'm little bit lost. You could say that I'm clueless. It happened again from a fresh install. The only mods I don't select are the three mods that are no longer present on the net.all the other mods I have on my harddrive. I choose restore and everything is back to a fresh install I think.

I'll write everything I do step by step here later. Hopefully someone will help me figure this out :)

#196 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:10 PM

Well, normally you will encounter this problem when the crefixer is run by the Fixpack. If t comes to this, close the batch-window, replace the file that hangs (the last one) and start the BiG World Install.bat again. You don't have any mods installed until then end the patching-process can handle another run.

#197 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

I'm afraid I'm little bit lost. You could say that I'm clueless.

Well, I dare say that you would be because you do not know that the setup-*modname*.exe's are all the WeiDU.exe renamed as the setup-*modname*.exe so it can take orders(command lines) from a file called setup-*modname*.tp2 ... see if you would read the bare minimum of all the threads posted in here... you would know what's up, but people usually don't, notice that they are all pinned topics!

#198 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:54 AM

As an addition to my previous post, might I also recommend adding components 0 and 1 of tb#quest to the Fun-mods?? ^_^ (they're MProlla's components :P)

Also, consider the G3Anniversary too because of fourth wall breakage stuffz :D

Edited by Lollorian, 16 March 2010 - 04:55 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#199 ancalimon

ancalimon
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:29 AM

@Jarno Mikkola:

I disabled UAC and PCA. I installed the patches and started and saved the game once for BG1, BG2 and TOB. I thought when I select the Standard or Recommended installation, all I would do is to follow the directions and installation would be complete. I don't know how knowing about Weidu.exe's help me to finish an installation. :) 8) The only mods I don't have are:

Selune's Armoury v2: The Mod itself (SeluneArmoury-V2.rar)
Wikaede Revisited (NPC) v4.1: The Mod itself (WikaedeRv4-1.rar)
Moongaze's Kari (NPC) v1: The Mod itself (MoongazesKari-v1.rar)

and I deselected them. Apart from those, all other mods are default ones of the Standard installation.

Edited by ancalimon, 16 March 2010 - 07:06 AM.

#200 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:30 AM

I don't know how knowing about Weidu.exe's help me to finish an installation.

Because it's the name of the program all the mods are installed with and it comes with all of mods in the BWP... as the WeiDU.exe can actually open one of the games file(dialog.tlk, among other things that make it the best installer tool there is), and attach new info on it(strings), which then show up in the game...

The BiG World Install.bat actually starts the setup-*modname*.exe's that are all the WeiDU.exe's just renamed which then edit the game files...