5 replies to this topic

#1 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

Hi guys,
I just want to draw your attention to this:
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=43609

The Ritual Scroll doesn't work when you use it on the Imprisoned One.

It seems to be an issue with Yovaneth's scripts, and I did indeed talk to him in his forum, but it might need to be looked at in the context of the greater BWP system. His advice of "just uninstall and use these scripts instead" doesn't really work in the megamod setup.

Thoughts?

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

Something doesn't make sense. Why would player AI scripts alter a spell? Furthermore, the script would be in the area so if you cast the spell, the script block fires and whatever is supposed to happen happens.

Can you copy the area script and past into a post? Just like old times :lol:

It is definitely int eh area script as this block does not fire:

IF
	Global("TalkedTozGorDemo","GLOBAL",1)
	SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],ODREN_RITUAL_SCROLL)
	Global("OdrenRitualDone","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		AddXP2DA("PLOT01F")
		TakePartyItem("PLOT01A") // Ritual Scroll
		SetGlobal("OdrenRitualDone","GLOBAL",1)
		TriggerActivation("Tran3019",FALSE)
		TriggerActivation("Tran3000",FALSE)
		AmbientActivate("AMB_Portal1",FALSE)
		AmbientActivate("AMB_Portal2",FALSE)
		SoundActivate("PortalL",FALSE)
		SoundActivate("PortalR",FALSE)
END

It doesn't work either if I change to SpellCastRES("SPIN593".....) which is the resource for the Odren scroll. Even if something changed SPIN593 in the spell.ids or just overwrote, it still registers but you would get the overridden effect. I don't see the latter being the issue...try adding some Continue() actions at the end of some blocks, not all and test.

EDIT: Nevermind the code crap. I have found good info here that I forgot:

http://forums.gibber...s...ost&p=53560

Change SPIN593.SPL to level 5 and it will work perfectly. Restoring one from an original vanilla game will work as well. Usually that is what I check first when I have spell oddities is test a vanilla one.

Now to what changed it:

Mods affecting SPIN593.SPL:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)

Hope it was changed in the new version :D :lol:

Cheers

Edited by Hoppy, 29 December 2009 - 08:07 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

Something doesn't make sense. Why would player AI scripts alter a spell? Furthermore, the script would be in the area so if you cast the spell, the script block fires and whatever is supposed to happen happens.

Can you copy the area script and past into a post? Just like old times :lol:

It is definitely int eh area script as this block does not fire:

IF
	Global("TalkedTozGorDemo","GLOBAL",1)
	SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],ODREN_RITUAL_SCROLL)
	Global("OdrenRitualDone","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		AddXP2DA("PLOT01F")
		TakePartyItem("PLOT01A") // Ritual Scroll
		SetGlobal("OdrenRitualDone","GLOBAL",1)
		TriggerActivation("Tran3019",FALSE)
		TriggerActivation("Tran3000",FALSE)
		AmbientActivate("AMB_Portal1",FALSE)
		AmbientActivate("AMB_Portal2",FALSE)
		SoundActivate("PortalL",FALSE)
		SoundActivate("PortalR",FALSE)
END

It doesn't work either if I change to SpellCastRES("SPIN593".....) which is the resource for the Odren scroll. Even if something changed SPIN593 in the spell.ids or just overwrote, it still registers but you would get the overridden effect. I don't see the latter being the issue...try adding some Continue() actions at the end of some blocks, not all and test.

EDIT: Nevermind the code crap. I have found good info here that I forgot:

http://forums.gibber...s...ost&p=53560

Change SPIN593.SPL to level 5 and it will work perfectly. Restoring one from an original vanilla game will work as well. Usually that is what I check first when I have spell oddities is test a vanilla one.

Now to what changed it:

Mods affecting SPIN593.SPL:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ 0 0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)

Hope it was changed in the new version :D :lol:

Cheers

On the job as always dude! Well done!

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:05 PM

I think I am two for two by my count :ph34r:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Vandervecken

Vandervecken
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

Ayup.
I'm dropping off SPellhold for a while. I played through, and I have too much other shit to do to restart. Found a lot of bugs, and I'm sure BWP 8 is even better, but not for another few years.
I fucked up Sarevok and Irenicus in ToB so I will be replaying that at some point, but not for a bit.

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

Ayup.
I'm dropping off SPellhold for a while. I played through, and I have too much other shit to do to restart. Found a lot of bugs, and I'm sure BWP 8 is even better, but not for another few years.
I fucked up Sarevok and Irenicus in ToB so I will be replaying that at some point, but not for a bit.

I hear ya :new_thumbs: Most of these bugs in an approved BWP install (standard) are minor but they are a pain in the ass when you get to it and you have to reload every time, find a fix or do the fix oneself. It's time consuming beyond the point of playing the game.

You probably have a pretty solid game to go back to when you feel like it. Probably just some minor bugs again but we all have those :lol:

- King Diamond