Changing biffing for megamod

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#141 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for that mate :cheers: So, putting in wildcards, this should probably work :) I tested this out with just BPv179 and TS-BP extracted and ...

Before: 150.2 MB
After 75.4 MB :woot:

I've not yet checked the .tp2's for how they copy the bam's :P So ... Checked the .tp2's and it looks like only Sheena copies her bam's individually :) Attached the .bat and the modified Sheena.tp2 :P

SET FOLDER=BoneHill\bams BPv179\BAM CtB\cbcrean1 CtB\cbcrean2 CtB\cbcrean4 CtB\Compat\anim\MTIC CtB\Compat\anim\MZO2 DrizztSaga\Anim\MCYC DrizztSaga\Anim\MNO2 DrizztSaga\Anim\MTAN DrizztSaga\Anim\MTIC DrizztSaga\Anim\MUMB Ghost\bam NeJ\bam NeJ2v602\ts_fix planarspheremod\bam RoTerror\anim\Abishai RoTerror\anim\Belhifet RoTerror\anim\Cyclop RoTerror\anim\FrostG RoTerror\anim\Merilith RoTerror\anim\Samurai RoTerror\anim\Virgin RoTerror\anim\Yeti Sheena\Bam SOS\Anim\MBRH SOS\Compat\anim\MLIC TDD\Compat\anim\MCYC TDD\Compat\anim\MNO2 TDD\Compat\anim\MTAN TS\anim\bam TS\Compat\anim TS\Compat\TS\bam
SET SLOT=MBAS MBBM MBET MBFI MBRH MCOR MCYC MDOC METN MGH2 MGH3 MGHO MGIC MGLA MGO1 MGO2 MGO3 MGO4 MHIS MKUR MLER MLI2 MLI3 MLIC MLIZ MMAX MMIN MMUM MMY2 MMYC MN01 MNO1 MNO2 MNO3 MOR1 MOR2 MOR3 MOR4 MOR5 MSA2 MSAL MSH1 MSH2 MSHR MSKA MSKB MSKT MSPL MTAN MTAS MTIC MTRO MTSN MUM2 MUMB MWAV MWI2 MWI3 MWIG MWWE MYU1 MYU2 MYU3 MZO2 MZO3 NELL

FOR %%x in (%FOLDER%) DO (
	if exist "%%x" (
		FOR %%y in (%SLOT%) DO (
			if exist "%%x\%%y*.bam" del "%%x\%%y*.bam"
			if exist "%%x\%%y*.wav" del "%%x\%%y*.wav"
		)
	)
)
Btw ... I'm not sure whether I should delete the wav's too though :unsure:

Ok, if I understand what IA does now, the specifics are thus:

1) Megamods play with each other's bam's (and the vanilla ones)
2) IA arrives (like a knight ... with shiny armor :devil:) and restores original BGII anims back
3) IA proceeds to patch BGMain.exe to use new slots other than the BGII ones and copies all the megamod anims again (with new names according to their new slots)

So ... now, with this .bat, we have:

1) .bat deletes all megamod bam's before installing (cause IA has them too)
2) Megamods try to play with each other's bam's ... but can't :devil:
3) IA arrives (shiny) and restores original anims (even though it doesn't need to ... :unsure:)
4) IA proceeds to patch yada yada yada ... stuff

So ... if the megamods are installed, whether or not their bam's are copied, IA still restores the original bam's back (possible waste of space here?? :unsure:)

Anyway, I found stuff IA might be interested in :) There are some more mods that overwrite anims (atleast those of the M*.bam type :P) .. The links link to the mods themselves btw :)

Celestiales (not PnP Celestials) - MASGG, MSOGG (new deva/planetar anims without glow)
ding0's Tweakpack - MTASG (tasloi?? :unsure:)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 28 February 2010 - 07:12 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#142 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

Ok, I'm trying to run another install now :P And got everything extracted before install, ran the .bat and this is what I got (nothing in the BGII-SoA folder yet :P I move them afterwards :)) ... and I also cleaned out their "backup" folders before install :) (some of them have like 80 MB inside those folders :o)

Before: 4.32 GB
After: 3.89 GB

I've also commented out IA's restoring code (I reckon it's not needed now ... but this is a test so it can fubar all it wants :D)

EDIT: CtB copies some bams individually too :P (commented out :lol:)

And deleting all the backups = BIG effing mistake :doh: BG1UB checks for something in its backup before installing ANYTHING :o

Edited by Lollorian, 02 March 2010 - 07:34 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#143 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:25 PM

So ... if the megamods are installed, whether or not their bam's are copied, IA still restores the original bam's back (possible waste of space here?? :unsure:)

If you're doing it this way, just don't download/extract the IA BG2_Restores content module, and it won't do anything with it. No need to comment out any code.

Edit: now that I think about it, it *might* require you to have the restores present based on which mod's you've got. But I could change that once something like this gets to a point (hopefuly "WeiDUised") where it can be detected.

Celestiales (not PnP Celestials) - MASGG, MSOGG (new deva/planetar anims without glow)

I didn't look at this, but I guess the point would be to overwrite those BAMs with alternate versions. So it's fine wherever it's installed since IA doesn't do anything with those - I wouldn't mess with it.

Now I guess IA *could* slot those in different slots if folks wanted both versions, but that seems a bit redundant to me.

ding0's Tweakpack - MTASG (tasloi?? :unsure:)

Pretty sure these are the same ones restored by IA's base content module, so you could comment them out.

Edited by Miloch, 03 March 2010 - 02:27 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#144 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

Cool thanks :D So, CtB, IA and Sheena's .tp2's modified and gonna try a new install soon :P (last one fubared to obscurity :doh:)

Now I guess IA *could* slot those in different slots if folks wanted both versions, but that seems a bit redundant to me.

~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #123 // Distinctive Celestials: Beta X :devil:

Buuuut, there probably aren't enough solars in the game to bother making them distinctive :P

Pretty sure these are the same ones restored by IA's base content module, so you could comment them out.

Added to .bat :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 06 March 2010 - 07:57 PM.

#145 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:07 AM

Ok, so I used the BAMCleaner and it looks like there's some 500+ MB reduction in size ^_^ But I haven't tested out ALL of the animations, so unless someone's desperate to get that space, I don't recommend using this :P

I've attached the biffmeister as well (there's no update other than the VERSION tag for BGT getting the 13 Feb 10 date :P ... which you can do manually too)

Setup-CtB.tp2 overlaps in both the biffmeister and the BAMCleaner so I've attached 3 separate packages :)

Plain ol' biffmeister is in the post just above this (extreme-workaround-for-512k-limit FTW!!! :woot:)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 06 March 2010 - 07:57 PM.

#146 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:46 AM

The BGT update that happened added a few lines to its .tp2, so this is an updated biffmeister :P (to go with the newer BGT dated 16 Mar 2010)

Attached Files

#147 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:08 AM

Ok, an update for the TDD v1.13 :) (CtB 1.12a doesn't modify the .tp2 or .bat's ... not even the VERSION tag :P)

Also, I'm not including the oggdec/tisunpack stuff in future updates cause it could get real messy if there's a large amount of stuff :P (personally, I liked how Aurora did it ... modded the package itself) With the recent (and regular) updates to many NPC mods, there's a high chance some new wav might not get compiled cause of these .bat's and people start throwing shoes at me :lol:

PS: A humble request if I might :) Has anyone been saving the biffmeister packages from the first one I attached in this thread?? If yes, might I request you to please give me a copy of the old versions ... for archiving and debugging purposes :P (I never imagined it'd take so many versions so didn't bother making backups :P) ...

Well another reason is, I need the copy of the biffmeister BEFORE I included the oggdec/tisunpack stuff :P

Attached Files

#148 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:33 AM

Ok, an update for the TDD v1.13 :) (CtB 1.12a doesn't modify the .tp2 or .bat's ... not even the VERSION tag :P)

Also, I'm not including the oggdec/tisunpack stuff in future updates cause it could get real messy if there's a large amount of stuff :P (personally, I liked how Aurora did it ... modded the package itself) With the recent (and regular) updates to many NPC mods, there's a high chance some new wav might not get compiled cause of these .bat's and people start throwing shoes at me :lol:

PS: A humble request if I might :) Has anyone been saving the biffmeister packages from the first one I attached in this thread?? If yes, might I request you to please give me a copy of the old versions ... for archiving and debugging purposes :P (I never imagined it'd take so many versions so didn't bother making backups :P) ...

Well another reason is, I need the copy of the biffmeister BEFORE I included the oggdec/tisunpack stuff :P

1.12a is in all likenesses 1.12 anyway. The muffed creatures were restored from the 1.11. Nothing new was added but I added the "a" because I wasn't sure how the uploading was going to go. So nothing had to ne added to TP2. :)
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#149 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:27 AM

Well, TDD and CtB were updated again (25/3/2010) and this time, it's just the .tp2's in both :P Well, since the biffmeister uses said .tp2's, it'd be best to update it too innit?? ^_^

So ... biffmeister_rc11!!! (drumroll ... and other noise) :lol:

Attached Files

#150 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

I've been DAMN stupid!!! :doh:

There's a BIG error in the rc11's RoTerror .bat (if doesn't copy ANY .bam's :o) If you get missing icons/crashes or such, please try copying all the stuff in the RoTerror\BAM\ folder into the override :) Sorry for the trouble!!!

Otherwise, use this one for a new install :P (already reported to Leomar btw :))

Attached Files

#151 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

If you get missing icons/crashes or such, please try copying all the stuff in the RoTerror\BAM\ folder into the override

Eh... that could really hose Aurora, Infinity Animations, and possibly other mods, since you'll probably be overwriting standard animations like goblins with stuff like abishai (see here).

Does this disable creature animation biffing until the end yet? That's beginning to seem quite necessary for IA, unless we resort to a lot of COPY hackery.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#152 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

Yup :) BAM's get biffed at the end too :P

And some misplaced anims would probably be better than crashes though ;)

Edited by Lollorian, 03 April 2010 - 11:22 PM.

#153 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:36 AM

And some misplaced anims would probably be better than crashes though

Just copy all but the m*.bams then (creature animations, which presumably IA has already patched in separately).

#154 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

Ok, great news :D No more messy overwriting! Leomar has converted the biffmeister into patchy form and so, it shall henceforth be known as ...

DA TRIMPACK!!!v9.0.1

For folks who just wanna use the Trimpack, download the package, extract all mods and run the BiG World Trimpack.bat! TADA!!! :woot: Instant noodles ... err, non-biffing megamods :coolthumb:

For folks who're using the BWS, it'll download the thing and let you choose whether you want it to do itz stuffz :P

Okay then, peace!

Edited by Lollorian, 04 April 2010 - 04:49 PM.

#155 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

DA TRIMPACK!!!

Dragon Age Trimpack? Eeerhm. ^_^ :ROFL: This ad was provided by the Imp's without brains.
"Teh" might be better.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 April 2010 - 01:18 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#156 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

<snort> <sputter> *grumble* *grumble* *cough*

Until I actually play that game, I'm not gonna associate meself with it in any way :devil: besides .. wasn't it DAO or something??

EDIT: Nah, DA looks better :P (and more importantly, matches my sig :lol:) dadadadadadadaaaaa ... DATMAN!!!!

Edited by Lollorian, 04 April 2010 - 04:49 PM.

#157 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:16 AM

Trimpack updated again :P

Fixes stupid oversight in RoT (again ... same line ... it paused to ask you whether ya wanted to overwrite stuff :doh: The answer was yes, overwrite all, but it paused for the answer :crying:) and adds a spanish note in the readme :D

Changelog:
Version 9.0.2 (05 April 2010)
- Added Spanish explanation to the readme
- Added /y to line 30 of RoT-Install.bat.patch

#158 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:52 AM

Ok, been a while eh?? :D

Anyway, some stuff about the --biff-get-rest command that almost all the megamods seem to use for wav's :) If I understand right, it just extracts the file from any bif the file may be in ... so does it make sense to just --biff-get-rest some wav's and then immediately rebiff them to the mod's bif??

Is there some other reason for them to do this?? :unsure:

I can understand BGT (which extracts stuff from the BGI bif's) and CtB (which extracts stuff to rename them) but have a look at this block from SoBH:
weidu --out BH-REST --biff-get-rest AR0334.WED AR0334SR.BMP AR0334LM.BMP AR0334HT.BMP
weidu --out BH-REST --biff-get-rest AM0335.WAV AM0500K.WAV AM0508.WAV AM0700E1.WAV AM0700E2.WAV AM0700E3.WAV AM0706.WAV AM0806.WAV
weidu --out BH-REST --biff-get-rest AM1000.WAV AM1100A1.WAV AM1100A2.WAV AM1100A3.WAV AM1100A4.WAV AM1100A5.WAV AM1100A6.WAV AM1100A7.WAV AM1100A8.WAV AM1100A9.WAV
weidu --out BH-REST --biff-get-rest AM1300.WAV AM1300N.WAV AM1301.WAV AM1304.WAV AM1304N.WAV AM1306.WAV AM1600B1.WAV AM6003.WAV AMB_E46A.WAV AMB_E46B.WAV
weidu --out BH-REST --biff-get-rest GAFIREP1.WAV GAHOSMAG.WAV GASMITH.WAV

<move BAMs, CREs and DLGs from override to BH-REST>

weidu --make-biff BH-TIS1
weidu --make-biff BH-TIS2
weidu --make-biff BH-REST
Why?? :blink: Especially when the combined size of the extracted bifs is some ~50 MB!

Thanks for any answers :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 14 June 2010 - 02:53 AM.

#159 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:21 AM

Is there some other reason for them to do this?? :unsure:

Well, if the functions have changed erhm, like this might be related: say for example there's this in NEJ2.tp2(v4.2), although the code was originally from the Divine Remix'es earlier version:

~NeJ/itm/CDILFS0.itm~ ~override/CDILFS0.itm~ // Hand of Ilmater +0
SAY NAME1 ~The Hand of Ilmater~
COPY_EXISTING ~override/CDILFS0.itm~ ~override/CDILFS1.itm~ // Hand of Ilmater +1
WRITE_LONG 0x60 1

As the COPY_EXISTING function doesn't need to have the ~"override/" start as, this would do as well:

COPY_EXISTING ~CDILFS0.itm~ ~override/CDILFS1.itm~
WRITE_LONG 0x60 1

With the todays WeiDU... now, if the copy_existing function wouldn't be locked into the existing game files and .biffs, the function in my code would give nothing or trash, but it is, now.
And as one cannot unbiff already made .biffs(except the once made with Gen_Biff) as they might contain files that are no where else, the space waste was guaranteed in any case...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#160 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:28 AM

I believe these are all penis issues (as in, one of the 30000 people who overhauled the tp2 accidentally typed a portion of code by slamming his erected penis on the keyboard rather than by using the keyboard in the standard fashion, and the subsequent 15400 overhaulers never bothered to fix the stained code).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.