Installing BPSeries BETA Remake w/BWP v8

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Hi,

Been trying now for a few days to install this with my copy of BWP v8 Standard Version.

If I try using the setup it doesn't work and the following error log is created (see attatched file).

I experimented with using the version 3 of the BP AI (since it has the *.bs files) by copy paste the *.bs into the "scripts" folder and the other files into my "override" folder.

It did work but after casting a few spells off in battle it always crashes my BG2 game.

Any suggestions?

Would really like to use this AI mod in my game.

Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

Check your SPECIFIC.IDS with Near Infinty

[Specifics] argument [SIMULACRUM] not found in [Specific.IDS]
is the error that chokes your install.

My file shows this:
207 SIMULACRUM in Specific IDS. You can try adding this line into yours and see if that will get it to install. No guarantees everything will work in game with everything beautiful and delicious or hopefully you don't run into another error.

EDIT: The previous version choked in the same way when I was trying to do a BWP install back in BWP version 3 or 4. From what I remember, BWP replaced the SPECIFIC.IDS that may have been missing the compatible resource for the BPSeries. Don't quote me on that but you may have had something change your SPECIFIC.IDS from the BWP fixes. You can open IDS and .2da files in a text editor (Notepad or I prefer Context for better formatting) if you want to look into some more.

Edited by Hoppy, 14 October 2009 - 09:24 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:05 AM

So should I add:

207 SIMULACRUM in Specific IDS

In my SPECIFIC.IDS file?

I will try this when I get home.

But is there any other way of installing this if this doesn't work? I would have thought copy/paste might work?

Edited by Arjento, 15 October 2009 - 04:07 AM.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:35 AM

207 SIMULACRUM in Specific IDS
In my SPECIFIC.IDS file?
But is there any other way of installing this if this doesn't work? I would have thought copy/paste might work?

The Specific.ids file is usually in the override folder, or it's .bif-fed to one of the data folders, so you need to use NearInfinity for example to export it to some place, then modify it with Notepad for example(just make sure it keeps it's form), and then you just copy it to the override folder. And then you try to install the mod.

The copy pasting doesn't usually work cause the .ids don't trigger the right things, and usually the .bs 'ese aren't optimized to work alone, the .baf's aren't compiled .bcs'ese, and the installer usually needs to add one or more of the .baf's into the .bcs'ese.

PS: the 'ese is plural form of the word.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 October 2009 - 04:40 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:34 AM

No because WeiDU compiles the scripts (BAF to BS) and copy paste will get you invalid resources, thus the crashes. Even if you compile them with NI or cmd prompt, they will crash if you lack the resources they are looking for.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:04 AM

Ok thanks.

Could anyone recommend a good AI script editor?

#7 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

Check your SPECIFIC.IDS with Near Infinty

[Specifics] argument [SIMULACRUM] not found in [Specific.IDS]
is the error that chokes your install.

My file shows this:
207 SIMULACRUM in Specific IDS. You can try adding this line into yours and see if that will get it to install. No guarantees everything will work in game with everything beautiful and delicious or hopefully you don't run into another error.

EDIT: The previous version choked in the same way when I was trying to do a BWP install back in BWP version 3 or 4. From what I remember, BWP replaced the SPECIFIC.IDS that may have been missing the compatible resource for the BPSeries. Don't quote me on that but you may have had something change your SPECIFIC.IDS from the BWP fixes. You can open IDS and .2da files in a text editor (Notepad or I prefer Context for better formatting) if you want to look into some more.

I don't see the big picture mod on your list of installed mods. That's the factor, as the bp-series scripts do depend on the ids files of the big picture mod. As I plan to add these scripts into the Big Picture release, as an optional component, this won't be a future factor. Add BP to your list of mods, and then use these scripts. I'm hoping it makes a difference. If it doesn't, the thing to check for is if some other mod on your monstrous list is overwriting IDS files instead of appending.