Photo

Will you buy Dragon Age: Origins?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Is DA for you? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you buy DA: Origins?

1. Yes, immediately upon launch (21 votes [52.50%])

Percentage of vote: 52.50%

2. No, not really that interested (7 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

3. When it hits the bargain bin (11 votes [27.50%])

Percentage of vote: 27.50%

4. What's Dragon Age? (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

I remember the cloth maps from the old Ultimas and how there was an outcry when they were replaced by paper.
I guess these days we're lucky to have a box at all.

I'm also one of those who prefers to get DLCs once they are released at retail. I did download Bring Down the Sky for ME, and that was absolutely fine, but I'd heard so many bad things about Games for Windows Live that I waited for the Fallout 3 DLCs to come out on DVD. I have them (aside from Mothership Zeta) and they're great. I don't mind paying a bit extra, really - but I like to have a physical disc just in case.

#122 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Well Gamestop and a few other only video game selling stores did not have the CE (for the pc...) where I lived but luckily good ol' Best Buy did so I have it for preorder...the single the open on Nov 3 I am marching in and getting my copy!

Edited by Vicen, 20 October 2009 - 08:18 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#123 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:15 AM

I'd be more concerned with US version if I were you, frankly :/

EA has this nasty little habit of attaching regions to their releases, meaning the US version might not be playable in France. I don't know for sure though.

Huh? I know about DVD-players having regions, but computers? In any case, no one can stop you from hacking the shit. Heck, iirc there's Press-the-magical-button software that kills regions fro movies, so there must be similar stuff for regular disks.

I've had to install such a program on my computer, since it otherwise deny any attempts of playing the stuff my cousin from Orlando brings home when he's here. So. Don't know what the software is attached to though.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#124 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:49 AM

With the release looming only a short while ahead, we have this poll's results:

80% of the voters plan to buy DA at one time or another & 20% of the voters have no interest in buying DA.