Photo

Will you buy Dragon Age: Origins?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Is DA for you? (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you buy DA: Origins?

1. Yes, immediately upon launch (21 votes [52.50%])

Percentage of vote: 52.50%

2. No, not really that interested (7 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

3. When it hits the bargain bin (11 votes [27.50%])

Percentage of vote: 27.50%

4. What's Dragon Age? (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:43 AM

Was actually thinking to get it from closest Tilt shop. CDON has lower price but I don't trust our mailman. Last time he left my poster package outside the front door! :angry: Well thank God he didn't try to get it fit our mailbox... :rolleyes:

:P Good thing I've never had that, just an occasional crumpled corner on a magazine.

But yeah, Tilt has it for 69.95 ? total with postage fees included - CDON on the other hand has it for 59.95 ? plus a 2.95 ? postage fee for a total of 62.90 ? for the exactly same package, so it's 7.05 ? cheaper.

And yes, I always count stuff like that. Too many Scrooge McDuck stories read... ;)

#42 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:34 AM

I generally wait for games to drop below the £20 mark before I buy them. But I'll see... I have several games still to play, so I won't rush to buy this immediately.

#43 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

Hopefully my Local Game stop will get the Collectors Edition that I can preorder...or maybe if they dont Wal-Mart might have a few...but you cant preorder sadly from mine :angry:

And im glad that romances are going both ways with just a little bit more options for female players who want more then one romance option in a game like this

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#44 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:53 AM

There's still over a month left to go... some stores probably won't add the pre-order until 1-2 weeks from now.

#45 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:36 AM

Oh I'll buy it most likely, in 5-6 years (or more)... before that no chance. I suppose I'll miss all the interested discussion that will happen in the meantime.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#46 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

Yeah, I will. I'm really looking forward to this.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#47 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

I can't wait for this game to come out, already. I've become way too hyped for it. I'm only going to be let down. Once you look past the horrible Marlyn Manson trailer and the stupid amount of blood, there lurks a good game.

#48 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:42 AM

Am buying it for Xbox 360. :)

Say bye-bye to the modding scene.

That's fine, I don't mind. I never thought I'd say this, but I vastly prefer playing games on a console. Computer = work, and only by removing myself from that environment can I fully relax. :)

But if somebody releases a mod I absolutely have to play, I'll have a PC version available.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#49 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:55 AM

But if somebody releases a mod I absolutely have to play, I'll have a PC version available.

Is there a game with modding tools available where there is NOT a fan-made fixpack that makes the game playable?

Also, plug your PC into your TV and use the 360 controller to take care of the "work vs. fun" problem.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#50 MrFaust

MrFaust
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

Personally I have a funny feeling that it wont live up to our standards. Cant quite put my finger on it but I feel this puts it best "They dont make em like they use to.".. I hope i'm wrong.
"I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence."

#51 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

On the contrary I believe it's because they "made it like they used to" that will cause it to not live up to the expectations. More specifically, the technology they are using seems quite outdated when you compare it with what Bioware (and other companies) have released already. But that's a dead horse. I'm going to buy it anyway.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#52 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:08 AM

My answer is no. Too emo and graphical (and has sex scene). A cheap way to get ppl interested.

#53 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:16 AM

I would argue that some of the best games of the last few years have been very graphical and involved sex scenes; look at Mass Effect, and The Witcher. Both are good games, and I would argue that neither of these took away from either game. While sex may not have been the most tasteful addition to The Witcher, you could avoid any and all sexual encounters and just focus on the interesting and clever plot. In Mass Effect, the sex was the end result of relationships with the NPCs--much like it will be in Dragon Age.

The result of games that are no longer just aimed at young teenagers and children, I suppose. :)

#54 -Guest_AMS-

-Guest_AMS-

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:00 AM

I agree with K'aeloree, the sex scenes are completely optional and only occur if the romance progresses that far, so you won't actually have to bother with them if you don't really care for such. Anyway, I wouldn't put too much weight on the trailers, it's just marketing and not a representation of the whole game, or the context in which things happen.

#55 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

Plus every movie now a day thats rated PG-13 or of course R usually has some steamy scenes here or there...Its just how things are to make it more realistic id say...

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#56 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

Right now the poll shows that 80% of the voters so far are planning to buy Dragon Age: Origins at one point or another. Pretty good numbers... hopefully we'll have interesting discussions about DA here when it's released. :)

#57 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

I took the time to find out what other items than the ones from the CE you can get from various stores if you pre-order, so here you go:

#58 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Nice...I hope most of these you can get from Gamestop...thats where I am gonna pre-order tomorrow!

EDIT: Bah they only have the collectors edition for Xbox360 and PS3 I have a PS3 but I want it for computer...looks like to the internet I Go!

Edited by Vicen, 04 October 2009 - 09:15 PM.

#59 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:12 AM

As I ended up suggesting elsewhere in the subforum, perhaps.

Since, however, there are always more important things than entertainment (and not to mention other ways to sake that overwhelming thirst for knowledge ;) ) if it turns out yes, then definetely only, and only, when it's worth the price of paying for it, along with necessary upgardes/replacements (Still running mostly on the gear from very early 2000s or late 90s after all).

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#60 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:31 AM

I think this might be the first review of Dragon Age. It's certainly the first I've seen. Looking good so far.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.