Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#741 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Checked for effects in item abilities that targeted Self/Party/Everyone except party and was active while equipped (meaning they're probably equipped effects rather than on-hit effects :P)

Filtered out all the sound/visual effects and found a bunch ^_^ In layman terms, ever wondered why an item that was supposed to grant invisibility only made you vanish when you started attacking? :P This stuff fixes it...

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 15 September 2012 - 10:52 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#742 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

You mean something like that?
If not, you could also use that to find wrong spell targets... at least that's what I understand. Haven't put it through google translator since I don't know what it does with the weidu-code.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#743 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

I ran that and found these :cheers: Not sure how to go about fixing this though... Also, nothing related to the mod that caused the problem (Askaria) :unsure:

Chloe\Spells\SPKeDeCR.spl error: Opcode (15), targets preset target!
LR\bcs\copy\DEADJON.SPL error: Opcode (215), targets preset target!
LR\spl\CSLSUCK.SPL error: Opcode (215), targets preset target!
LR\spl\jonchng1.spl error: Opcode (215), targets preset target!
LR\spl\jonchng2.spl error: Opcode (215), targets preset target!
LR\spl\jonchng3.spl error: Opcode (215), targets preset target!

Also is that Taimon? :o As in ToBHacks Taimon? :o :o :o He's with you guys? :o

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#744 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

Yeah, he speaks German and the Kerzenburg Forum is together with the Rosenranken arguably the most active German speaking modding Forum.
So why are you that surprised?

The output tells you that the target type is wrong for those spells. At least thats what he said in the thread. Funny how computers make rubbish out of some parts...

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#745 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

It wasn't the german thing but the fact that he was still active and debugging :P (which is awesome... must check that thread out now :D)

As for the spells, could you please report these to that thread because I have no clue what to set these into (the opcode 15 is Dex Bonus and 215 is Play Visual Effect)... Also the IESDP doesn't mention anything about this stuff so :crying:

Can you guess that spells aren't exactly my strong point :P All those years as a FMT while only relying on the M class in the form of clicking on random stuff... yup, that helps :ph34r:

#746 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

I wrote that script in response to a reported assert error. It checks for an invalid target type (2) on the caster/global effects for spells. (The engine doesn't like that and immediately errors out.)
I guess the fix really depends on the respective spell but setting the target type to 1 (self) should be relatively safe.

As for myself, I'm still supporting the german community whenever I can, but sadly I don't have much time anymore.
Debugging assert errors is still fun though. :)

#747 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

Holy... :Bow: I'll have them set to self and uploaded soon! Thanks :cheers: I'm also interested in knowing what made SPIN551 and the other SPINs target (2) for Mooni because no mod I checked changed them to be like that :unsure:

Also on the topic of assertions, I've always wanted to ask :P

Why does this crash seem to happen? What are the exact conditions? Does it only affect axes and daggers? What are the is arrow/bolt/bullet flags even used for? :D Sorry for troubling you with these :P

#748 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

It wasn't the german thing but the fact that he was still active and debugging :P (which is awesome)

Seconded! :D

Debugging assert errors is still fun though. :)

Hooray for weird hangups to the betterment of BG! :Bow: ;)

#749 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

And here's them target Self (1)ed :cheers:

I noticed that the IEDSP SPL page does list that target (2) can cause problems (although in a rather obscure place)

Casting Feature Block offset (these feature blocks may not use target type 2)

Also, looking at that page, it seems that target (2) and (6) can outright crash the game on the effects from ability blocks :unsure: I changed the script to check ability header effects and found that practically every mod has spells that target (2) or (6) :o (even awesome ones like 1PP and aTweaks)

Is the IEDSP page mistaken?

EDIT: Just realized it meant the target of the ability itself not the effects :doh:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 16 September 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#750 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

Is the IEDSP page mistaken?

What does the latest NearInfinity (compiled by Sam) say about the that ? ...

Casting Extended Header Block offset (these blocks may not use target type 2)

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 September 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#751 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Nope the IEDSP is right :P Missed my ninja edit ^_^

EDIT: Just realized it meant the target of the ability itself not the effects :doh:

I changed the script accordingly and nothing shows up so all's well :D

Btw, isn't the latest and greatest NI the one on Wisp's (FredrikLindgren) GitHub page?

Edited by Lollorian, 16 September 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#752 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Nope the IEDSP is right :P Missed my ninja edit ^_^

And I ninjaed you... :P

Btw, isn't the latest and greatest NI the one on Wisp's (FredrikLindgren) GitHub page?

Well, still the original link thread is made by Sam... :P

Now, I just wish this to be fun for you Lollorian... cause I would regret it if it weren't, cause it's to me. ^_^

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 September 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#753 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

bw05fgca.cre from TGC1e apparently likes kittens :D
... and wielding a 2-handed sword with a non-droppable helmet in his shield hand :blink:

Moved helmet to where it belongs (hopefully the head :P)

Now, I just wish this to be fun for you Lollorian... cause I would regret it if it weren't, cause it's to me. ^_^

This is as much fun as drinking cough syrup :D I make faces at first, but the taste catches on after a while :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 17 September 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#754 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Stuff found here... both should really be included ASAP :ermm:

EDIT: Removed old BPv180 attachment (old report here, actual fix here)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 21 September 2012 - 01:51 AM.

#755 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi

About Sendro03.cre, I tried with the Lollorian's fix and I tried a manually removing the item (BWBOLT01.ITM) via Nearinfinity too, but it seems not to fix the creature and I got CTD in anyway.

Thanks for any help!!

Here is my Sendro03.cre and my baldur.err

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 20 September 2012 - 10:35 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#756 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

The CtD isn't because of SENDRO03.CRE :unsure:

use NI and change the spell level field of SPCL232.SPL to 2 and SPCL732.SPL to 7 (if they're different) that should fix the CtD that the second and third attachment above is supposed to fix :)

EDIT: Shit I meant change both their levels to 1 :doh: Not 2 or 7 :P

Edited by Lollorian, 20 September 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#757 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

But I have both theirs level to 1!!! What can I do?........

#758 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Then your CtD isn't related to the above files and we'd need a new thread with some more details about it :P (your baldur.err is empty :unsure:)

Also, here's your SENDRO03.CRE fixed in case you think that's causing the crashing :D

Attached Files

#759 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

Then your CtD isn't related to the above files and we'd need a new thread with some more details about it :P (your baldur.err is empty :unsure:)

Also, here's your SENDRO03.CRE fixed in case you think that's causing the crashing :D

Thanks for your help, I tried but your SENDRO03.CRE not fix my CTD, I tried to summon it with Clua but CTD immediatly!!!
Here is my baldur.err
Edit: Here is my Tobex.log too!!

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 20 September 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#760 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

"creatureSize == 0" usually indicates the .cre does not exist IIRC? In which case, it may not be related to the .cre in question. Can you try the Area CRE Checker (in the Modding Tools forum) with the area you get the crash in and see if it says anything?

(Also for future reference ilot, you can just post text files like the above in SPOILER tags rather than as attachments... makes it a bit easier to see and debug them.)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle