Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#701 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

I have updated BWP-Fixpack to v11.1.4. Get it here: http://kerzenburg.ba...loads.php?id=49
BWP-Installpack is now v11.1.3. Get it here: http://kerzenburg.ba...loads.php?id=51

#702 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Awesome! Thank you, Leonardo! :cheers:

#703 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

There's an old fix for Dark Horizons (ar2800.baf.patch) that you might wanna remove as it predates even this thread and breaks a part of the mod (prevents spawning as you won't get a chapter value greater than 999992 or whatever is the exact number)

The patch is applied even if the line it wants to patch is different in newer versions.

Edited by Beleg33, 28 July 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#704 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

There is a fix for Finch rejoining to be made but I'm not sure what's the best course or what is really causing it.

In SUFINCH.D towards the end (@ BEGIN SUFINCHP) there is some timer stuff that is broken, when compiled the action StartTimer("SUFinchKickedOut",60) returns as StartTimer(0,60) which is probably not a valid action. I suppose this is because the timer ID is too long. Same thing for the TimerExpired() trigger.

Either :
- Remove that timer stuff that serves no real purpose (only to make you wait 1 minute before you can talk to her again)
- Reduce the timer ID to something shorter, probably 8 characters max.

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#705 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Removed some stuff from SUFINCH.D.patch that was causing issues with rejoining dialogues (probably because it was made for an earlier version were Finch initiated the dialogue on her own after being kicked out for good)

Attached File  Fixing_fixes_for_finch_BGT_compatibility.7z   684bytes   167 downloads

#706 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hokay so update time ^_^ (just found out that BWPFixpack v11.1.6 was out but no announcement was made - sorry if any of these are already in it, haven't checked yet :P)

InfinityAnimations PS:T animations out-of-bounds fix
Fix: here

Phazic's BGSpawn fix for delayed spawns in random BGI areas

A small little exclusion list for BPv180 and InnateFix to ignore innates spells that are referenced by SpellCastinnate()

Revised Sasha Al'Therin's DSotSC script loop fix to prevent infinite kobolds in Lion's Way during CHAPTER 2

K'aeloree's Yeslick mod stutter fix after killing Firkraag
Fix: here (attached here because I can't attach there :P)

Also attached Turambar's DSotSC german audio fix again because I couldn't find it in BWPFixpack v11.1.5 :P

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#707 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

There is still to fix Darian Sarahtob crossmod, I didn't notice it made its way through at last.

// Sarah Crossmod
BEGIN ~Sarah NPC Crossmod~
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-darian.tp2~ ~0~ ~You do not appear to have Darian installed~
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~Setup-Sarah.tp2~ ~0~ ~You do not appear to have Sarah installed~ <- this check refers to "old" version of sarah mod.

The check also seems to happen inside darian mod folder; lastly it always failed for me even modifying Setup-Sarah.tp2 into setup-sarahtob.tp2.

The two solutions I tried up to now are modifying the sarahtob check to a require referring to some sarahtob file to be found inside override folder or by copying setup-sarahtob.tp2 file inside darian mod folder.
However it should also work by modifying the require to check for setup-sarahtob.tp2 inside sarahtob folder.

#708 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

So this is about installation of crossmod content inside Darian tp2 right?

REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~Setup-Sarahtob.tp2~ ~0~

should work if it is installed before as does the BWP/BWS.

#709 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

So this is about installation of crossmod content inside Darian tp2 right?

REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~Setup-Sarahtob.tp2~ ~0~

should work if it is installed before as does the BWP/BWS.

Yep, I'm referring to the installation of the crossmod content inside Darian tp2.

Let's say that... I always noticed the installation of the crossmod content failed unless modifying the check in one of those ways.
With Sarahtob mod being always installed before Darian.

#710 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Alright so a modified tp2 is required to check for the correct mod until Darian is updated. How about you report this to Tempest in the dedicated Darian forum too, in case of an oversight.

Meannwhile, a fixed darian.tp2 for inclusion in next release :

EDIT : You can find it on next page Leonardo! This one was for v2.1 ><

Edited by Beleg33, 23 August 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#711 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

How about you report this to Tempest in the dedicated Darian forum too, in case of an oversight.

The issue has been already reported to Tempest and a new future version should fix it.

#712 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

Alright I just couldn't find it in recent talks in Darian subforum.

#713 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

Ok... well, this morning (here) when I took a look at the forum to eventually report the issue to Tempest I noticed it has been already reported a couple of times and he's aware of it.

You'll find it here:

http://www.shsforums...ms-with-darian/

#714 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

And he's going to move that content to crossmod banter pack anyway (yay). So that fix will be until both are updated I guess.

#715 Factor X

Factor X
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

I have a simple question.

How do you check the actual version of the fixpack or installpack?

Nothing in the readme, nothing in the bat. Where can I find the version ?

#716 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Filename?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#717 Factor X

Factor X
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Well, yes....the archive's filename.

But I use to extract and store the setup and folder only.

I expected to find the version in the readme, or in the bat, or in the file properties.....

#718 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

How do you check the actual version of the fixpack or installpack?

Filename?

Wrong... the archive file name... or you can look for the extracted files name from the .tp2 file in the version -tag(search for "version" without the quotes...) via notepad.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 August 2012 - 09:41 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#719 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

@Jarno: I did mean the archive and Factor X did understand my response, so : why sweat the minor details?

Try to extract the 11.1.6 fixpack and tell me where you are able to find the string 11.1.6 ... I'd be surprised if you can since grep, findstr and freecommander were not able to give me a hit. Version-strings in the tp2-patch-files just add a BWP Fix to the version they are patching, so that does not help either.

You could extract an archive and run a differ (winmerge or so) to see if those sub-folders (BiG World Fixpack/Textpack/...) are identical.

Edited by dabus, 23 August 2012 - 10:25 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#720 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

And the "BWP Fix" version tag is only added when it's the .tp2 file that is altered, not some patched script or copied are/itm/cre/whatever files :P
I've been trying to update the documentation (the _BWP fixes.txt file) so we can remove outdated stuff~ but it's a rough task... not everything is in this thread, some fixes are older than this thread or were discussed on other forums (I guess Kerzenburg). I think Lollorian has been working on this too.