Photo

Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#641 -Wanderer-

-Wanderer-

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

In the BiG fixpack v11 there is also a patch for AC Quest (namely ACQXJARG.D) trying to patch an unexistant dialog file.
From BiG World Debug.txt:
'processing fixes for "AC_QUEST"
can't find file to patch at input line 3
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- AC_QUEST\D\ACQXJARG.D Sat Sep 05 07:07:18 2009
|+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\AC_QUEST\D\ACQXJARG.D Wed Jun 02 10:48:59 2010
--------------------------
File to patch:
Skip this patch? [y]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored'

Btw... not related to fixpack but eventually textpack I'm traifying and translating some mods into english (Ascalons Breagar v6.05 already done, AC Quest on the way, Chiara, JA#BGT_AdvPack, Avi Maya Project, Larsha, Skie, Severian and others). Not going to submit until I receive the ok from mods' authors. If no answer is given I'm going to take it as a no.

#642 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:34 PM

In the BiG fixpack v11 there is also a patch for AC Quest (namely ACQXJARG.D) trying to patch an unexistant dialog file.

That's... freaky :blink: First thought a newer version merged that file into some bigger file but it looks like that entire dialogue tree is gone :unsure: Anyway no harm done... just something for the BWPFixpack peeps to remove in the next version :P

Btw... not related to fixpack but eventually textpack I'm traifying and translating some mods into english (Ascalons Breagar v6.05 already done, AC Quest on the way, Chiara, JA#BGT_AdvPack, Avi Maya Project, Larsha, Skie, Severian and others). Not going to submit until I receive the ok from mods' authors. If no answer is given I'm going to take it as a no.

Oh boy :D Some of those mods you mentioned are already being translated into english so if I were you I'd contact the authors immediately and notify them and work together before doing any redundant work :P (Breager, ACQuest and Severian are some that I know are being translated)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#643 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

That's... freaky :blink: First thought a newer version merged that file into some bigger file but it looks like that entire dialogue tree is gone :unsure: Anyway no harm done... just something for the BWPFixpack peeps to remove in the next version :P

Oh boy :D Some of those mods you mentioned are already being translated into english so if I were you I'd contact the authors immediately and notify them and work together before doing any redundant work :P (Breager, ACQuest and Severian are some that I know are being translated)

Hi Lollorian. well, this is partially right, Braegar is translated (not fully) into english though I think using online translators (google etc...) - taking a look at english tra files -. This is the reason I was working on some fully re-translations. ACQuest and Severian I don't know, maybe I missed the post.
Btw... for Skie Lava Del'Vortel posted a different version, that's "Skie BG2 ReDone v1.1".

#644 Xicloing

Xicloing
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi all,

Sometime ago I started several translation to English, some I have completed (Kim, Jan's Quest, Hanna, Haiass), other were simply too big to complete on my own in my spare free time.
I'm not a native English speaker, but it seems to me that many native speaker don't feel comfortable to translate from another language into their own. Or maybe it's only because, with a few exceptions, the majority of quality mods is available in English.

Anyway, here's a short overview about translations I didn't complete:

ACQuest: I had started translating ACQuest on waht Ascalon provided, but as a lot of changes happened from 0.5beta to version 1, and seeing that the translation was mostly only a copy/paste from Google translate, I gave up on that project.

Severian: I translated all smaller files and about 20% of the main file.

Huple: 2 smaller files translated. Started the main dialog file.

I can provide Severian and Huple files to anyone ready to take up my work. I can't find ACQuest files, but Ascalon should have a copy.

Xicloing

#645 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

I rummaged through my stuff and found copies of english translates of ACBreager, ACQuestpack and the Askaria mod :D I'd be glad to hand em over to someone who might finish and/or use it :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#646 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

I rummaged through my stuff and found copies of english translates of ACBreager, ACQuestpack and the Askaria mod :D I'd be glad to hand em over to someone who might finish and/or use it :P

Well... About Braegar v6.05 I have my own full english translations while AC Quest should be done today/tomorrow. Skie 5.1 is on the way, like the others polish mods. Severian, Huple no probs as I can speak french as well.

Anyway, here is a list of unpacked mods I began to turn into english: AC_QUESTPACK1, Avi_Maya_Project_v6, Breagar-6.05 (fully done), Chiara_1.02mB_163, ElvanA01, FrennedanMod_v1_03, Gloran_v3, Haendlermod_v1.1, Huple_NPC_v1.2, ja_bgtadvpack1, Larsha_NPC, Les exiles de Lunargent, Malthis_v2, shar-teel mod v1.0b, SKIE v.5.1, Trovador_REO_v2.4a, UldarNPC_v0.77, Vendedor_DLAN_v6.1, ThaelNPC v2.32, Er'vonyrah Lester_NPC_v0.8 and Severian.
I'm able to provide a full english translations of TS25MiniMod_v2_s35_n86 as well.

btw... not sure if anyone took a look at that, maybe I missed some posts... anyway installing NEJ, CtB, RoT, TS, DSotSC, Yoshimo Friendship, Yoshimo Romance ends up (lastly to me, each time) in having two Yoshimos when entering second level of Irenicus' Prison (after finishining astrolabe in NEJ).

Imoen Full Romance requires LuvNaliaMod for some banters.
Darian v2 requires Sarah mod (as stated) for crossmod - although sarahtob is installed - thus a change to darian sarah crossmod is required.
// Sarah Crossmod
BEGIN ~Sarah NPC Crossmod~
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-darian.tp2~ ~0~ ~You do not appear to have Darian installed~
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~Setup-Sarah.tp2~ ~0~ ~You do not appear to have Sarah installed~ -> this has to be turned into setup-sarahtob.tp2, the check also happens inside darian mod thus a copy of sarahtob tp2 file should be put there - otherwise the check will always fail (lastly this is what I always noticed)

COMPILE ~darian/dialogue/sarahbanter.d~

btw... talking about LuvNalia and de' Arnise Romance... it seems like a new version of de' Arnise should be out sometime... though it would be nice merging LuvNalia (fixing it) and de' Arnise Romance into one single extended Nalia mod.

#647 -Wanderer-

-Wanderer-

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:25 AM

btw... talking about LuvNalia and de' Arnise Romance... it seems like a new version of de' Arnise should be out sometime... though it would be nice merging LuvNalia (fixing it) and de' Arnise Romance into one single extended Nalia mod.

About Imoen Full Romance here's the check, from Imoen.tp2 file:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~override\MARRY05.bcs~ -> this is after LuvNalia mod
AND FILE_EXISTS ~override\Nalbdy.itm~
AND FILE_EXISTS ~override\RUNENOTE.itm~
AND FILE_EXISTS ~override\Dearnise.sto~
THEN BEGIN
PRINT @75
COMPILE ~ImoenRom\NewNalia.d~
END
ELSE BEGIN
PRINT @76
COMPILE ~ImoenRom\NotNalia.d~
END

While Faren v2 requires de' Arnise mod, from Setup-Faren.tp2:
BEGIN ~de'Arnise Romance Content~
GROUP ~Crossmod Content~
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~Setup-Faren.tp2~ ~0~ ~Please install Faren before extra content~
REQUIRE_FILE ~override/PGNalBod.itm~ ~You do not appear to have de'Arnise Romance installed~
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~fhfrn.bcs~ ~Faren/crossmod/dearnise/fhfnal.baf~
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~nalia.bcs~ ~Faren/crossmod/dearnise/fhfnal2.baf~
COMPILE ~Faren/crossmod/dearnise/fhfnal.d~

This is the reason, though not the only one, about the idea of merging LuvNalia and de' Arnise Romance into one single extended mod. This way there are the requisites for both Imoen Full Romance and Faren.

#648 Xicloing

Xicloing
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

@#646 poster

do you have an account here so I can forward you my unfinished work ?
Oh, Huple is originally a Spanish mod, but it has French and German translation already

Xicloing

#649 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

@#646 poster

do you have an account here so I can forward you my unfinished work ?
Oh, Huple is originally a Spanish mod, but it has French and German translation already

Xicloing

Hi there.

No, I don't have an account here as of now, tis' the reason I post as -Guest- or -Wanderer-. Anyway I could open one as of tomorrow.
Yes, about Huple I know it's originally a castillian mod though, right, it also features french and german tra files.

About AC Quest, I'm working on the last 3 tra files and then it's done but it's going to happen not before tomorrow (it's supper time here, 8pm).

#650 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

@Guest/Wanderer
You are my hero! O_O Ascalons Breagar and Ascalons Questpack are 2 mods I have always wanted to check out. They seem absolutely top notch. Please try to arrange something with the appropriate people, so we can get the english versions into the BWS asap! :)

I'll easily start over my current playthrough for this alone.

#651 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

I just tried to update the BWP Fixpack. Unfortunately I'm still unable to upload any files. I sent my files to K'aeloree hoping he will upload them soon.

#652 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for the work you do, Leonardo :)

#653 -Wanderer-

-Wanderer-

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

@Guest/Wanderer
You are my hero! O_O Ascalons Breagar and Ascalons Questpack are 2 mods I have always wanted to check out. They seem absolutely top notch. Please try to arrange something with the appropriate people, so we can get the english versions into the BWS asap! :)

I'll easily start over my current playthrough for this alone.

Hi there.

Well, let's say that: I find myself a little "annoying" playing the game and looking at some dictionaries around or by having a friend translating in real time :D
Thus I originally planned to translate some mods for my own personal use. However, if I get the ok from the authors of the mods under tra, why not releasing the tra files themselves for the community?

A quick update: I'm working on the very last 50 lines of last tra file of AC Quest then all dialogues are done but setup tra file (today it should be done as well).
After that I'll revise both Braegar and AC Quest and check them in-game.

#654 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

@Wanderer: Awesome stuff :D

@Leonardo: How about attaching the new BWPFixpack to some post until the SHS mirror is updated? :P

And @topic: Expanded the d0questpack KIT.IDS fix to all the mods that make the same change (Amber, d0Tweaks, Kitanya and Virtue)
The change is in this post, the changed files are in THIS post :w00t:

Attached Files

#655 -Wanderer-

-Wanderer-

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

@Wanderer: Awesome stuff :D

:D Well, actually I'm revising them, then I'll check in-game.

However, I noticed there are three tag errors in the original BG2+ToB dialog.tlk file (at last GOG version, didn't check not GOG). Don't know if they are already fixed by some components (didn't have the time to check and compare).
Anyway, the first is entry 49938 - <CHANRAME> instead of <CHARNAME>, second is entry 71542 <PRO_HERHIM> instead of <PRO_HIMHER> and third is entry 71545 - another <PRO_HERHIM> instead of <PRO_HIMHER>.

#656 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

They probably fixed it in the BG2Fixpack :P Those guys are thorough :D

I did a search in the mods and lookie here... Yvette has the PRO_HERHIM thing and Chloe has CHANRAMEs in her Polish and Russian translates :lol: (not gonna touch those lest my PC garble them files to oblivion)

Attached Images

• Untitled.png

#657 -Wanderer-

-Wanderer-

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

They probably fixed it in the BG2Fixpack :P Those guys are thorough :D

I did a search in the mods and lookie here... Yvette has the PRO_HERHIM thing and Chloe has CHANRAMEs in her Polish and Russian translates :lol: (not gonna touch those lest my PC garble them files to oblivion)

They sure are :)

You're right about Yvette and Chloe though it is to say there are a lot of tag errors after installing bwp/bws.
There's one also in Ascalons Questpack (it should a <CHRNAME>, if I'm right).
For some mods, anyway, I'm sure how to proceed.
Let's take Haendlermod as an example:
after traying bafs and dialogues you end up in having two different nq@rbad6.tra files. One of just a line (for its respective baf) while the other is dialogue tra file.

#658 -Wanderer-

-Wanderer-

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

For some mods, anyway, I'm sure how to proceed.

I obvisouly meant I'm not sure :(

#659 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

Rename them to nq#rbad6_baf.tra and nq#rbad6_d.tra and use USING in the TP2 to specify which TRA should be used :P

Examples:
COMPILE ~c2/crom/c2anom01.d~
	USING ~c2/american/lolwot.tra~
		  ~c2/%LANGUAGE%/lolwot.tra~
As you can see, multiple TRAs can be specified and WeiDU chooses them from bottom up ;) So if there's some line that's not present in the language TRA, it checks for the line in the american TRA (and if it still can't find the line, it checks the setup.tra :D)

#660 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

Good job on fixing that issue. For some reason, it appeared to be ignored for a while until 10th read and posted on it.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.