Photo

Fixes for the BiG fixpack

• Please log in to reply
1025 replies to this topic

#621 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Just a heads up concerning the BG2 Fixpack.

For stability reasons, you might be better off using this version than manually integrating new fixes into the tp2 on your own.

Using BiG World Fixpack v11 on BG2 Fixpack 9.13 produces the following so I suggest removing these fixes in the next version:

processing fixes for "bg2fixpack"
patching file `bg2fixpack\baf\ar0334.baf'
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to bg2fixpack\baf\ar0334.baf.rej
patching file `bg2fixpack\baf\ar2300.baf'
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to bg2fixpack\baf\ar2300.baf.rej
patching file `BG2fixpack\setup-bg2fixpack.tp2'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 18128.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 18484.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 18813.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 32548 with fuzz 2 (offset 1529 lines).
4 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to BG2fixpack\setup-bg2fixpack.tp2.rej
patching file `bg2fixpack\compile\soa-dlg.d'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 572.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to bg2fixpack\compile\soa-dlg.d.rej

#622 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

I get the following error with BiG World Fixpack v10.3.6 when patching iepbanters_v4:

processing fixes for "iepbanters"

patching file `iepbanters\dialogue\banters.d'
patching file `iepbanters\setup-iepbanters.tp2'
patch: **** malformed patch at line 7: VERSION ~4~

The error isn't written to BiG World Debug.txt.

What the patch wants
-VERSION ~4~
+VERSION ~4 BWP Fix~

what's inside the patch file
VERSION ~4~
+VERSION ~4 BWP Fix~

10th

This little error is still present in BiG World Fixpack v11.

#623 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Leonardo (or maybe Lolorian?)

In this recent (german) thread, it is spoken about 2 bugs in 2 unmaintained mods (Viconia Friendship & Mazzy friendship) : http://kerzenburg.ba...ead.php?t=42147

The problems seems easy enough to patch by the BWFixpack. Leonardo could you make patches for this? There is information in german in that thread for what needs to be replaced and so on. Seems kind of simple.

I should mention that these 2 old simple bugs are important to fix, since they prevent all banters between NPCs. I have had the problems in every BWP game, and thus, I could never take Mazzy or Viconia in Throne of Bhaal. It's time to fix this once and for all :)

#624 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

Viconia's stutter fix is already in the BWPFixpack v11 :D Here's Mazzy's fix :P

... along with pretty much whatever I collected till now (haven't crosschecked whether they're already inside the fixpack though :unsure:) Most of these can be found in Suslik's playthrough thread and in various GitHub repos being updated :cheers: As well as IR's latest hotfixes...

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#625 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

... along with pretty much whatever I collected till now (haven't crosschecked whether they're already inside the fixpack though :unsure:) Most of these can be found in Suslik's playthrough thread and in various GitHub repos being updated :cheers:

Please do not use unpublished GitHub commits as BWP Fixes unless specifically advised to do so.

These are development versions and may suffer from stability issues. While probably fine for personal testing, I wouldn't advise using them in a megamod game.

#626 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

Thank you Lollorian! :D now, we just await a BWfixpack update :)

#627 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

Please do not use unpublished GitHub commits as BWP Fixes unless specifically advised to do so.

These are development versions and may suffer from stability issues. While probably fine for personal testing, I wouldn't advise using them in a megamod game.

Well, what fixes do you want from the github branch?
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#628 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

Well, what fixes do you want from the github branch?

At this time, using the most recent BG2 Fixpack build from GitHub is probably better than using the last official version. Same goes for BG2 Tweaks.

As for aTweaks/RR/WSR, please wait for the official updates and don't use the GitHub builds.

#629 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

Ah sorry about not replying sooner :P

For all it's worth, that's exactly why I didn't upload the latest github commits for aTweaks and RR :D As for the WSR commit, it looked like a genuine fix and it's the first ccommit after 1.05 went final so :unsure:

Lots of beefy stuff on the BG2Fixpack and Tweakpack btw :Bow:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#630 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

As for the WSR commit, it looked like a genuine fix and it's the first ccommit after 1.05 went final so :unsure:

It is a genuine fix. However, having people use that version would cause unnecessary confusion later on in case more changes are added in the next full-fledged release.

The situation is a bit different with the BG2 Fixpack/Tweakpack since we have an intermediate version numbering system in place that allows us to determine which GitHub release people are using by simply glancing at their WeiDU.log. These versions are created specifically with public testing in mind while aTweaks/RR/WSR commits are not. They are published because it's easier for me and Wisp to work together like that, not because we want other people to use unfinished and untested versions of our mods.

#631 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Well, do you think that specific fix should be included in the fixpack? I think it would...
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#632 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

Well, do you think that specific fix should be included in the fixpack? I think it would...

No, because a new release of WSR is imminent.

BTW, without meaning to sound offensive, when a mod author politely asks someone not to release a part of his work that is not intended for public use (yet), it should be enough incentive to stop doing it without any further explanation or justification on the author's part.

Edited by aVENGER, 23 May 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#633 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

BTW, without meaning to sound offensive, when a mod author politely asks someone not to release a part of his work that is not intended for public use (yet), it should be enough incentive to stop doing it without any further explanation or justification on the author's part.

Right, then.

#634 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

The situation is a bit different with the BG2 Fixpack/Tweakpack since we have an intermediate version numbering system in place that allows us to determine which GitHub release people are using by simply glancing at their WeiDU.log.

I've seen most of the patches in the BWPFixpack change the VERSION tag to contain "BWP Fix" or somesuch in it :P I'm with you in that the github repos need to examined and fixes separated from tweaks/new features before being included into the BWPFixpack and will make sure of that when upload stuff - I speak only for myself though :D

Also, there's been no intimation about the upcoming release of the next WSR until you mentioned it just now, so William was kinda right in asking :cheers:

#635 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

I've seen most of the patches in the BWPFixpack change the VERSION tag to contain "BWP Fix" or somesuch in it :P I'm with you in that the github repos need to examined and fixes separated from tweaks/new features before being included into the BWPFixpack and will make sure of that when upload stuff - I speak only for myself though :D

Let me be perfectly clear on this.

As long as a mod is activelly maintained by the author, there is zero reason to release any "unofficial fixes" for his work without his explicit permission. It is the author's sole right to decide when he will update his mod. Ignoring the author's wishes in this matter would be highly disrespectful. It would also be an excellent way to demotivate the author from producing any more work in the future.

Edited by aVENGER, 23 May 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#636 Anarki_Hunter

Anarki_Hunter
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

(This awesome stuff is very complex for me to comprehend and debug)

:crying:

Currently wish to use the Big World Fix Pack, but I am not sure how to proceed. Is there a document or an excel sheet which mentions

Sr.No - mods(arranged in Big World Project mod order) - Fix Pack required (Yes/No) - Time Stamp (when updated with status) - Link

Thanks.

-
Edit

Attached is my Installation Batch, I am all a bit confused :wacko: regarding fix pack.

Attached Files

Edited by Anarki_Hunter, 25 May 2012 - 01:12 AM.

#637 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

Weeelll... no? :D
Just run the batch and you are done.
If you want to know the fixes, look into the folder-structure. You can see the mods that are affected (if they exist in your BG2-folder) and there are a few documents that tell you which fixes are used.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#638 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Attached IR's newest hotfixes (28 May 2012) along with the 2 typos reported by F-man (#1 #2) - there were some items that were exactly identical to those distributed by IRv3 so I removed them :P

Also, I hope a new BWPFixpack is in the works cause the amount of stuff now is TOO DAMN HIGH :woot:

And also, IRv3 seems to need this store fix as well so you guys might wanna add that :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 30 May 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#639 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

IR does not need the store fix with the latest hotfixes.

#640 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

That's awesomer then :D Demi got another hotfix update out meanwhile :P Contains all the typos and new fixes too.

Attached Files