1025 replies to this topic

#581 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

Apparently, not included indeed :D

Nythrun's Ashes of Embers fixes
Fix: here (the monk stuff and the Bola creature thing - the Aerie change would be a tweak imho no? :P)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 21 January 2012 - 09:48 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#582 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

Reporting small hiccups in fixpack with latest fixpack/installpack (small install so not everything) :

Planar Sphere mod :
Spoiler

Tashia

Spoiler

I love the silent updates :Bow: :D
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#583 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Invisible Silver Star Interjection-fu
Fix: here

The SCS ini thing needs to go back into the BWPFixpack :D

Also, hope you guys are following the BG2Fixpack in Github (both aVENGER's and Wisp's branches :P Awesome fix-bashing there)

And finally, the GoG check is still broken or something so William Imm's install.bat helps for GoG peeps :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#584 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

As a side note, I have recently updated my fixed install.bat to fix issues with BGT 1.13, among other fixes.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#585 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

Please add this fix to fix an issue with Infinity Animations and the "Tenya and the Fishermen" quest from BGT being installed together.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#586 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Was a workaround to implement fixes about this http://www.shsforums...nkillable-mobs/ never found?
I guess Miloch will find a way to fix it directly inside BP future version?

I ignored the unkillable (priest?) troll after opening castle de'arnise gates and just met TorGal :crying:
I removed (with SK) the special item that should make him unkillable w/o fire/acid and am about to reload autosave before entering that floor, hoping that will work for now !

I have Jaheira with shapechange to flayer but that doesn't yield xp :<

EDIT: that worked but on some reloads (tough fight when you like running in and not pull 1 by 1 XD) it spawned a red circle invisible (as in no anim for it) creature named Target, was weird but on my final flawless kill it didn't spawn afaik.

Edited by Beleg33, 07 February 2012 - 09:03 PM.

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#587 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

I thought Turambar fixed unkillable trolls in his Tweaks or something. I did fix it inside BP but can't exactly release a patch for that as I did for IA, because it's not as modular; rather it's massive, wholly untested and probably won't even compile in its current state (which was a hybrid between v179 and v180 - I have to account for changes in the latter).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#588 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

I thought Turambar fixed unkillable trolls in his Tweaks or something.

Not yet done. But since it's just a question of scripts being overwritten in the script slots, I should be able to use the DSotSC inactive creature code for them. I could put that into the invalid scripts component.
I don't have much time, though, also because I'm working on DS now, and moreover the uploads are apparently still broken.
Concerning a hotfix, that's probably not easy: you'd risk to "cover" some other script, which could be as important.

edit: Here's sme code to fix torgal. Could you please try to install it and check if it works?
COPY_EXISTING ~torgal.cre~ ~override~
off = INDEX_BUFFER (CASE_INSENSITIVE EXACT_MATCH bpplot)
PATCH_IF %off% > %SCRIPT_CLASS% BEGIN
  DELETE_BYTES off 8
  INSERT_BYTES SCRIPT_CLASS 8
  off=%SCRIPT_CLASS%
END
WRITE_ASCIIT off ~torgal2~
INNER_ACTION BEGIN
  COPY_EXISTING - ~bpplot.bcs~ ~inlined.bcs~
  EXTEND_BOTTOM ~torgal2.bcs~ ~inlined.bcs~
END
BUT_ONLY
IF ~bpplot~
UNLESS ~torgal2~
Other trolls will probably need to be patched differently, since they'll have different scripts.

Could you please help me preparing a list of creatures which need that (I'll need their file name)? TIA

Edited by Turambar, 08 February 2012 - 09:42 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#589 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

IF ~bpplot~ UNLESS ~torgal2~

Shouldn't there be some kind of "THEN" in there? :huh:

Could you please help me preparing a list of creatures which need that (I'll need their file name)? TIA

You did do that at least IIRC, or see also this or this.

I think I accounted for all those but I'm not sure... I guess I could try to diff what I have with the existing v180 but would be difficult as I overhauled a lot.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#590 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

IF ~bpplot~ UNLESS ~torgal2~

Shouldn't there be some kind of "THEN" in there? :huh:

Don't think so... FWIK, COPY supports a list of conditions, which can be IF, UNLESS, BUT_ONLY,...
Actually, that BUT_ONLY could be omitted, because the patches are only applied IF the file needs patching

You did do that at least IIRC, or see also this or this.

I think I accounted for all those but I'm not sure... I guess I could try to diff what I have with the existing v180 but would be difficult as I overhauled a lot.

Thanks for digging out that topic... anyway, I was wondering whether there were other creatures, a part from those trolls and tolgerias... someone talked about tolgerias' helper, whose file name I haven't seen...

Edited by Turambar, 08 February 2012 - 10:07 AM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#591 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Heh I didn't realize I was waking such beast :D , thanks for looking into it (again!) until new BP.

So I should at least expect an immortal Tolgerias and maybe some mod added trolls? I don't remember much of the planar sphere but I guess he pops dialogue at low/1 hp or some event? Would it break stuff if I do the same as Torgal (remove minhp item) for my game?

#592 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Heh I didn't realize I was waking such beast :D , thanks for looking into it (again!) until new BP.

So I should at least expect an immortal Tolgerias and maybe some mod added trolls? I don't remember much of the planar sphere but I guess he pops dialogue at low/1 hp or some event? Would it break stuff if I do the same as Torgal (remove minhp item) for my game?

Not only mod-added trolls... the fixpack makes all trolls which in the vanilla game could be normally killed behave like other trolls (faint and regenerate). All those trolls can be affected by this incompatibility

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#593 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Can I direct a modder to the Finch issue here. She was as I recall easy to rejoin and kickout on previous installs...

There is some other issues discussed in this thread but nothing major.

#594 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Can I direct a modder to the Finch issue here. She was as I recall easy to rejoin and kickout on previous installs...

I'm looking at my BWP install from a while back, and someone added a timer to sufinch.d (sufinchp.dlg) where Lollorian indicated - TimerExpired("SUFinchKickedTimer") See(Player1) etc.

Assuming that's from the BWFixpack and it's still there, the problem may be that it's a local timer. Meaning it's not stored if you save/reload, go to another area etc. If you sat around for a minute, it should work in theory. Changing it to StartGlobalTimer/GlobalTimerExpired might work better. Also adding an option where you can initiate conversation and ask her to rejoin would be good, but offhand I can't say how to do that without looking at the files more.

Edited by Miloch, 20 February 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#595 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Miloch, thank you very much for having a nose.

In my game you can wait for 15 minutes real time and finch won't start rejoin chat. Leaving area and coming back does not help (and yes I was nice to finch).

Changing it to a clickable rejoin and removing the timer would be nice.

Simply giving Finch the Line "Oh my! Its <PCNAME>..."

Then letting the rest of the rejoin chat go ahead would be enough, and fit her dizzy character nicely.

Studying nearinfinity hard... But unsure about how I would go about doing that change myself (let alone for others to enjoy :crying: )

#596 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

I will release the new version of DSotSC quite soon. When I do that, I'll need all fixes for DSotSC to be removed from the BWP Fixpack (I have included it), and also everything which concerns DSotSC to be removed from the Trimpack. I will tell you when I'm about to release it, but I wanted you to know that a bit before.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#597 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Someone will have to decide to become maintainer first.

#598 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

I thought there was Lollorian for the fixpack...

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#599 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

Don't shoot the messenger :ermm:

I just try to be the good samaritan and help out where possible :P I am not (and never was) in charge of anything officially BWP except the Trimpack - whose updates are sketchy with me going on and off :lol:

I've removed the DSotSC stuff from the Trimpack and upped it to its thread :P Won't be taking down the current trimpack because the BWPLinkliste still points to the DSotSC v215 ;)

#600 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

Don't shoot the messenger :ermm:

I just try to be the good samaritan and help out where possible :P I am not (and never was) in charge of anything officially BWP except the Trimpack - whose updates are sketchy with me going on and off :lol:

Well, you have worked quite a lot with the fixpack, so I thought it was you... Is there still someone "in charge" for the Fixpack?

Turambar

vipersig.jpg