• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

Heya folks :cheers:

In the process of whiling my time, I've (hopefully) translated one of the non-english mods in the Linkliste - Mersetek le Joaillier v1. I don't speak French or Spanish, but with two different translators and two languages to cross-check (FRA/SPA), I hope it's correct :P I'm sorry if this required permission of some sort but I couldn't cook up a convincing french request at their forums :( (online translators suck when you don't know the language you're translating into)

Can I ask Leomar or anyone else to ask the mod-authors on my behalf?? :P Please :wub:

Being my first attempt at translating stuff, I think I just needed to translate the mersetek.tra file (the setup.tra only has the cre name so that won't change)

In case you're wondering (from what i've understood from the dialogues) Mersetek is a Rakshasa Gem-dealer found in the pocket plane. He'll buy gems for high prices and sell them cheaply :D (great for recipes)

Attached is the translated .tra :devil: (uploaded again with minor typo-bashing :P) and the readme

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 29 August 2009 - 09:52 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

Yes, Lollorian is right, we updated the BW Installpack and the BW Fixpack with the mentioned fixes in this thread. So we can use and test it with the upcoming "BiG World Setup v8.0". The v8.0.1 or in future v8.0.2, v8.0.3 are only maintanance releases of the different BWP tools. Full releases with updated BWP guides are numbers like v8.1, v8.2 or v9.

Sorry, but for the BWS v8.0 we need a little more time. I think 2-3 days.

Lollorian, because of the translation of Mersetek, it would be the best if you can write a PM to Graoumf. He is a member here at SHS and has updated the mod with the Spanish translation, so he will update the mod with your English translation, too.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

Okey doke :D Will send Graoumf a PM :cheers: Thanks

Ah well, someone in this thread said patience has its rewards :P So, don't mind waitin a wee bit longer :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT: I was bored and translated A service to Oghma v1.1 :D

Attached the 2 .tra's and translated readme ;)

This mod is about a quest for the god of knowledge. Has interjections with Mazzy, Korgan and Jan :D

EDIT2: Updated ThThot.tra with some minor typos :P Sorry bout that

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 30 August 2009 - 04:09 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#4 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:37 AM

Hello,

Mersetek is updated with the english translation. Thanks Lollorian. :)

#5 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:07 AM

And 'Au service d'Oghma' is now available in english, thanks to Lollorian. You can download it here. :cheers:

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:33 AM

And yet another translation :D (I'm on a roll :P) This one's the last for today though - Nanstein, a store mod that can downgrade the various artifacts you find to lower weapons that can be used by other characters :D (Carsomyr by Thieves, Red Dragonscale by Mages etc)

Attached are 3 .tra's :D and the readme :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

(could somebody check the setup.tra?? It has coded bits that will look weird if not properly translated :unsure:)

EDIT: Btw, a small question for Leomar or dabus :P Will the coming BWS take note of the new english translations when i check the "Don't select mods from other languages" option in first dialog box?? Or do we have to download them separately and choose a tactics/expert install to install them?? :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 30 August 2009 - 07:16 AM.

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:15 AM

Maybe the new translations should get split off into another thread, or they'll get buried in this one when it becomes a monster (probably already on its way :ph34r:).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

Haha yeah :P I thought about that when I finished the first one, but at that time, I had no idea I'd be doing 2 more :P

But, I'm done for the week, any new translations would come next sunday :D Anyway, I think only the Tales of Anegh mod's left, i won't be doing NPC translations cause they have different personalities and such that I may not be aware of :D (had a hard time trying to replicate Korgan's accent and Jan's dialog format for the Oghma mod :P)

Anybody wanna go ahead and do Tales of Anegh can start whenever they want :D (maybe we can split the work :D) It's some ~32 MB mod so I'm worried it might take longer than a single sunday :unsure: and I dunno if its even traified :P

PS: I never thanked Graoumf for updating the mods :doh: THANK YOU GRAOUMF!!! :hug:

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 30 August 2009 - 08:32 AM.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:59 AM

Ok, here's the new topic for any english translations I may attempt in my weekends :P (hey, anyone can use this, why only me? :D)

I tried out the BiG World's traify.bat for the first time today and I must say IT IS AWESOME!!! :D There should be a tool for every command in WeiDU in that Installpack :D I never knew decompiling stuff could be so much fun :cheers: <piano falls on head>

Ahem, anyway, the first mod I tried was Mr.Mhoram, an elven bard from Clan Dlan (yeah, an in-game Clan Dlan :D from the far north). Basic NPC stuff, links to the lich-in-the-wall optional quest in the Gate District. First time NPC translation so spare me :crying:

One more guy traified and translated, Bolsa the bag-vendor :D Sells you something that looks radically overpowered :P

Ok, Nanstein's here too! :D

Mhoram -> Attached the .tp2, its 2 setup.tra's, and 2 .d files with their 4 .tra's :D
Bolsa -> Attached the .tp2, its 2 setup.tra's, and 1 .d file with its 2 .tra's :D
Nanstein -> Attached the setup.tra, 2 .tra's and the readme

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 05 September 2009 - 05:30 PM.

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:29 AM

Finished Darron, a rogue store selling items related to ... well, rogues :P The item descriptions are especially great though :D Also includes a mage-only spell on the lines of a spellcaster's Bag o holding :D

Attached: .tp2 with 2 setup.tra's and 2 .d's with 4 .tra's :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

Another one ... a French mod, Mystigan the Merchant. Generic, polite merchant guy with custom items :D

Attached: 2 tra's only

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

#12 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

Could you add the posts you made somewhere in the last BWP-sites?
Just to make your work more glorious. :D
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

Come on :D I'm not the self-glorifying type :P (well, maybe I am, but i won't show it ^_^)

Anyway, they've already been updated, so i guess it wouldn't do any more good if they're shifted here (except Nanstein, i'll move him here right away!! :cheers:)

EDIT: Done and done!!! :D

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 05 September 2009 - 05:31 PM.

#14 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

Another one ... a French mod, Mystigan the Merchant. Generic, polite merchant guy with custom items :D

The mod Mystigan was updated by Akadis on his website, and include the english translation.

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:41 PM

I hate to ask this, since it seems the answer might be "yes," but do any of these merchants sell containers (bags of holding, gem bags, etc.) that I would need to add to Unique Containers?

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

Well, Mersetek the Gem-Dealer has a Gem Bag
The Bolsa mod seems to deal with Bags (cause bolsa==bagz!!! :D)
Darron has a Guarded Dimensional Chest spell thingy.
and finally, Mystigan has tons of containers (3 of each type)

Cheers,
Lol

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:52 AM

Yowser. Do you have links to the full mods?

Also, an admin should move those posts that deal with translation from the BWP thread to this one.

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:33 AM

Everything from da Linkliste :Bow: <choir music>

Mystigan
Mersetek de Joualier

And these aren't translated yet :P
Bolsa
Darron

Cheers,
Lol

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:58 PM

Moved posts from the BWP thread. :) :cheers:

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:41 AM

Hmmm ... This here's Charli - A kinda black market dealer guy (I call him the middleman ;)) Has upgrades for Jan's Flash Launchers and MOAR BAGZ :D (you reading Miloch?? ^_^)

Attached: .tp2 and 2 .tra's, 1 .baf and 1 .d with 2 pairs of .tra's and 2 readmes :cheers:

(Btw, I didn't understand some parts of the main .d tra and the only line in the .baf tra ... Please check :wub:)

EDIT: With the new release of Charli 1.3, I retraified it and retranslated to include the new items and upgrading stuff ;)

Cheers,
Lol

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 18 September 2009 - 10:23 AM.