Videocard doesn't support 640x480

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sjimpie

Sjimpie
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:45 AM

Hi,

I just found out this site after i decided to play baldur's gate again in the waiting time before Dragon Age: Origins. I'm just waiting for the BWP 8.0 setup file and already prepared myself by installing the games and patches. I also downloaded the pdf instruction file. It says its recommend to start the games and do a quicksave before anything else. But thats where i have a problem. My videocard doesn't support 640x480 anymore. So i can't start Baldur's Gate. Is this gonna be a problem for some mods when i'm gonna install BWP 8.0?

btw you guys are doing a real awesome job with this project and i can't wait to play again

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:29 AM

800x600 is running smoothly, above are experimental and made by the developers of the game itself - so these modes are ok, too. If you want other modes, you need the widescreen mod, which patches the executable to alter the supported modes. This may be acting a little bit funny, but it should also work.

So, no problem at all.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:32 AM

...I also downloaded the pdf instruction file. It says its recommend to start the games and do a quicksave before anything else. But thats where i have a problem. My videocard doesn't support 640x480 anymore. So i can't start Baldur's Gate. Is this gonna be a problem for some mods when i'm gonna install BWP 8.0?

You won't be using BG1 so no problem: BiG World Project, and other mega-install methods, use BG2 as the game engine so you won't be limited to the BG1's resolution. With BG2 you can set the resolution to 800x600 and higher; and with the Widescreen Mod you get even more choices.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

Which card is it?
What x * y's does it support? And have you tried to start the game... ps, you should be able to start it in window mode if all else fails. Configurating it to window mode is made from the BGConfig.exe in your game directory. By the way, make sure not to install the Widescreen mod with the BWP, as you should install it manually, if you want some other than the 1650*1050...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Sjimpie

Sjimpie
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

Which card is it?
What x * y's does it support? And have you tried to start the game... ps, you should be able to start it in window mode if all else fails. Configurating it to window mode is made from the BGConfig.exe in your game directory. By the way, make sure not to install the Widescreen mod with the BWP, as you should install it manually, if you want some other than the 1650*1050...

Thx for all the reply's. My videocard is an Ati HD 4870. The lowest resolution is 800x600. I thought it wasn't possible to start BG1 in window mode? But if it doesn't matter that i can't start it up to make some entries for BG1 i have no problem i guess :rolleyes:

BG2 works just fine.