• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#161 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:05 AM

And anyone know what those .bif's from Sjimple's install are?? :ph34r:

They are BG1 mod files, I have all of those and more in my modified Original Saga install.

~SETUP-FOTD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Fields of the Dead
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Angelo Notices Shar-teel: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Coran and the Wyverns: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kivan and Tazok: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections: 7
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections: 7
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod: 4.1
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v2
~SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Happy Party
~SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Level 50 rules
~SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Mage & Bard Spell Progression
~SETUP-BG1TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #6 // Maximum Hit Point
~SETUP-BOW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ranger Cleric Bow Fix

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 September 2009 - 05:06 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#162 Uranium - 235

Uranium - 235
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:24 AM

So after I finished BG1 on BWP7.7 I installed BWP8 for BG2... and uhm.. wow.

Why is my interface BLUE? It looks... okay I guess, except there's some bugs, like the 'options' screens have no backgrounds making it hard to read anything. Also there's no pendulum swing in the corner... also the 'fog of war' looks really old-school BG1 style. Whoops, my config reset and hardware acceleration was off :)

There's also some new special abilities like "Express Friendly". WHat's that all about?

also, the character I used already went through the Candlekeep childhood thing, and I still have 'scribe scrolls', 'boon of lathander' and 'tracking', but I have no 'Defensive Spin' anymore... I guess I can just add it with shadowkeeper though, not a big deal.

While I'm on topic of the interface, I have a question for modders - is it possible to expand the spellbook? With all the custom spells mods add, having only 24 spells per level isn't enough for certain levels. Granted when you pick and choose what you only use, you can reduce it down to around that mount, but the biggest problem I have is with level 6, 7, and 8. THere's a LOT of useful protection spells, and I play a Wild Mage so having an overfull spellbook actually benefits me - that and I love not being able to decide just which method of arcane destruction is the most applicable ;). I know the game KNOWS there's more than 24 spells available (likewise, you can have more memorization slots than are visible), but why can't we just change it so it shows more? That question was answered D:

Edited by Uranium - 235, 07 September 2009 - 05:34 AM.

#163 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:45 AM

Why is my interface BLUE?

~W_GUI/SETUP-W_GUI.TP2~ #1 #0 // W_GUI

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#164 Uranium - 235

Uranium - 235
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hah, I have to laugh. Escaping from Irenicus's Dungeon, by my count, there's 11 NPCs that will join your party (counting Minsc, Imoen, etc.). Not sure how I feel about having Drizzt, it just seems 'broken' somehow. But I like his buddy Wulfgar too much, good replacement for Minsc.

I'd have ditched Moddie too, except she tanked the entire dungeon for me in Greater Werewolf form... :P

EDIT: And there's three more waiting outside! :D

SO on that note, does anyone know where to find a good, good-aligned thief and cleric installed with a Standard install? Preferably NOT one of these ridiculously crappy multiclassed clerics - I have no time for people unable to turn vampires or cast decent spells. And if you say Anomen or Yoshimo I'm going to slap you, I specifically want to avoid those whiners.

Edited by Uranium - 235, 07 September 2009 - 09:56 AM.

#165 czraptor

czraptor
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

what mod adds malmae to windspear hills with the illusion loop?

#166 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

Hah, I have to laugh. Escaping from Irenicus's Dungeon, by my count, there's 11 NPCs that will join your party (counting Minsc, Imoen, etc.). Not sure how I feel about having Drizzt, it just seems 'broken' somehow. But I like his buddy Wulfgar too much, good replacement for Minsc.

I'd have ditched Moddie too, except she tanked the entire dungeon for me in Greater Werewolf form... :P

SO on that note, does anyone know where to find a good, good-aligned thief and cleric installed with a Standard install? Preferably NOT one of these ridiculously crappy multiclassed clerics - I have no time for people unable to turn vampires or cast decent spells. And if you say Anomen or Yoshimo I'm going to slap you, I specifically want to avoid those whiners.

According to my count there can theoretically be up to 17 characters inside of Chateau Irenicus. Of course some of those mods aren't included in the BWP, but it is still fun to think about.

There are only two pure classed good clerics in BG2 mods that I can find Biddekelorak and Branwen who are both in the temple district. Alissa is a neutral one found in Breman(Region of Terror area).

For pure classed good thieves your choices are Amber(Government district) or Selence(Waukeen's Promenade).

Note: I make no guarantees on whether these characters are present in your game as I am too lazy to check to see what mods are considered part of the standard install.

#167 czraptor

czraptor
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Anyone able to help on the malmae addition to firkraag's lair, I cannot find what mod this is from and am stuck in the illusion.

#168 Uranium - 235

Uranium - 235
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

According to my count there can theoretically be up to 17 characters inside of Chateau Irenicus. Of course some of those mods aren't included in the BWP, but it is still fun to think about.

There are only two pure classed good clerics in BG2 mods that I can find Biddekelorak and Branwen who are both in the temple district. Alissa is a neutral one found in Breman(Region of Terror area).

For pure classed good thieves your choices are Amber(Government district) or Selence(Waukeen's Promenade).

Note: I make no guarantees on whether these characters are present in your game as I am too lazy to check to see what mods are considered part of the standard install.

Hey thanks! A quick check in DLCP suggests that they do indeed exist (or at least.... someone with their names :))

#169 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

Can someone clarify what is with the error on Secret of Bonehill .... it is something to worry about game not working in that area or if it is possible to get the missing file and put it manually in game files ?
ERROR: BIFF [D:\BGII - SoA\CD3\/DATA/AREA130B.BIF]: unable to extract-copy file 6
[AM1304N.WAV] --biff-get error: Failure("read 0 of 8 bytes from [D:\\BGII - SoA\\CD3\\/DATA/AREA130B.BIF]")

BoneHill forum seems dead :(

Thank you !

Attached Files

Edited by neutrowave, 07 September 2009 - 11:29 PM.

#170 EBlonsky

EBlonsky
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:48 AM

Hi All:
hope everyone had a great weekend.

Back to Baldur's.

I ran BiG World Setup 8.0 late last week.  I was under the impression that it was like one-stop shopping, but perhaps I got lost in all the threads here.  I was under the impression that it would pull in all the mods, open and install them.

What it did was update the addresses and download all the mods, then it opened them into my SoA-II file.  (It did not install them, it just downloaded and prepped for setup.  Hence my confusion over BGT and the absence of any Weigu logs, etc.)

Today, I initiated the Big World Install.bat (I assume this was the next step), and it opened a pair of cmd.exe windows: one was the Fixpack v8.0, which began "processing fixes for 'ascension.'"   The other window was Big World\_utils\patch.exe.  That was about 4 hours ago, and nothing (apparently) has happened.  

A couple of quick (dumb) questions: I know the process could take a matter of hours, but how do I know if it's frozen? (According to Window Task Manager it is running).  Was there something else I was supposed to do?

:wacko:

Edited by EBlonsky, 08 September 2009 - 06:50 AM.

#171 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:13 AM

This can happen if...
you run vista, put the game into the default location and have UAC still activated
you have your security software still active
weidu did not update itself properly.

So tell us what' the last 30 lines of the BiG World Debug.txt so we don't have to use ou magic eightball. :)

Just to make sure: Did the BWS exit and told you that it's done, thank you and nothing happened or did the CMD-dialog appear? And what's your OS and your OSLang? Have you been running the script with admin-rights?

Edited by dabus, 08 September 2009 - 08:16 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#172 EBlonsky

EBlonsky
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

This can happen if...
you run vista, put the game into the default location and have UAC still activated
you have your security software still active
weidu did not update itself properly.

So tell us what' the last 30 lines of the BiG World Debug.txt so we don't have to use ou magic eightball. :)

Just to make sure: Did the BWS exit and told you that it's done, thank you and nothing happened or did the CMD-dialog appear? And what's your OS and your OSLang? Have you been running the script with admin-rights?

Thanks for your help!!

No, it's still "running" even as we speak.  I remember a post saying not to stop it or close the window, while it was still open, so I thought I'd ask the braintrust what the least destructive way of exiting is.  I can still move the windows around the desktop, so my computer is not frozen.

I do have Vista, but the game is not in the default.  It is in C:\Gaming\Black Isle\  etc.  Which has always worked before, with the exception of a recent install with corrupted data.  This install (of BG & BGII is older and clean as far as I know).  

My security system is disabled for all of my gaming files.  I honestly wasn't aware of UAC until you meantioned it and I googled it to find out what it was.  Apparently I can turn it off but it re-boots by system (makes sense).  

Below is my BiG World Debug.

How should I proceed (closing stalled cmd.exe with minimum residual damage, etc, and trying to reinstall...)

You have done the following settings:
       Game:
       entire BWP with BG1 and BG2
       Version:
       Standard with Tactic
       Language:
       english only
       Widescreen-Mod:
       not selected
       Test:
       passed
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\bg2tweaks_without_Saerileth_input.txt
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\bg2tweaks_with_Saerileth_input.txt
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\BiG World Fixpack.bat
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\BiG World Smoothpack.bat
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\BiG World Textpack.bat
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\BP-BGT-Worldmap_input.txt
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\c#ajantis_sva_input.txt
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\level1npcs_without_Druid_Remix_input.txt
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\level1npcs_with_Druid_Remix_input.txt
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\StuffofTheMagi_input_S.txt
C:\Gaming\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Big World Smoothpack\_modify\StuffofTheMagi_input_T.txt
       11 file(s) moved.
        1 dir(s) moved.
        1 dir(s) moved.
.\BiG World Fixpack\_resfixer_v1\setup-res_fixer.tp2
.\BiG World Fixpack\_resfixer_v1\res_fixer\lib\fj_cre_eff_v2.tpp
.\BiG World Fixpack\_resfixer_v1\res_fixer\lib\fj_cre_reindex.tpp
.\BiG World Fixpack\_resfixer_v1\res_fixer\lib\fj_cre_validity.tpp
.\BiG World Fixpack\_resfixer_v1\res_fixer\lib\fj_spl_itm_reindex.tpp
5 File(s) copied
.\BiG World Fixpack\_songlist_patch\setup-BGTMusic_w_Songlist.tp2
1 File(s) copied
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\ACTION.IDS
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\ACTSLEEP.IDS
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\Animate.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\ANISND.IDS
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\AreaType.IDS
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\damages.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\Gender.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\GTIMES.IDS
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\happy.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\INSTANT.IDS
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\moraleai.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\MusicList.IDS
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\nodecode.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\OBJECT.IDS
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\Projectl.IDS
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\race.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\shoutids.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\slots.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\soundoff.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\Spell.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\state.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\stats.ids
.\BiG World Fixpack\_ids\TRIGGER.IDS
       23 file(s) copied.

Leonardo's BiG World Fixpack v8.0
                     ---------------------------------
processing fixes for "ascension"

MANY THANKS!!

Edited by EBlonsky, 08 September 2009 - 09:34 AM.

#173 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

Your system denies the patch-programm to work.
Don't know what you've got there, but just try to run the Install-Batch again.
If it still does not install, search for other programs that may block it.

#174 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:02 PM

Mayhaps it would be great if someone could link to all the known problems and their fixes in a separate thread called "BWP 8 - Known bugs". Or maybe use this thread :P So that it becomes easier for Leomar or anyone to just check one thread instead of browsing through 10 pages of this monster thread :devil:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#175 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hi ,

I found a bug with the items sold by a merchant near cow stable in friendly arm inn , that is : the items cost 0 and they are blank except scimitars , after you buy them you cannot remove them from inventory :(

#176 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

Please do a changelog of CMMER03.sto, CMMER04.sto, CMMER05.sto, and if it exists ... CMMER06.sto and post in a new separate thread. :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#177 Sjimpie

Sjimpie
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

I tryed a total new install today. I installed BG + Totsc, BGII + ToB patched them and started a tactical install. Only problem is my install is hanging at some point. My hdd doesn't show activity anymore and the last update from the Big world debug.txt file is from 1,5 hours ago.

I hope you guys can help me out, but i'm afraid i have to install everything all over again... :wacko:

Attached File  Weidu.log   11.99K   222 downloadsAttached File  Big_World_Debug.zip   786.64K   240 downloads

#178 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:52 AM

I tryed a total new install today. I installed BG + Totsc, BGII + ToB patched them and started a tactical install. Only problem is my install is hanging at some point. My hdd doesn't show activity anymore and the last update from the Big world debug.txt file is from 1,5 hours ago.

I hope you guys can help me out, but i'm afraid i have to install everything all over again... :wacko:

Attached File  Weidu.log   11.99K   222 downloadsAttached File  Big_World_Debug.zip   786.64K   240 downloads

I think your problem appeared because weidu can't update a mod correctly - Cloakwood squres . I had a similar problem but with a different mod, allison. I had to delete it before starting the install to solve the problem. So begin a new fresh install, but before you do that delete setup-CWS and everything related to that mod from the game folder.

Edit: Or better yet if you start everything from scratch deselect with the BWS the mod at the beginning of the installation.

Edited by dreamer2007, 10 September 2009 - 07:04 AM.

#179 Sjimpie

Sjimpie
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:05 AM

I think your problem appeared because weidu can't update a mod correctly - Cloakwood squres . I had a similar problem but with a different mod, allison. I had to delete it before starting the install to solve the problem. So begin a new fresh install, but before you do that delete setup-CWS and everything related to that mod from the game folder.

Edit: Or better yet if you start everything from scratch deselect with the BWS the mod at the beginning of the installation.

Ok thx for the help to bad i don't have time to install everything again today and for some time... Maybe this weekend. I'll redownload the file. It has worked before..

Edit: the strange thing is that if i click the setup-CWS.exe now in the install folder it works just fine..

Edited by Sjimpie, 10 September 2009 - 07:09 AM.

#180 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

The installpack replaces all setup-X.exe with a fresh weidu-copy. And yes, 1sylm-setup does not fit with the setup-X.exe structure. ;)
I am not sure if something went wrong, since I can't see Fixpack entries at the top of the BWP.log, although the weidu contains them.
Also, if you can do some editing, you can safe your time and just remove the mods that are done till now.

Go to the marker :BWSStart, remove all stuff until the 1sylm. Keep

ECHO.1>1
ECHO.2>2
ECHO.3>3
ECHO.4>4
ECHO.5>5
type NUL> "Start BW Install.nul"

though.

Start the Batch again and select like you did before.

Edited by dabus, 10 September 2009 - 07:15 AM.