Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v8.0

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#241 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:11 PM

Don't edit and run the BWS. The BWS will always unpack everything anew, so your changes would be lost.
Edit, make a copy, run the BWS, wait for its end-message and then replace the batch with your copy.

I seeeee, hence the need for the pause-command :)

#242 --Anonymous--

--Anonymous--

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

So, I just (mid-install, no less) noticed a glaring omission in the BWP. It doesn't include Dungeon-Be-Gone. Is there any particular reason for that? It surely wouldn't break the game entirely in conjunction with other mods, though it can certainly break a few individual mods (e.g. Chloe, since you'd miss the chance to recruit her).

Poor Jassy, gettin' no love. :P

#243 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

@Anonymous Guest: Imho, Dungeon-be-Gone doesn't work for BGT games, only for games started in BGII. And since the BGT is the core on which the BWP is built on ... Jassy no get no lovin till he show up in BGT ^_^

@Milandir: Ooooh, you're a cheeky fella ^_^ Adding the "pause" isn't actually necessary (I add it only to run the mod kit remover before proceeding further :P)

But, when you run the BWS and it finishes downloading all the mods, it unpacks all the mods again. This includes the BiG World InstallPack 8.0.1.7z (which contains the install.bat :D) So, whatever changes you did to the bat before running the BWS would get overwritten since a fresh copy (not edited by you) gets extracted again from the archive.

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 14 September 2009 - 04:57 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#244 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

You can find up to 17 people in the dungeon, start NEJ2 from there, have some quests (like the Iyllich and other stuff, if I'm not mistaken) -- so you could easily ruin a _lot_ of mods by installing dbg.
I think that was the main reason not to include dbg.

Edited by dabus, 14 September 2009 - 10:49 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#245 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

You can find up to 17 people in the dungeon, start NEJ2 from there, have some quests (like the Iyllich and other stuff, if I'm not mistaken) -- so you could easily ruin a _lot_ of mods by installing dbg.
I think that was the main reason not to include dbg.

I don't think so, cause the fella that comes to talk to the PC, does ask if you wish to leave or not, what might be bad is that the dialog strings get's messed up easily, apparently.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#246 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

It worked :) Changed the .bat when running (after the prompt for the select your language etc).

I'm now in Naskel mines, and boy does it stutter... Any suggestions other than the ones described in a post somewhere here (can't be bothered to look it up now, sorry)?

Thanks again for all the continuous support guys!

#247 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:54 AM

Read the FAQ. It covers some stutter-issues.

#248 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:52 PM

Read the FAQ. It covers some stutter-issues.

Those were the ones I was referring to :(

#249 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

So an import into ToB did not help?
Getting rid of items, killing your party, adding debugging-messages for triggers and all that stuff?

Edited by dabus, 15 September 2009 - 12:59 PM.

#250 shinino

shinino
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

I don't do BWP Installpack. ;)

The reason I started the BWS was to be able to select components, and you can't do that the way the batch is build now.

Is there any particular reason this /has/ to be installed on the C drive? I ask because I try to keep my C drive as clean as possible (for Windows) and have all my games on D.

#251 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

No, there is no reason.
The only one is that the installpack-batch does try to install BGT from the default-path, which is C:\FOLDERNAME and a lot of noobs had problems when the installer asked them for the install-path if the installed it at another folder and it was not recognized.

Edited by dabus, 15 September 2009 - 10:06 PM.

#252 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:34 PM

Any suggestions other than the ones described in a post somewhere here ?

Not that I am aware of... that's why the list it there, if I get any more revolutionary fixes, I tend to add them... <_< -_-

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#253 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:23 AM

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 21100
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
WARNING: unable to open [temp/0/UNINSTALL.0]: Sys_error("temp/0/UNINSTALL.0: Permission denied")
Will be unable to UNINSTALL later.
ERROR: Sys_error("temp/0/ARGS.0: Permission denied")
PLEASE email the file nul to me
Automatically Skipping [creature offset checker] because of error.

This appeared in my big world debug.txt between the final step of big world fixpack and beginning of big world smoothpack
This error could mess my install ?

I think it should be like this in the same place : (from another good big world debug.txt)

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 21100
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"

Installing [creature offset checker]
Copying and patching 1 file ...

Zeroed effects offset in [amber\creatures\m#yclbm1.cre]

Zeroed effects offset in [amber\creatures\m#ycmcm1.cre]

......................................................................................

Zeroed effects offset in [TheUndying\cremod\SLGUARD2.cre]

Zeroed effects offset in [TheUndying\cremod\SLMAGE1.cre]

Zeroed effects offset in [TheUndying\cremod\TAZOK.cre]

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED creature offset checker

Thx

I've managed to solve this error by deleting the content of temp folder before starting big world install.bat ... guess it would be nice if BWS could delete the content of temp folder on restoring step

#254 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:28 AM

Interesting thing to know. Thanks :cheers:

I used to get these errors in me last BWP and I always reinstalled BGI/II, redownloaded the mods and started again <_< Apparently, I wasted plenty of hours of my life just by not deleting my temp folder :P

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#255 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:43 AM

BWS does delete all files that did not exist when it does a restore of the backup.
I these files existed when you did the backup, this may happen. That's why you should have a clean install.
If you deleted the weidu.log, it cannot detect if mods are installed and continues with the installation.
(I hope that I did not move the weidu.log somewhere in the script. :huh: )

Or did happen something else?

Edited by dabus, 16 September 2009 - 09:02 AM.

#256 shinino

shinino
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

So I have everything installed, but when I try to do an update I get one of the following two messages:

Archive BWS_Linkupdates-20090902_0.7z could not be found at http://kerzenburg.ni...=downloadlatest.
The desired page could not be loaded.
Are you connected with the internet?
The update process for the current links is cancelled.

or

A test (ping) to verify you are connected to the internet failed.
The update process is cancelled.

However, if I manually go to the URL above, it automatically tries to download the .7z file. So, first, why is this happening, and second, is there a way to manually install the .7z file I can download?

#257 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

Click

#258 shinino

shinino
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:44 PM

Made those changes, and still having problems. I get to the end of downloading (after testing and it finds everything) to get this:

The following mod(s) could not be downloaded:
BiG World Setup - URL Updates: The Mod itself (BWS_Linkupdates-20090902_0.7z)
BiG World Setup - URL Updates: Additional mods ()
BiG World Setup - URL Updates: Translations and sounds ()

And the following error.

Line 290 (File "D:\Games\BGII - SoA\BiG World setup\Includes\11_NET.au3"):
_Process_SetScrollLog(_IniRead($ReadSection, 'Name', $Fault[$f][0])&':'&$Hint &' ('&_IniRead($ReadSection, $Prefix[$Type]&'Save',")&')'&$Mark)
_Process_SetScrollLog(_IniRead($ReadSection, 'Name', $Fault[$f][0])&':'&$Hint &' ('&_IniRead($ReadSection, ^ ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

(Edit) Included the latest Log File. I'm probably just missing something silly, but hey.

Attached Files

Edited by shinino, 16 September 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#259 shinino

shinino
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:57 PM

Something else I'm seeing when you select the mods, pre-download, is that there's a handful of the grey 'Expert' mods that just say 'Manual'. Are these needing to be manually downloaded because there's no URL available, or what?

#260 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:19 AM

All the "Manual" mods are either included within another mod, or they are unavailable in the net :unsure: and you can only install em if you have them from before they were taken off the net :cheers: (only 4 of them though)

Cheers,
Lol