Photo

Planescape Torment Spell Glitches

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andkat

Andkat
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

So I've recently become a Mage in Planescape Torment, and have been trying out the spells initially available to the Nameless One. In doing so, I've encountered several a pretty considerable graphical problem. Whenever I cast Chromatic Orb, or whenever the effects for Armor/Shield dissipate, my screen begins to flicker and the game slows down drastically. The game returns to normal after the spell is complete or the effect disappears, but it's still extremely irritating and disorienting.

I have an nVidia 8600 GT. As per this guide I installed this nVidia fixer before starting my current game. Has anyone experienced this issues before and, if so, how might one resolve them? I've tried disabling hardware acceleration, and while it seems to resolve this issue it does introduce that of cursor artifacts, so I'm wondering if there are any solutions that don't otherwise adversely impact the game to a noticeable degree (or any means of resolving both issues at once).

Edited by Andkat, 28 June 2009 - 09:32 AM.

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

Have you searched the forum or look down for other threads? There are some PS:T gamers who reported graphic spell issues, too. Perhaps it could help you.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#3 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:27 AM

THere's an DLL in the sticky that fixes the mosue flickering problem. I don't know if it works tho, I own an ATi card.

As for me, as I said I own an ATi card but I got the same issues as NVidia users. I used the Microsoft Application Compatiblity Toolkits 'force direct draw emultion' option instead of disabling hardware acceleration, it's more convinient. See the sticky for more details on ACT .

You either have to live with the mouse trails or with spell slowdowns - I myself don't care for the trails, I got used to them.

Edited by Asceran, 29 June 2009 - 07:28 AM.