Photo

Planescape Torment - Assertion Error in Siege Tower

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

I cannot enter the Siege Tower anymore in the Lower Wards. The Game will crash after loading the area. Also, I can not load my savegame inside the Siege Tower anymore, I get a CTD as soon as it finished loading the area.

I just reinstalled the game with all the mods because I got exactly the same error when trying to enter a house in the Buried City. These assertion erros keep piling up :o

Posted Image

I already edited the ini and cleaned the cache and temp folders, but that didn't worked.

Installed Mods (in that order):
Patch V1.1
Widescreen Mod 2.1 (1280x720)
Qwinns Fixpack
Qwinns UB
Qwinns Tweak Mod
Ghostdogs UI (1280x720)

EDIT: I reinstalled it again and it still crashes when entering/loading the Siege Tower. dang :( BUT! I loaded a savegame from hours ago and it worked! If there's anyway to fix that assertation error that would be awesome, because the workign savegame is reaaaaally old.

Edited by Asceran, 27 June 2009 - 04:18 PM.

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

It sounds like you reinstalled the Widescreen mod at some point after those saves were made, changing the resolution. This is a bad thing to do. Resetting the resolution to whatever it was when you saved those games *should* fix the issue, can't guarantee it though.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 27 June 2009 - 07:39 PM.

#3 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:59 AM

Hmmm sadly, this isn't the case. I did not change the resolution. But thanks for the help Qwinn. The only thing I installed before the errors occured was the Tweak Pack. Also, I only installed the Nordom and Stackable Rings Tweaks. That said, it crashed with the tweaks installed and without so I don't think the tweaks are teh cause of the problem.

Before I reinstalled the game, the only CTD I got when I was trying to entering a house in Buried Village. After reinstalling my Siege Tower savegames failed on me too, this is very odd.

Guess I have no other choice as to load that older savegame from 8h ago. I do hope I never run into an assertion error again... :/

Edited by Asceran, 28 June 2009 - 06:59 AM.

#4 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Hmm. For the record, uninstalling the Stackable Items tweak most definitely -can- and in fact probably will make older save games unplayable. I didn't think installing it midgame would cause a problem, but I can't think of anything that could cause the issues you're having. I wonder if it isn't something to do with the stores, which the Stackable component DOES touch. That seems a likely culprit to me, actually.

Qwinn

#5 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:15 AM

That may be so, because the Siege Tower is in fact a store, as well as the old woman in the buried villge who sells needles and a cheap glass eye.

But appearently it works now. I have been using that older savegame ever since and I did not run into these assertition problems again.

My memory could fail me but I think I reinstalled the tweaks once. Maybe that corrupted the savegames. Hmm yes that may well be so, as I installed and uninstalled the alternative costums for morte and annah - but I did not saved or after that. Might be mistaken tho.

Edited by Asceran, 29 June 2009 - 07:24 AM.

#6 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

Reinstalling a tweak shouldn't cause any problem... so don't feel you can't touch -other- tweaks because the weidu process reinstalls them. That shouldn't cause a problem. It would only potentially be a problem if you out and out uninstalled or freshly installed the tweak in question mid-game.

Qwinn