PsT Spells -> Graphic Corruption

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hi :)

I have a problem similiar to http://www.shsforums...p;hl=PsT spells , but I do NOT own an Nvidia Graphics Card.
When I cast a spell the area effect of becomes pixelated at the end of the spell's animation. On this picture... (or see attachment):

Posted Image

... you can clearly see what I mean.  Enabling Software Blitting and Transparency fixed it - if it weren't for the fact that enabling Software Blitting will reduce the average FPS to 4 - pretty much unplayable.

Here are my specs:
Core 2 Duo
Asus P5Q Pro Mainboard
Radeon HD 4870 GPU
Realtek ALC Onboard Sound / Audigy 2
2Gb Ram, 1066.

I am running Windows Vista 32bit. I have installed the WS Mod, UI Mod from Ghostdog and UB/Fixpack from Qwinn.

EDIT: I tried to install the Nvidia DLL Fix of the Sticky, but it didn't help.

Attached Images

• Trmnt001.png

Edited by Asceran, 16 June 2009 - 11:57 AM.

#2 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

I looked through biggs nvidia sticky again and used the methods described in http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=432892 to fix the problem - and it worked. With the help of the Application Combatibility Toolkit I could fix this problem, but now I have that nasty mouse trail bug (the dll in the sticky does not work for me since I got an ATi GPU). But that's way better than pixelated spells, so I can live with that :D

#3 -Rafner-

-Rafner-

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

I have the exact same problem, though the fix mentioned in the post above didn't help me. If I turn on all three Software options while in PST the issue dissapears, but then the game runs at something like 3 FPS. For some reason I can't change the 3D-acceleration options in neither Dxdiag or in the "Graphic properties menu"...

I should also mention that I have an ATI Radeon 4870 graphic card, so the Nvidia dll-fix wont work either.

Oh what should I do? This is really ruining my otherwise loveable first time experience with this game.

#4 -Rafner-

-Rafner-

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

Rafner again here. Apperently the fix above DID work (to some degree). I had chosen to run the game in XP Compability mode, when I turned that off the Application Toolkit-fix began having effect. Though now I'm having problems with mouse trails while in menus. Has anyone found a cure for this?

Regards

#5 Asceran

Asceran
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:55 AM

There is no fix for the mouse trails. THis can only be fixed with the above mentioned dll if you own a nvidia gpu.

You have to live with teh mouse trails. After a while you won't notice them anymore, believe me :)

#6 -Rafner-

-Rafner-

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:06 AM

There is no fix for the mouse trails. THis can only be fixed with the above mentioned dll if you own a nvidia gpu.

You have to live with teh mouse trails. After a while you won't notice them anymore, believe me :)

Yeah they weren't that irritating and I got used to them. Finished the game two days ago and all I can say is: Awsome! One of the best games I've had the opportunity to enjoy.