Photo

BiG World Setup

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#161 Martin27

Martin27
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

If you banish a NPC so they leave for ever, is there any way at all to get them back in your party? I sended the bg2 Kivan to search on his wife alone, and now i would like to welcome him back, but he is lost in the game for ever correct?

I cant find a better thread for this.

#162 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

I cant find a better thread for this.

Well, you could have always continued this thread... and perhaps edit it a bit... but either way.

If you banish a NPC so they leave for ever, is there any way at all to get them back in your party? I sended the bg2 Kivan to search on his wife alone, and now i would like to welcome him back, but he is lost in the game for ever correct?

It depends a bit, if the character walked away, you need to CLUAConsole them back in if they didn't say they'll wait you somewhere, but gaining the .cre code is a bit tricky though... if I'll find it, I'll post it.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 October 2009 - 12:02 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#163 raphaelem

raphaelem
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:37 AM

Hi people, one question about the installation. The TWEAKS must bem installed, one after one, AFTER using the BigWorldSetup program so they could be installed with the right options as we see in the screenshot below or can they be automated installed by the BigWorldSetup ? Tks
BG2_Tweks_v8.JPG

#164 Drewkey

Drewkey
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:47 AM

Hi people, one question about the installation. The TWEAKS must bem installed, one after one, AFTER using the BigWorldSetup program so they could be installed with the right options as we see in the screenshot below or can they be automated installed by the BigWorldSetup ? Tks
BG2_Tweks_v8.JPG

Look at section 23.4 - There BigWorldSetup Installs some more components from this mod.
There's a fine line between Genius and Madness... And I'm sure I could find it if my space hamster hadn't hidden my glasses.

#165 raphaelem

raphaelem
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:17 AM

I think you misunderstood me, I want to know if the TWEAKS can usually be entrusted under the BigWorldSetup automated installation or I must install it after the BWSetup since you can not chose what DO you install or DO NOTinstall, and by the BWPv8.1.pdf file they look very complex so they could crash something inside. Cya...

#166 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:18 AM

I think you misunderstood me, I want to know if the TWEAKS can usually be entrusted under the BigWorldSetup automated installation or I must install it after the BWSetup since you can not chose what DO you install or DO NOTinstall, and by the BWPv8.1.pdf file they look very complex so they could crash something inside. Cya...

Just tell us what you wish to install, and we'll tell you how to do so.

#167 raphaelem

raphaelem
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

Mr. Jarno tells:"Just tell us what you wish to install, and we'll tell you how to do so."
Pls read my post before, it is very clear. Bye.

Edited by raphaelem, 02 November 2009 - 06:26 AM.

#168 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

Pls read my post before, it is very clear. Bye.

I am asking which component you wish to install... as you should know, certain mod components need to be installed in different orders, and some may exclude others, like say the Unlimited Ammo Stacking(from BG2 Tweakpack mod), which if you wish to install, you need to remove the Mixmods counter parts among other things...

Now, of course the default options are installed during the default BiG World Install, so you do not need to restart anything, as the BiG World Install.bat can run, and will run the same mods install multiple times. Now if you wish to modify the chosen components though, it's a bit more tricky thing...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 02 November 2009 - 06:59 AM.

#169 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:07 AM

The BWS does not change the batch. If you have checked the mod one of three times, the BWS will download the mod, extract it and start the BiG World Install.bat, which will then install all three parts. You will have to edit the batch just before the start to fit your needs.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#170 raphaelem

raphaelem
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

dabus Posted Yesterday, 02:07 PM
The BWS does not change the batch. If you have checked the mod one of three times, the BWS will download the mod, extract it and start the BiG World Install.bat, which will then install all three parts. You will have to edit the batch just before the start to fit your needs.

Tks guy, when I was installating the mod were setup OK till the end , and at the final mods, like "widescreen mod" after comes the generating_biff mod that which try to create more space in the HDisk, well, the computer turned off and 24 hours of installing were lost, :blink: , but the games seems like it can be played, but answering dabus, I have not "editted any batch just before the start" I think it is automated, tks anyway.

#171 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:35 AM

Sure it's automated. We just thought that you wanted to set these "right options" to your preferred settings...
The biffing is done tp speed up the game...

Edited by dabus, 03 November 2009 - 01:42 AM.

#172 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:10 AM

I usually setup BG2 in "C:\Games\bgt", and put all biffs from "CD1-CD5" rigth into "C:\Games\bgt\data" and "C:\Games\bgt\Movies", changing aliases appropriately. When I start BWS, it says the folder must be named nothing but "BGII - SoA" and that it can't find "CD5\Movies\25Movies.bif". Can this be changed for greater flexibility?

#173 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:40 AM

I usually setup BG2 in "C:\Games\bgt", and put all biffs from "CD1-CD5" rigth into "C:\Games\bgt\data" and "C:\Games\bgt\Movies", changing aliases appropriately. When I start BWS, it says the folder must be named nothing but "BGII - SoA" and that it can't find "CD5\Movies\25Movies.bif". Can this be changed for greater flexibility?

Not really, the cause is that there are few mods that need the " - SoA" end, soo for flexibility, why not change your approach.

Of course you can leave out the C:\Games\BGII - SoA\CD2-CD5, if you wish, but you'll need the files from the CD2-CD5 to be in the normal data folder, with the movie.bifs(Movies.bif, MovIntro.bif, MovCD3.bif...) to be contained in the 'movies' folder. And then still have the baldur.ini like this:

[Alias]
HD0:=C:\Games\BGII - SoA\
CD1:=C:\Games\BGII - SoA\
CD2:=C:\Games\BGII - SoA\
CD3:=C:\Games\BGII - SoA\
CD4:=C:\Games\BGII - SoA\
CD5:=C:\Games\BGII - SoA\;G:\CD5\

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 November 2009 - 10:57 PM.

#174 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:01 AM

Huh?

The alias is always read out. So doing a copy should be okay.

$BG2AliasDir=IniRead($g_BG2Dir & '\baldur.ini', 'Alias', 'CD5:', $g_BG2Dir&'\CD5\')

My Test-Install looks as follows and it's working. The warning about the name is displayed, but I can continue.

[Alias]
HD0:=L:\Games\Big World Project\BiG World Mirror\
CD1:=L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD1\
CD2:=L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD2\;L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD2\
CD3:=L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD3\
CD4:=L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD4\
CD5:=L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD5\;L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD5\

Edited by dabus, 08 November 2009 - 10:03 AM.

#175 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

[Alias]
CD2:=L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD2\;L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD2\
CD5:=L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD5\;L:\Games\Big World Project\BGII - SvA\CD5\

Why do you direct the game twice to the exact same directory? I would ... remove the extras, and add the CD image patch to the CD5...
Like this:
[Alias]
HD0:=C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\
CD1:=C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\CD1\
CD2:=C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\CD2\
CD3:=C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\CD3\
CD4:=C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\CD4\
CD5:=C:\BWP\BGII - SoA\CD5\;G:\CD5\

That might of course require me to unmount the image when installing the mods...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 November 2009 - 10:55 PM.

#176 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hey, it's not mine that's not working. :D

#177 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:51 AM

Greetings,

I want your opinion on the viability of the following installation. If it doable, please point me to the correct installation order. Thanks in advance! :wub:

Ascension (I know it is in BPv179)
Shadows over Soubar
The Darkest Day
BPv179
Redemption
Improved Volcano! Pack
Improved banter and generally romance enhancer mods

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#178 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

I want your opinion on the viability of the following installation. If it doable, please point me to the correct installation order. Thanks in advance! :wub:

Just run the program, and it will give you one! :devil:
It will be viable as long as all the mods are in the Minimal-Standard-Recomended-Tactical installs, not in the expert, as that's the bug ridden possible mod compilation.

You also need the Worldmap mod, the BiG World stuff(Fixpack, install pack, setup), and the BG2 Fixpack. But the Setup should download those automatically.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 November 2009 - 03:00 AM.

#179 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:23 AM

Thank you oh mighty imp! :Bow:

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#180 Orcman

Orcman
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:22 AM

quick question im using big world and my party which is lvl 1 are in Nashkel Mines and noticed kobolds gives no xp , commandos give some xp but normal kobolds give zero xp

is this normal?