Photo

BiG World Setup

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#141 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

What was written in this line? Did you delete an empty one of was it the same BWS-URLUpdate.exe error?
BWS-URLUpdate.exe - 1111111.... and so on? Just in case you remember.

Edited by dabus, 16 September 2009 - 11:26 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#142 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

The same BWS-Update=1111... as you mentioned.
I hope everything will be fine now. Yesterday it failed because it didn't detect ToB correctly all the time.

#143 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

Well, you managed to come this far, so what did you change then? Any tweaking of the BWS-code involved? What was the message?

By the way, I think I know why this URL-Update did not work: The Kerzenburg-forum changed it's domain and the link is not found any more... If I look at the downloads that are missing, all are from the Kerzenburg, so that's the reason.

Please change the Kerzenburg-Downloads to the new adress.
Open BiG World Setup\Config\Mod.ini.
Replace kerzenburg.nightisforum.de with kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu.

In Includes\11_Net.au3, change line 442:

Old:
$UpdateURL ='http://kerzenburg.ni...=downloadlatest'

New:
$UpdateURL = IniRead($g_MODIni, 'BWS-URLUpdate.exe', 'Down', 'http://kerzenburg.ba...=downloadlatest')

That should do it...

Edited by dabus, 27 September 2009 - 04:52 AM.

#144 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

For that problem of not finding ToB, it was a problem with the mod installers themselves.
I did a reïnstall of BG2/ToB which fixed it. Probably did something wrong during install.

Afterwards, BWS did not detect BG2 correctly. I had it in C:\Games\BG2 and only when I changed it to BGII - SoA it detected it correctly. (Changes both in baldur.ini and name of folder)
Was a bit weird, but now it seems to be OK. (installer is still working)

#145 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:22 AM

Afterwards, BWS did not detect BG2 correctly. I had it in C:\Games\BG2 and only when I changed it to BGII - SoA it detected it correctly. (Changes both in baldur.ini and name of folder)
Was a bit weird, but now it seems to be OK. (installer is still working)

Well, the BWS says that you need the BG2 to be with the " - SoA", as some of the mods need to have the exact predefined file direction(it's easier to code that way, would be my guess).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#146 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:34 AM

"BG2 - SoA" didn't work either, but that may be due to me not having changed everything correctly.
My install just finished, just need a playtest before I do the final BIFFing.

Any tips on how to best test if an install was successful? (Just starting up and starting to play is the first one of course, but maybe testing some areas?)
I just did a "standard" install, while removing some mods that were only in Spanish or French or didn't appeal to me (like that Final Fantasy mod) and added the Spellshaper kit after everything else was installed. (I unchecked widescreen and general biffing for this)

I did not do a Kit removal or level1 NPC. If I understand correctly, Kits above 7 or something will only be available through shadowkeeper, but not for choosing it when starting the game? Since you become a Spellshaper automatically, it shouldn't be a problem there?

After that I did the widescreen mod (netbook 1024*600) and now it's ready for a test.

Then I can BIFF it up and cleanup. Afterwards I plan a defragmentation of my disk.

#147 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:49 AM

I did not do a Kit removal or level1 NPC. If I understand correctly, Kits above 7 or something will only be available through shadowkeeper, but not for choosing it when starting the game? Since you become a Spellshaper automatically, it shouldn't be a problem there?

It's 9 Kit's and the original class, and no, you do not become Spallshaper automatically, you do if you meat the requirements, which outlaw the other kit's for example(Well you need to be Wildmage..), and have the book.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 September 2009 - 02:50 AM.

#148 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:46 AM

That's what I meant. If I'm a wildmage, chaotic, get the book, ... I should become one when I get fatally wounded or something like that. (Or read the book from Rhialto)
So I don't have to choose it when creating my character, so any kits installed can just stay as I might want to play one of them later on. (Except the Fence kit, which you shouldn't play as stated in the readme files)

#149 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:53 AM

Well, you can always assign those kits to your Bioware NPCs(and in the near future to all NPCs), with the Level1NPCs mods NPC components.
Minsc is the best mage ever.

#150 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:30 AM

Is the Fence kit installed in your install?? :o I thought it was fixed in BWP8 :unsure: It "shouldn't" be available to Thieves at the CharGen screen.

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#151 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:33 AM

Ow I don't know. I haven't looked at it yet. Will do and get back to you, but if it's gone, it should be gone I guess.

#152 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:24 AM

OK the game doesn't start. I run bgmain.exe and it shows up in my processes list, but it just sits there, consuming CPU cycles, but I don't see anything. I already removed widescreen and ran bgconfig again to put everything back to default, but it doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

#153 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:30 AM

Tell us about Baldur.err -- the logfile that is created on startup.

#154 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Empty as a bucket of water in the desert.

#155 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:49 AM

If you did a backup (somehow), rename BGMain and try to copy the original BGmain.exe from BiG World Clean Install (or whatever the name would be in your case). It's just a wild guess, but you can do that without harming your install.

#156 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

I feel stupid.. It just takes an awfully long time. Like five minutes or something like that and then it just starts.
I do have some mods that didn't install due to some errors it encountered. Can this break my install?
(Tower of Deception is one of them I think and some thieving potions component of RR)

#157 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:48 PM

I just wanted to make sure that - if you look at this place - make use of our latest BWS-update.

The BWS will tell you that there is one, but the text and buttons will be wired, since the translations are missing.
If you click the left button, the future updates will be installed automatically.
If you click the right one, a small icon will appear on the upper right corner, telling you that there are updates.

Here is the changelog since v8.

8.0.1 (Update Package) - 11.10.2009
Fixed: chr-functions for footnotes and ansi-code (07_Extract.au3)
Updated: Downloads for the new domain kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu (Mod.ini and 11_NET.au3)

8.0.2 (Update Package) - 12.10.2009
Updated: CD5 may contain as many alias-paths as you wish
Added: "pseudo-tests" for fixed components that should be extracted without a tp2
Added: Option to redownload the stuff with Au3Net in Au3NetTest (Suggested by OneEyedPhoenix)
Added: You can visit the homepage of the selected mod while you're in the selection-screen. (OneEyedPhoenix reminded me of adding that)
Added: Scroll to selected mods if add/remove mods by type is pressed to show that something has changed. (Suggested by Lollorian)
Fixed: Enabled Space-key in the selection-screen again
Fixed: Prevent crashes during Au3NetTest, correct archive is displayed

You can spare yourself some trouble if you do that update and get additional feature.
So I recommend that you use it. ;)

#158 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

8.0.2 (Update Package) - 12.10.2009
Updated: CD5 may contain as many alias-paths as you wish
Added: "pseudo-tests" for fixed components that should be extracted without a tp2
Added: Option to redownload the stuff with Au3Net in Au3NetTest (Suggested by OneEyedPhoenix)
Added: You can visit the homepage of the selected mod while you're in the selection-screen. (OneEyedPhoenix reminded me of adding that)
Added: Scroll to selected mods if add/remove mods by type is pressed to show that something has changed. (Suggested by Lollorian)
Fixed: Enabled Space-key in the selection-screen again
Fixed: Prevent crashes during Au3NetTest, correct archive is displayed[/code]

Great to see that you have been inspired dabus. :)
Made any headway with the cleanup.bat problem btw? (It definitely deletes the backups of Azenmod and NSC Portraits)

#159 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

The batches are not maintained by me and I have been busy scripting the stuff for the BWS that is not yet released.
So: Sorry, no. No progress.

#160 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

The batches are not maintained by me and I have been busy scripting the stuff for the BWS that is not yet released.
So: Sorry, no. No progress.

That's right. Been a while since we discussed it so I forgot.