Photo

BiG World Setup

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#121 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:51 PM

In the next days we?ll update the linklist and the "BiG World Setup" for the v8.0 and after that you can start with the BWP v8.0 installation.

Note: Do not use the "BiG World Setup v7.0" anymore. This version is not compatible with the new "BiG World Project v8.0" and you can?t do a new installation with it. Please wait until the new "BiG World Setup v8.0" is relesead in the next days.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#122 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

The "BiG World Setup v8.0" is released, now. You can get the installation-tool for the "BiG World Project v8.0" here:
http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=752

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#123 Uri

Uri
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:22 AM

juuupi :Tasty: cant wait
:new_thumbs:

#124 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

The "BiG World Setup v8.0" is released, now.

:Bow: Thank you :Bow:

#125 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

I installed it all... But i cant find bgtrilogy :( the only thing i have is a folder named bgtrilogy but i cant find any exe... Have i done somthing wrong??? And how do i delete the darkest day... Its the only mod i dont want...

#126 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

I installed it all... But i cant find bgtrilogy :(

There is a file named setup-bgt.exe ... But you start the game with the BGMain.exe...

And how do i delete the darkest day... Its the only mod i dont want...

If you go with BiG World Setup, you need to select the "Further configure your installation"or something very alike in the screen where you put your BG1 and BG2 directories... and yes, you need to restart from clean install if you have already installed anything.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#127 -Kieran-

-Kieran-

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:05 AM

i tried to use this new version Bigg World Setup on my Chinese vista pc, here's the error message:

Posted Image

any advice?

but after all, i just downlaoded and installed all the mods i wanted by hands and extracted them into the game folder, and used Big Wolrd Installtion to get it running, which worked like a wonder, many thanks for the excellent work!

#128 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:34 AM

Can you try if starting the BWS by hand - not using the debug - by draging the BiG World Setup.au3 onto AutoIt3.exe works? These files are within the BiG World Setup-folder. Debugging can be left out, it's just a useful addon if you have problems I need to debug...

Please tell me if it works or not.
It may just be the case that there's some Extended Character Set (ANSI) that your OS cannot handle.
In that case, let me know the error like you did before.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#129 -Kieran-

-Kieran-

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

Can you try if starting the BWS by hand - not using the debug - by draging the BiG World Setup.au3 onto AutoIt3.exe works? These files are within the BiG World Setup-folder. Debugging can be left out, it's just a useful addon if you have problems I need to debug...

Please tell me if it works or not.
It may just be the case that there's some Extended Character Set (ANSI) that your OS cannot handle.
In that case, let me know the error like you did before.

hei Dabus, as you suggested, i tried run it without debugging, i dragged BiG World Setup.au3 onto AutoIt3.exe, and then i got an error message as

line 464 (File "D:\games\BG2 - SoA\BiG World Setup\BiG World Setup.au3")
$Mark&=' ? Chr(0xB9); if mod is fixed,mark as missing essential

Error: Unterminated String

#130 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

Ah, ok. Thank you. :)

Can you open Includes7_Extract.au3, go to line 464 and replace the old line

$Mark&=' ¹' & Chr(0xB9)
with
$Mark&=' ' & Chr(0xB9)
?

Then try again. The next hit should be 477 (delete the 2), 480 (2) and 485 (3).
I'm feeling pretty stupid since the chr-function after the & is the replacement for the character that I seem to have forgotten to delete. :(

Those are hints for footnotes and ansi-code, so I think your system does not support that.
Would be nice if you can tell me if it worked. :)

Edited by dabus, 14 September 2009 - 10:58 AM.

#131 -Kieran-

-Kieran-

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:46 AM

Ah, ok. Thank you. :)

Can you open Includes7_Extract.au3, go to line 464 and replace the old line

$Mark&=' ¹' & Chr(0xB9)
with
$Mark&=' ' & Chr(0xB9)
?

Then try again. The next hit should be 477 (delete the 2), 480 (2) and 485 (3).
I'm feeling pretty stupid since the chr-function after the & is the replacement for the character that I seem to have forgotten to delete. :(

Those are hints for footnotes and ansi-code, so I think your system does not support that.
Would be nice if you can tell me if it worked. :)

hei, Dabus, great! it works perfect now, so the lines i changed are from

464 $Mark&=' ? Chr(0xB9); if mod is fixed,mark as missing essential
477 $Mark&=' ? & Chr(0xB2)
480 $Mark&=' ? & Chr(0xB2)
485 $Mark&=' ? & Chr(0xB3)

to
464 $Mark&=' ' & Chr(0xB9); if mod is fixed, mark as missing essential
477 $Mark&=' ' & Chr(0xB)
480 $Mark&=' ' & Chr(0xB)
485 $Mark&=' ' & Chr(0xB)

thanks again :hug:

#132 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:55 AM

No problem. :)
Cool that this fixes it. Have to tell Leomar so he'll include it in his next upload of the BWS.
You know, if I can hand over some work (and nurse the data of the BWS sure is) I will gladly do just that.

And I built a little script to verify this: The only other ansi is in 06_Depends.au3, but it's a comment, so the script does not bother to do something with it. If you ever wanted to see an ö, look at line 48. :D

#133 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

How long does it all take to install???
My dos window is stopped with the message [WeiDU-Backup] Using scripting style "BG"
Nothing has happend the last hour or so... :(
*sigh* Seems wrong guess im just unlucky and should install it all manually like old times... Perhabs its because im running with vista who knows...
I have tried to install it 3 times now and everytime something went wrong :( Think im letting the dos window stand the night hoping some miracel will happen...

#134 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

How long does it all take to install???
My dos window is stopped with the message [WeiDU-Backup] Using scripting style "BG"

Well that phase should take under a minute, as it doesn't for you, you have a WeiDU.exe update failure above the line somewhere...

To correct this, you need to remove all the setup-*modname*.exe's that are not exact same size (about 589Kb's, but I am a bit unsure of the size but it's between 550 and 600Kb's), and then replace them with the Weidu.exe in the BiG World Fixpack's one(in it's own directory), and then you just rename the WeiDU - copyx.exe as setup-*modname*.exe, so essentially you have to manually update the setup-*modname*.exe's as a newer version of the WeiDU.exe .

When that's done, run the BiG World Install.bat again...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 September 2009 - 10:46 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#135 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

Weidu is updating itself and stopped in the middle.
Open the taskmgr and close the process weidu.exe -- I don't think that you'll see a setup-X.exe, but that may be, too.

If you don't want to do that, close the cmd-window and open the BiG World Install.bat.
That will open the dialogue that was started after the BWS again.

#136 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:31 AM

I seem to have a problem with BWS.
I am running Windows XP.

It crashes (i think) at the end of the downloads checks. When restarting it asks if I want to continue. The point where it stopped is Au3NetTest SETUP-GUI.exe.

In tbe BWS_Trace.txt:
<snip>...11_NET.au3 (576) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded. :
_Process_SetScrollLog(_IniRead($ReadSection, 'name', $Fault[$F][0])&': '&Hint &' ('&_IniRead($ReadSection, $Prefix[$Type]&'Save', '')&')'&$Mark)
_Process_SetScrollLog(_IniRead($ReadSection, 'name', $Fault[$F][0])&': '&Hint &' ('&_IniRead($ReadSection, ^ ERROR

Any ideas why and how I can solve this?

#137 neutrowave

neutrowave

Hast'fyr

• 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:43 AM

I seem to have a problem with BWS.
I am running Windows XP.

It crashes (i think) at the end of the downloads checks. When restarting it asks if I want to continue. The point where it stopped is Au3NetTest SETUP-GUI.exe.

In tbe BWS_Trace.txt:

<snip>...11_NET.au3 (576) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded. :
_Process_SetScrollLog(_IniRead($ReadSection, 'name', $Fault[$F][0])&': '&Hint &' ('&_IniRead($ReadSection, $Prefix[$Type]&'Save', '')&')'&$Mark)
_Process_SetScrollLog(_IniRead($ReadSection, 'name', $Fault[$F][0])&': '&Hint &' ('&_IniRead($ReadSection, ^ ERROR

Any ideas why and how I can solve this?

Same to me too :(

@EDIT : But you can skip the download of updated BWS links by removing them and is all fine :)

OK .... no [Faults] section :D I'm clean ...

Attached Files

Edited by neutrowave, 16 September 2009 - 09:23 AM.

#138 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

@neutrowave: Thanks for the Trace-file.

OK, a mod was not found and there was a problem getting the url-update, which should not appear in this list. Also, more then one error was not expected here. I'll change that in the next released BWS update.

In the meantime, edit the BiG World Setup\Config\Setup.ini.
Search for the section [Faults] and just remove the BWS-URLUpdate.exe=1111111 -entry from the file.

You should be able to continue with the BWS after that from the point you left.

@Gelrof: I think your problem should be the same. Otherwise, please include the Trace-file and your [Faults]-section in your next post - just in case you cannot guess what's wrong with it.

(My vacation has ended and so I'll not be able to look as much into the forum as I was the last two weeks. Please have a little patience.)

Edited by dabus, 16 September 2009 - 09:01 AM.

#139 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:37 AM

Hm, you have not resumed the setup... change the setup.ini

[Order]
Au3Detect=1
Au3BuildGui=1
Au3Select=4
Au3GetVal=1
Au3CleanInst=4
Au3PrepInst=4
Au3Net=4

Or go with an customized install, reload your settings (by selecting reload from the menu) and go on.
But this will search for the mods once again...

#140 Gelrof

Gelrof
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

Removing the line after the [Faults] entry in Setup.ini did the trick!
Thanks a lot for the help.