• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#201 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

Have you tried any of the stuff in point 4 here?? :P

Anyway, about the crashes, please attach your WeiDU.log, a zipped BiG World Debug.txt and your baldur.err files (in your BGII-SoA folder) here, that should probably tell us why the crashes happen and whether you have a fubared install :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#202 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:46 AM

The best would be if you, Jodokai, open a new topic about your crashes and post the mentioned stuff from Lollorian in it.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#203 Al the Dumb

Al the Dumb
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hello,

I want to use this fantastic tool, but I get a very annoying message as I try to install. It tells me that I should rename my BGII-SoA folder to BGII-SoA and to put it in the same folder as Baldur's Gate. Since both of these requests are already fullfilled, I'm kind of stuck.

Thanks, Al

#204 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Open BiG World Setup\Inclides\16_Testing.au3
Goto line 362 and put a semicolon before the line
If FileExists($Path&"\BGII - SvA") And FileExists($Path&"\BGII - SoA") Then $Error&=_GetTR($Message, 'L5')&@CRLF

This will display the warning but you can continue.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#205 Al the Dumb

Al the Dumb
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

Open BiG World Setup\Inclides\16_Testing.au3
Goto line 362 and put a semicolon before the line

If FileExists($Path&"\BGII - SvA") And FileExists($Path&"\BGII - SoA") Then $Error&=_GetTR($Message, 'L5')&@CRLF

This will display the warning but you can continue.

Thanks! I will go try that.

#206 -The Black-

-The Black-

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hello every one

I'm new here and have just tried to install the BWP, I succeed once (the first time i installed it with standard settings) but I were a bit annoyed about how some things were changed by the mods (the item revision armor selection) so I removed everything and reinstalled from the beginning (might have been a bit drastic I know but I am newbee). I have thanks to the excellent read me text available been able to find the relevant changes I need to make in the install.bat to hopefully get the results I want.

Now the question is, when OH WHEN during the BiG_World_Setup, do I make the changes in the install.bat file for them to take effect?

Is it during the extraction phase, the update phase or when there is a short line at the bottom of the right side text window about anti-virus software before I press continue a last time and the process seems to shut down (which it probably does not, but I remember vaguely some choices to be made for the wide screen mod quite soon after that step the first time)

I would because of my own troubles suggest a nice popup during the BiG_World_Setup with a message that says something like 'Now would be a good time to make changes in BiG World Install.bat before continuing the installations' at least until it is possible to make the relevant changes in the setup which seems to be on it's way.

Best regards
The Black

#207 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

It's before you start the mod installations. In other words, look at the bottom half of this:
Posted Image
As that exits... you then exit the black box as it asks in what language you wish to install the mods, and as a precosion, I would advice you to run oneof the setup-*modname*.exes, but do not install anything!, move the changed BiG World Setup.bat to the game folder, and then start that.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#208 -spacedust-

-spacedust-

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:25 AM

Hi,

Thanks for this tool! I recently dusted off my BG2 dvd and reinstalled, hoping to get a decent modded installation working. Unfortunately, the first time I tried using the BWS 8.2, selecting the Tactic option, at the end of the installation my BGMain.exe refused to start up. I'm not sure why. I also deleted the BWS Debug.log so I have nothing to post :wacko:

Anyway I realised that BWS is still using Weidu-212, and I believe that the latest version is 213? Also the downloaded fixpack is 8.2.7 but the latest version available from Spellhold is 8.2.8? Dunno if that helps to diagnose the problem... Let me know if there's any other info I can provide

#209 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:17 AM

Anyway I realised that BWS is still using Weidu-212, and I believe that the latest version is 213? Also the downloaded fixpack is 8.2.7 but the latest version available from Spellhold is 8.2.8? Dunno if that helps to diagnose the problem... Let me know if there's any other info I can provide

I've updated the linklist today afternoon. Perhaps your BWS linkupdate was not correct. Please try the whole installation again and don't delete the BWS debugs afterwards. ;)

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 11 January 2010 - 09:18 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#210 -spacedust-

-spacedust-

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:21 PM

I've updated the linklist today afternoon. Perhaps your BWS linkupdate was not correct. Please try the whole installation again and don't delete the BWS debugs afterwards. ;)

Greetings Leomar

Hi Leomar,

Yes everything works perfectly now!! :woot: The linkupdate fixed everything perfectly :lol: Thanks very much for your help :D

#211 -bomimo-

-bomimo-

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:11 AM

hmm, my BWP complains about a missing movie file that's clearly there, clear as day.... what do i do? the situation is very complicated since i've installed the game on an XP machine... then learned that the script couldn't run on that machine. transferred all of it to the other WIN 7 machine and attempted now.
another problem that really messes any "just reinstall it" up is, when you move the game from one com to the other the game get's some error and it's 100% sure to happen.

so, question... how do i force the script to not care about the missing file that it's not going to use anyway?

#212 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:31 AM

Which one?
BWS (prepare) or BWP (install-part)?

If it's BWS, check your Alias-section in Baldur.ini.
If you did that and still get the error, edit BiG World Setup\Includes\16_Testing.au3 and line 359 from

If Not FileExists($BG2AliasDir & 'Movies\25movies.bif') Then $Error&=_GetTR($Message, 'L3')&@CRLF
to
If Not FileExists($BG2AliasDir & 'Movies\25movies.bif') Then $Hint&=_GetTR($Message, 'L3')&@CRLF

It will still display the message but you can continue the script if you like to. Please note that files under Vista/7 may not be where they seem to be.

Also, what keeps you from using win XP? The script was mainly written using win XP, so I wonder why you can't use it. :huh:
You may have disabled VScript somewhere. In that case, just enter the BiG World Setup-directory and drag the BiG World Setup onto the AutoIt3.exe.

Edited by dabus, 19 January 2010 - 09:34 AM.

#213 -Bomimo-

-Bomimo-

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

Which one?
BWS (prepare) or BWP (install-part)?

If it's BWS, check your Alias-section in Baldur.ini.
If you did that and still get the error, edit BiG World Setup\Includes\16_Testing.au3 and line 359 from

If Not FileExists($BG2AliasDir & 'Movies\25movies.bif') Then $Error&=_GetTR($Message, 'L3')&@CRLF
to
If Not FileExists($BG2AliasDir & 'Movies\25movies.bif') Then $Hint&=_GetTR($Message, 'L3')&@CRLF

It will still display the message but you can continue the script if you like to. Please note that files under Vista/7 may not be where they seem to be.

Also, what keeps you from using win XP? The script was mainly written using win XP, so I wonder why you can't use it. :huh:
You may have disabled VScript somewhere. In that case, just enter the BiG World Setup-directory and drag the BiG World Setup onto the AutoIt3.exe.

well, my system is quite unique... i'm using Wine and Vscript refuses to run at all, so i'm attempting the move on my XP.

#214 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:26 AM

Oh man. :wacko:
Sorry, but I really recommend using in this order:

A real OS on a physical PC
A real OS on a virtual machine
Any other "API converter/OS emulators".

Reason: Wine it's just not tested. And I don't intend to.

Even if I used wine at the first steps developing the BWS, I switched to a vmplayer-session with w2k. The reason was I had crashes because jpeg-support that was not implemented properly. A few weeks later, I switched to a native XP since the vmware-box still was dog-slow on using disks compared to the real one. And when doing stuff like extractions or installations, that really stops the fun you are having since you do all this stuff in a box.

Since then, I don't think I left that much code unchanged. :whistling:

#215 Bomimo

Bomimo
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:40 AM

it actually worked... so far, i've still to test the game untill said cinematics appear.

#216 -Clóvis-

-Clóvis-

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hello everybody I just want one serious precious help from some person who managed to install the whole TACTICAL mod selection; I tried to install 4 times... I had to wait a lot and I followed the guide and instructions it said was very easy and possible to install and play but:

When I click new BG2 game to check the BG2 I have one Crash to Desktop, normal New Game or Throne of Bhaal is ok no CTD but BG2 new game not; is this normal I have to reach BG2 by myself ???

Reply me soon as possible or just mail me with answer cause

messatsu_noffa@hotmail.com

#217 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

And the answer is .... (drumroll) ... DA IAAURFIX!!! (do I win something?? :D)

Extract it t your BGII-SoA folder, and doubleclick setup-iaaurfix.exe ;) Then install it :)

Edited by Lollorian, 03 February 2010 - 05:13 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#218 -Clóvis-

-Clóvis-

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:02 PM

ty for your answer Lollorian before i install all again i want ask why the instalation ask for CD and says windows pop-up "patch.exe"

Insert disk Continue, Ignore etc... i already patched the game in the previous attempts and i have now the DA fixer ty you also shall i just install ignoring this "patch.exe disk" ??????

#219 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

Never got that kinda error, so I shouldn't probably answer that :P But did you do a FULL install of both BGI-TotSC and BGII-ToB?? (as in check all boxes for BGI and custom->full in BGII)

Maybe you could ignore that?? I dunno :unsure: Oh, and you should probably look for a WeiDU.log and BiG World Debug.txt in your BGII-SoA folder and compress them and attach them here :P

#220 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:10 PM

... before i install all again i want ask why the instalation ask for CD and says windows pop-up "patch.exe"

Insert disk Continue, Ignore etc... i already patched the game in the previous attempts and i have now the DA fixer ty you also shall i just install ignoring this "patch.exe disk" ??????

Because you have an bad baldur.ini file in the game directory... you need to edit it so it doesn't have your CD drive as one of the [Alias]'es with Notepad, don't worry about the CD drives not been included in the file, as the game will check that it's in one of the drives when it starts but it's not needed for any other data storrage, so you can delete the extra drive headed.([Alias]...
CD5:=C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\CD5\;D:\CD5) Extra.

Maybe you could ignore that?? I dunno :unsure: Oh, and you should probably look for a WeiDU.log and BiG World Debug.txt in your BGII-SoA folder and compress them and attach them here :P

No you can't or you'll have Assertion failure in ChDimm.cpp at line 834...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 04 February 2010 - 10:16 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.