• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#121 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:53 AM

@ Fouinto: what u suggest would be great, but really i cannot translate it into my mod (technically i mean) and eventually it would take a whole age to implement, sorry.

@ resurrection: please, i'd need to know at what level and where u face such "high xp encounters". Apart some though creatures, BGSpawn doesn't give u the chance to obtain easy xp. At high levels u may face orc mages and priest, but not so many and definitely not so often. Anyway in a heavy modded game, u may want to install Ding0 XP fixer, it balances the xp u may get early in the game.

@ Aranthys: ideally u're right, anyway it would take really lot of time to re-create all the cre files and assign new scripts to them. At the end the user may skip to install SCS and/or SCS tactic like mods if he noticed it takes the level of the game too high. Those mods increase A LOT the difficulty of the game generally, so any cre u face with ANY mod are affected by those. Really here i cannot do much, eventually the user could skip to install AI mods.

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 05 July 2009 - 04:54 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#122 Ascalon

Ascalon
  • Validating
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

A really great Mod, a simple idea but a great effect.

Only two things: Sometimes in the wilderness I stumble upon a losesome horse or cow... quite strange. And second: Bears are loners and don't hunt in packs. :whistling:

#123 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:39 AM

Only two things: Sometimes in the wilderness I stumble upon a losesome horse or cow... quite strange. And second: Bears are loners and don't hunt in packs. :whistling:

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Please may you be more specific about the possible issues above? I'd need to know what area u got a cow (horses are fine away) and your party composition (what levels and number of members) when u faced just a single bear and where (area).

Many thanks,
mm75

#124 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:57 AM

Please may you be more specific about the possible issues above? I'd need to know what area u got a cow (horses are fine away) and your party composition (what levels and number of members) when u faced just a single bear and where (area).

Hmm, I think it was an idea, not a bug report, so your reply should go like:

I'd like to know where you would put the cow and horse encounters to... and what kind of party composition you would like to face the single bear with?

^_^

But anyway, the single bears could be a bit, just a bit tougher than the multi spawn once...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#125 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:16 AM

Hmm, I think it was an idea, not a bug report, so your reply should go like:

I'd like to know where you would put the cow and horse encounters to... and what kind of party composition you would like to face the single bear with?

^_^

But anyway, the single bears could be a bit, just a bit tougher than the multi spawn once...

Hmm, dunnow if it's just an idea, he was wondering about cows in the wilderness which should not happen (u can face cows just in the areas close to the towns/villages). And he mentioned just single bears which, really, at medium/high level is quite difficult to happen should not happen always.

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 30 July 2009 - 06:23 AM.

#126 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

If you've got too-high-level orc priests, just change their level. I'm guessing you reuse FSHORDE5, which is labelled in-game as a 12th level priest but actually only has 4th level spells. SCS takes the 12th-level label seriously, but if you just reset his level to (say) 7th, SCSII will leave him at that level.

#127 Ascalon

Ascalon
  • Validating
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Many thanks,
mm75

Okay, that was a misunderstanding. I meant that bears, in real life, don't hunt in packs. So a pack of 9 bears just looks wrong in my eyes.

#128 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:23 AM

Okay, that was a misunderstanding. I meant that bears, in real life, don't hunt in packs. So a pack of 9 bears just looks wrong in my eyes.

Oh i see the point now. Good point acutally. Jarno's suggestion could be fine here about those ... i can create new cre files and have different bears according to the levels. Another work for the next release :whistling:

mm75

#129 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

Hi,
Just a stupid question : if I install your altered spawn, then I suppose I shouldn?t the one of BGT tweak pack ?

ty

#130 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

Yes, pick one or another.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#131 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:25 AM

Yes, pick one or another.

Correct. Please also note that if BGSpawn detect BGT Tweaks Spawn it skips the installation ;)

mm75

#132 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

If you have Kivan in your party wait until you have an encounter with a large group of bears then use his special charm animal ability :) Great way of dealing with whatever other spawns might exist on that map.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#133 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

If you have Kivan in your party wait until you have an encounter with a large group of bears then use his special charm animal ability :) Great way of dealing with whatever other spawns might exist on that map.

lol :) At least a good help from a ranger ;)

In that map anyway there won't be particular spawns ... u can enjoy the use of "charm animal" ability in other maps, very useful indeed sometimes ;)

mm75

#134 amazinggameguru

amazinggameguru

Spellhold Inmate

• 188 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

I would love to see some black talon mages and clerics show up in the high level bandit spawns....
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#135 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:44 AM

I would love to see some black talon mages and clerics show up in the high level bandit spawns....

That's an idea ... but my guess is that they risk to be too challenging with SCS installed for example. Moreover Black Talon are bandits and as such no clerics and mages should be within their "normal" ranks, eventually there could be a mage or a cleric (general human). I could add that for some future release eventually, but i'd prefer (this is dream ... i don't think i'll have so many time) a sort of quest related to a random spawn with Black Talon ;)

mm75

#136 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:55 AM

I've quite ready the new version of BGSpawn,

if StoneAngel and Cronox does want to update the Italian and German translation please PM me :)

Tx,

mm75

#137 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:35 AM

Hi all,

I've updated the very first post, the new release 1.01 is available for download.
Please see changes about what's new. Major change: users can now choose the time of respawns :)

Enjoy! :cheers:

mm75

PS: translations will be added eventually in a separate release.

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 09 September 2009 - 12:36 AM.

#138 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:06 AM

Whoops :whistling: Silly typos in tp2 forced Weidu to stop the installation ... just fixed now, new package updated.

mm75

#139 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:00 AM

As promised, here is the list of problematic creatures I have encountered so far. I have also posted this information in the new "Realistic treasure mod" thread.
Is it more convenient if I update that thread only, if I find more?

AEMERHOB.CRE
GNLCAP01.CRE
GNLELI01.CRE
GNLFLI01.CRE
GNLWAR01.CRE
HOBCAP01.CRE[/codebox]

Edit:
[codebox][quote]6. Quite a lot of the Gnolls (gnlcap01.cre, gneli.cre, gnlfli01.cre, gnlwar01.cre, and Gnoll01.cre), summoned by the BGSpawn mod (though not included with this mod), are carrying up to lvl 8 magic scrolls. These creatures are assigned level 4 random treasure (rndtre04.itm) which apparently is a bit much.
(The same kind of problem with Hobcap01.cre and aemerhob.cre)[/quote]

[quote]Just to let u know that BGSpawn uses just gnlcap01.cre and Hobcap01.cre amongst the creatures u mentioned above,mm75[/quote]

This sounds strange to me as it wouldn't explain why I would run into groups of gnolls with all of these four in them.

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 15 September 2009 - 01:45 AM.

#140 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:24 AM

[quote name='OneEyedPhoenix' post='462513' date='Sep 15 2009, 11:00 AM']Is it more convenient if I update that thread only, if I find more?
[codebox]AEMERHOB.CRE
GNLCAP01.CRE
GNLELI01.CRE
GNLFLI01.CRE
GNLWAR01.CRE
HOBCAP01.CRE[/codebox]

Edit:
[codebox][quote]6. Quite a lot of the Gnolls (gnlcap01.cre, gneli.cre, gnlfli01.cre, gnlwar01.cre, and Gnoll01.cre), summoned by the BGSpawn mod (though not included with this mod), are carrying up to lvl 8 magic scrolls. These creatures are assigned level 4 random treasure (rndtre04.itm) which apparently is a bit much.
(The same kind of problem with Hobcap01.cre and aemerhob.cre)[/quote]

[quote]Just to let u know that BGSpawn uses just gnlcap01.cre and Hobcap01.cre amongst the creatures u mentioned above,

mm75[/quote][/codebox]

This sounds strange to me as it wouldn't explain why I would run into groups of gnolls with all of these four in them.
[/quote]

Here are the cre i've been using for those humanoids:

- HOBGOB (Hobgoblin)
- HOBWAR01 (Hobgoblin Warrior)
- HOBARC01 (Hobgoblin Archer)
- HOBELITE (Hobgoblin Elite)
- HOBSHA01 (Hobgoblin Shaman)
- HOBCAP01 (Hobgoblin Captain)
- SHOBSL01 (Hobgoblin Slayer)*
- GNOLL (Gnoll)
- GNLELI01 (Gnoll ELite)
- GNLSLA01 (Gnoll Slasher)
- GNLVET01 (Gnoll Veteran)
- GNLCAP01 (Gnoll Captain)
- FLIND (Flind)

So some other mods should use the ones u mentioned. In which area u encountered them and where?

mm75
PS: that's ok to use your thread on BWP forum ;)