BGSpawn

EET BGT

• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#301 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:38 PM

(Kinda means : Elemental of "minor water", as in, an elemental made of "minor water" )

If the meaning of the french translation was what you say, it should be written "Elémentaire de l'eau mineure" in french.

"mineur" hold with "Elémentaire", that's why there is no "e", and so the meaning is correct.

Besides, the fix you suggest is on "de l'eau", not on "mineur". Your version sounds better :), but there is no link with "mineur".

Finally, in french in the original game, it's "Elémentaire de l'eau". So Isaya's version could be ok.

@73479 = ~Greater Water Elemental~
@73480 = ~Greater Water Elemental~

@73479 = ~Elémentaire majeur de l'eau~
@73480 = ~Elémentaire majeur de l'eau~

You can find others examples in the original game with the same construction in french:

@10861 = ~Minor Spell Deflection~

@10861 = ~Déviation de sorts mineure~

I already told you to talk about our translations on our forum, Aranthys: it's better for the feedback.

Edited by Graoumf, 07 January 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#302 Aranthys

Aranthys
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Ah, sorry Graoumpf.

And I know about the "e", but, somehow, "Elemental de l'eau mineur" doesn't sound right.

I know that some mods are not translated by your team, and thought this one wasn't.
Nevermind I should have double checked there (both the name of the other water elemental in game files) and that it was a mod that was translated by Les d'Oghmatiques.

My bad, sorry again

Edited by Aranthys, 08 January 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#303 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Guys, i have to stick with what the translators do. I can't really enter in "language" discussions :)

I give the assumption the tra files i got kindly from the translators are fairly correct ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#304 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

Guys, i have to stick with what the translators do. I can't really enter in "language" discussions Posted Image

I give the assumption the tra files i got kindly from the translators are fairly correct Posted Image

mm75

Hi Melkor_Morgoth75
Can you update your mod in italian language too? Otherwise I can translate it.....Posted Image if you PM me the new lines....

Edited by ilot, 10 January 2012 - 01:30 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#305 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hi Melkor_Morgoth75
Can you update your mod in italian language too? Otherwise I can translate it.....Posted Image if you PM me the new lines....

I'm too lazy to do that ... if u want (u're still currently the translator of the mod :P), u may take the setup and tra file from the download and give to me the italian ones ;)

Funny indeed i never played an italian game being (me) an italian :)

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 10 January 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#306 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

Hi Melkor_Morgoth75

I'm too lazy to do that ... if u want (u're still currently the translator of the mod Posted Image), u may take the setup and tra file from the download and give to me the italian ones Posted Image

Funny indeed i never played an italian game being (me) an italian Posted Image

mm75

Which are exactly the strings that I have to translate? Posted Image

#307 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

Here is the italian translation, thanks mm75 Posted Image :

Attached Files

#308 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

And here is the spanish translation updated.

Tthanks mm75

Attached Files

Edited by Lisandro, 10 January 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#309 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

Thanks both Ilot and Lisandro!

Silent update done.

The mod now can be installed in 8 different languages! Thanks guys!

mm75

#310 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

IMHO, renaming an ankheg "giant stick insect" doesn't really add anything. ;) Variety is great, but I'd prefer to see mostly monsters described in the various D&D Monster Manuals, providing of course that there is a suitable animation for them.

I really wanted to use BGSpawn (again) for my new install, but I'm really not keen on running into non-PnP monsters. I gets a bit silly using all the PnP-tweaks, -corrections and -creatures of BG2Tweak and aTweak - only to run into a "giant stick insect". :( Is there any chance you'd consider changing this or making fantasy creatures optional? For reference, here are the Complete Monstrous Manual.

#311 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:48 AM

IMHO, renaming an ankheg "giant stick insect" doesn't really add anything. Posted Image Variety is great, but I'd prefer to see mostly monsters described in the various D&D Monster Manuals, providing of course that there is a suitable animation for them.

I really wanted to use BGSpawn (again) for my new install, but I'm really not keen on running into non-PnP monsters. I gets a bit silly using all the PnP-tweaks, -corrections and -creatures of BG2Tweak and aTweak - only to run into a "giant stick insect". Posted Image Is there any chance you'd consider changing this or making fantasy creatures optional? For reference, here are the Complete Monstrous Manual.

Well, i never considered that .. and i could of course skip such creature(s) (baloch is another one) if the community prefers so. I also can check the manual and change it to something else, sure.
I'm sorry you avoid to install the mod just for that, as a note, please consider that the chances to face them are fairly low and JUST during the "move" between areas ...

mm75

#312 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

IMHO, renaming an ankheg "giant stick insect" doesn't really add anything. Posted Image Variety is great, but I'd prefer to see mostly monsters described in the various D&D Monster Manuals, providing of course that there is a suitable animation for them.

I really wanted to use BGSpawn (again) for my new install, but I'm really not keen on running into non-PnP monsters. I gets a bit silly using all the PnP-tweaks, -corrections and -creatures of BG2Tweak and aTweak - only to run into a "giant stick insect". Posted Image Is there any chance you'd consider changing this or making fantasy creatures optional? For reference, here are the Complete Monstrous Manual.

Well, i never considered that .. and i could of course skip such creature(s) (baloch is another one) if the community prefers so. I also can check the manual and change it to something else, sure.
I'm sorry you avoid to install the mod just for that, as a note, please consider that the chances to face them are fairly low and JUST during the "move" between areas ...

mm75

You know what, I should have started with saying what a great accomplishment your mod is :) It's a real improvement over the xvart-wolf-gibberling routine of the vanilla game, and both scaling and encounters are really well done!

I just love having that PnP feel, and besides the obvious "PnP [creatures/restrictions/behaviour]" of different components, I've had the pleasure of participating in the evolvement of Spell- and Item Revisions where Demivrgs and many other strived to have PnP "justification" and counterparts for effects and abilities. All in all, there's some high quality near-PnP gameplay to be had nowadays :) That's why, for me, it feels somewhat jarring to have that, and then run into a Stick Insect. It's not "ZOMG the 4th wall is broken I can never immerse myself again!!11". :)

I'm not going to avoid you mod - it's too good IMO - but I'd be much obliged if it was possible to optionalize (that's not really a word..) "fantasy" creatures, or some other solution (maybe "convert" to MM-creatures and names?). For that matter, if anyone else has an opinion on this I'd also like to hear it.

Edited by Dakk, 26 January 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#313 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

My opinion on "unnatural" creatures:
Listed creatures aren't the be all end all of possible creatures. Moreover, if you're scandalized by the prospect that you'll be attacked by a giant invertebrate, take a look at piranha ants, giant ants or space bandits in your link to the Complete Monstrous Manual ;)

Demivgrvs's aim is to 3E-fy an AD&D game, and if that is taken to its logical conclusion, especially if you agree that it can apply to all mods, then there are no non-pnp monsters, as everything is fair game. That's because 3E introduced a myriad of creature templates in order to be able to create just the creature you're looking for.

10th

Edited by 10th, 26 January 2012 - 12:55 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#314 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

My opinion on "unnatural" creatures:
Listed creatures aren't the be all end all of possible creatures. Moreover, if you're scandalized by the prospect that you'll be attacked by a giant invertebrate, take a look at piranha ants, giant ants or space bandits in your link to the Complete Monstrous Manual ;)

Demivgrvs's aim is to 3E-fy an AD&D game, and if that is taken to its logical conclusion, especially if you agree that it can apply to all mods, then there are no non-pnp monsters, as everything is fair game. That's because 3E introduced a myriad of creature templates in order to be able to create just the creature you're looking for.

10th

I don't know enough about 2ed and it's take about "space", but I suppose it's for Spelljammer? Anyway, it's not space bandits per se, it's racoons named Chattur. And what's wrong with giant ants and piranaha ants? Especially the former sounds like a more than plausible fantasy-world monster. And more to the point - if there are PnP monsters like these; why invent your own? ;)

And if I wasn't clear enough in my previous post: in no way am I scandalized by non-PnP monsters (you might possibly have missed a "not"). I'd just like a more purist route, just as I don't use mods that add outlandish items or spells.

Edited by Dakk, 26 January 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#315 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

I've update spanish translation...

Fix Typos and now all prompts are displayed right!

Thank you!

¡Nos vemos!

Attached Files

#316 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Small issue here, might be from something else because it's in a BWP megamod install but some monsters spawn neutral, exclusively of the canine type that I recall (wolves, hounds, dogs, etc...), but it's only 1 or 2 in pack. Some disappear almost instantly too but that's SCS behaviour I think (smart wolves component).
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#317 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

Small issue here, might be from something else because it's in a BWP megamod install but some monsters spawn neutral, exclusively of the canine type that I recall (wolves, hounds, dogs, etc...), but it's only 1 or 2 in pack. Some disappear almost instantly too but that's SCS behaviour I think (smart wolves component).

I'm quite sure it's SCS wanted behaviour, please read the readme that comes from that mod,

mm75

#318 snepp

snepp
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

I have a small problem with the "random encounters between areas" component. When an encounter happens the map is empty, I can just walk right out without having to fight anything. The spawns don't appear unless I force myself to stand around and wait for a while.

#319 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

I have a small problem with the "random encounters between areas" component. When an encounter happens the map is empty, I can just walk right out without having to fight anything. The spawns don't appear unless I force myself to stand around and wait for a while.

Hmmm...i had another similar feedback about that. That's quite strange as if you CluaConsole the area you immediately face the encounters, while this "lag" happens during in game play.
Really weird indeed, not a big issue, you have to walk around for a bit it seems ... but i'd have to understand why it takes sometime to have the spawns appearing ...

It would be also interesting to understand if it happens just in an "area" or in any involved area ...

mm75

#320 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

Weird, weird, weird indeed ....

I don't have a clue on WHY it's happening. If u CLUACONSOLE to the area you don't have to wait, in game ... you need to wait some time to have the spawn. Really weird.

I'll try to dig a bit more this week-end ...

mm75