• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#201 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

Honestly i'd like to avoid using it, just because people eventually would have to install it as well

You say that as if it's a bad thing :D. But no, it probably is for a mod like this that's already complex enough.

You could however, add some goblin spawns that could be worgriders. Something fairly generic, like "Goblin Skirmisher" and "Goblin Skirmisher Captain" or something. With BGSpawn, they just get normal goblin animations, but IA if installed later could give them worgrider and worgrider captain animations (it does this already for some other mod, I forget which).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#202 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

Honestly i'd like to avoid using it, just because people eventually would have to install it as well

You say that as if it's a bad thing :D. But no, it probably is for a mod like this that's already complex enough.

You could however, add some goblin spawns that could be worgriders. Something fairly generic, like "Goblin Skirmisher" and "Goblin Skirmisher Captain" or something. With BGSpawn, they just get normal goblin animations, but IA if installed later could give them worgrider and worgrider captain animations (it does this already for some other mod, I forget which).

LoL :D

Of course i didn't mean that mate. I'd just prefer to avoid having something that "forces" people to install another mod to play BGSpawn, just that. But anyway i'd like to use some new animation eventually, just a matter of time to dig into your mod.

I like by the way your suggestion regarding Goblins, i'm looking into some scripts to see if i can add something, it would be cool for peole to face some Goblin Worgrider :) Should i create NEW Cre files? Or it's enough to use the creatures (goblin) just within BGT?

Tx,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#203 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Should i create NEW Cre files? Or it's enough to use the creatures (goblin) just within BGT?

I think new ones, because then if IA patches some to be worgriders then *all* such goblins will be worgriders. But you could even just clone some existing ones to new filenames. That way they'll take whatever scripting the player has installed already (SCS, BP or whatever).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#204 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

On an Off Topic-tangent, why doesn't BGSpawn have it's own forum, or possibly the Misc. forum? It's kind of hidden here in the BGT fora :)

#205 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

It only works with BGT, and works well enough not to need it's own forum.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#206 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:30 AM

Hi all,

the new release is ready ... please i'd need the following translated for German, Spanish, French and Russian to update the tra files:

@1304 = ~Gnoll Spirit Shaman~
@1305 = ~Black Talon Archer~

Thanks in advance for those who may help,

mm75

#207 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:01 AM

Finally after some busy time a new version (1.09) is up. I've updated the first page and added the changes.

A sort of "advertisement" :)

- Now it' won't be that easy to go around the lowest level of the Cloackwood Mines (and outside the mines you may face new "friends").
- Undercity would be quite dangerous if you're so fool to go explore the area.
- If u want to have a nice challenge, try to explore the Balduran's Isle during the night.
- Gnoll Stronghold has been improved a bit.
- ... and something more :P

Have fun!

mm75

#208 kungfuhobbit

kungfuhobbit
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

Is there a way to play with just the gnoll stronghold from your mod please?

ie. is it possible to copy over certain files into the override folder manually to get the gnoll stronghold to work, or is it all or nothing?

I really hope so, I was overjoyed when I discovered your mod has an aspect that acts as an 'improved gnoll stronghold', finally a mod that has improved this area! thankyou! thankyou so much!

Edited by kungfuhobbit, 06 December 2010 - 07:17 AM.

#209 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

Is there a way to play with just the gnoll stronghold from your mod please?

ie. is it possible to copy over certain files into the override folder manually to get the gnoll stronghold to work, or is it all or nothing?

I really hope so, I was overjoyed when I discovered your mod has an aspect that acts as an 'improved gnoll stronghold', finally a mod that has improved this area! thankyou! thankyou so much!

Please PM me, i let u know how to skip other areas eventually.

May i ask u why u're willing to skip all the other areas? Any particular reason?

Tx,
mm75

#210 -Pacek-

-Pacek-

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Hi,
First let me say this mod has been a real treat to play, so much variety!
However(and please correct me if I'm barking up the wrong tree), do you think you should tone down the power of the spell scrolls dropped by some of the Gnolls(probably Gnoll Captains, actually) at the Gnoll Stronghold? Whilst my Blade was very grateful indeed to have access to spells out of his reach in Vanilla BG, he was nevertheless lamenting that empty 2nd level slot (not being prudent enough to stock up at Thalantyr's on the way through Beregost, and magic being hard to come by in the Nashkel surrounds). I mean, I might sound like I'm nitpicking, but just how did they get their hands on level 8 spells??
Just thought I'd mention it :)

#211 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

tone down the power of the spell scrolls dropped by some of the Gnolls(probably Gnoll Captains, actually) at the Gnoll Stronghold

Many of those treasures are controlled by random treasure tables, not this particular mod. The "Realistic Random Treasures" component of Aurora's Shoes should address this issue.

Realistic random treasures
Many creatures in the game carry items that give them chances for spawning random treasures of various types. Many players have objected to the looting of high-level magical scrolls from gnolls, ogres and other creatures typically not magically inclined, or even literate in some cases. This component changes that. It excludes creatures of certain classes from obtaining scrolls, though they can spawn other random treasures such as gems or jewelry. The excluded creatures are basilisks, ghouls, revenants, mummies, gnolls, all ogre variants except ogre magi, beholders, trolls, umber hulks, mist creatures, fire elementals and zombies. Furthermore, it excludes summoned creatures and those with an intelligence less than 10. Though this is purely an arbitrary cut-off, it has the effect of excluding most humanoid rabble (such as kobolds and orcs) from possessing scrolls, unless they are spellcasters or other literate types. To account for this, certain creatures get a minor intelligence boost or decrease as relevant. This should have no other noticeable effect in the game.

#212 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

Yep, as Miloch just said earlier unfortunately that is something not related to my mod, but the random treasure "embedded" in the original creatures from the BG2 game.

I strongly suggest to install Miloch's mod "Aurora S&B" as it addresses those issues and give to the creature more realistic random treasure.

Thanks for your nice words, i'm happy u're enjoying the mod,

cheers!
mm75

PS: maybe it's worth mentioning your mod Miloch within the readme of this very mod, do u mind if u suggest to install Aurora? ;)

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 25 January 2011 - 12:34 AM.

#213 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:44 AM

Yep, as Miloch just said earlier unfortunately that is something not related to my mod, but the random treasure "embedded" in the original creatures from the BG2 game.

Well, you could use your own custom copied creatures that have object replacements that use a custom table... or a script that replaces a custom item with a set item(by the scripts randomization, I have personally done so, so it should be somewhat do-able, the mod's not released though, as I ran into a trouble with the custom area giving a CtD for no good debug data, should try to fix that, probably).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#214 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

That is anyway Jarno a new "optional" component eventually. And, as it would be, it makes sense for the users to install some other mods who handle far better the random treasure issue,

mm75

#215 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

PS: maybe it's worth mentioning your mod Miloch within the readme of this very mod, do u mind if u suggest to install Aurora?

Sure, go ahead. You can also mention that particular component (Realistic Random Treasures) is standalone, so they needn't install the rest of the mod if they don't want to (though they should :D).

You'll run into slowdown issues if you try to script item placement. Aurora's main component did until we hacked around it (we found it acceptable to place a single randomly-determined script block on random creatures, but a full script that determined which item to spawn lagged the game something fierce).

#216 -Pacek-

-Pacek-

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

The "Realistic Random Treasures" component of Aurora's Shoes should address this issue.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check that out!

#217 -Jarl-

-Jarl-

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

Hi, great mod :)
i have a small suggestion to make. After Bassilus is dead all undead spawns in the southwest of Beregost should end (like skeletons in the High Hedge area for example).

#218 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:47 AM

Hi, great mod :)
i have a small suggestion to make. After Bassilus is dead all undead spawns in the southwest of Beregost should end (like skeletons in the High Hedge area for example).

As for the skeletons in the High Hedge area, i can't remove them as the quest for Melicamp would be broken. But i changed anyway the chance for them to spawn ;)

mm75

#219 -Jarl-

-Jarl-

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:34 AM

I wrote aTweakPack for BGT, that removes the skulls from HighHedge-skelettons inventory and adds one skull to the tomb in the "Vale of Tombs" (that area you enter after leaving Nashkel Mines). However my TweakPack is only available in german language at the moment, but you could copy this solution ;)

#220 -pacek-

-pacek-

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

I've just completed Ulcaster Ruins in BGT, and have noticed a couple of things:
Orc archers don't attack: they'll happily stand around getting sliced to bits. They have SCS2 scripts installed, but DavidW says he's not to blame.
Also,the Ulcaster Wolf lord encounter was great, but he is still able to call his minions even when silenced.

Cheers!