Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v6.0

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#101 danemanuelk

danemanuelk
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

sorry Leomar ..I see now in Updated News the differences :)

#102 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:31 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated News

No updates at the moment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No updated news at the moment, because all changes are included in the recent "BiG World Installpack", "BiG World Fixpack" and "BiG Wold Textpack", now.

Updated "BiG World Installpack v6.0.1"
  • Updated "BiG World Install.bat"
Updated "BiG World Fixpack v6.0.9"
  • Munchmod fix, so that the merchant appears in BG2 only.
  • Xulaye installation fix
  • Some compatibility fixes
  • Some small corrections
Updated "BiG World Textpack v6.0.6"
  • Updated "Underrepresented Items" patch.
  • Some small corrections
"BiG World Setup v2.0.0"
  • First release

The "BiG World Setup (BWS)" is released and therefore we updated the first post. Now, you need to download the BWS only. You don't additionaly need to download the mods or the BiG World tools anymore. Only what you must do after you have downloaded the "BiG World Setup" is, to start it. This programm does all the work for you and guide you through the whole installation process: You can choose your mods, download them, extract them and install your megamod with it. The "BiG World Setup" starts the "BiG World Install.bat" automatically and therefore the "BiG World Fixpack", too.

We have opened a new thread for the "BiG World Setup", so you can give your comments, problems and criticism to it there: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=39756 We'll solve the small problem with the "BiG World Setup" as soon as possible. Meanwhile you can use the walkaround which is given in the mentioned thread.

Sorry, that I have not the time to answered your questions in this and the other threads, but we wanted to get the BWS released first. In the next days I try to answer all your questions. Thanks for all the people who helped us meanwhile and answered some of the BWP questions. :cheers:

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#103 apelsinlax

apelsinlax
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

Amazing work! :)

Can't wait for this summer when I will go for it!

#104 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

Hi all,
I am using a version of BWP that was installed from the beginning of January but are the mods were pretty current. Its possible there is a conflict between Saerelith and SCSII and Watcher's Keep. Scouring the forums there wasn't an answer for this, so hope its the right place to post. Here it goes:

1)Once the party leaves the elves from the underdark exit, they bump into Drizzt and company. (I thought that was removed when you have ROT installed?)

2)A messenger for Saerelith shows up and the party is brought to WK. (Have not visited the area before)- I was able to make a save here.

3)On entry to WK map party appears in bottom left corner and sees Kesevar the fallen.

4)Immediately party is transported to the stairs of WK, Saerelith talks about marriage, party gets lots of xp.

5)Again, party is immediately transported to the east side of the map, Kesevar walks up says something and thats it. The quest won't start (he just stays blue and repeats his line).

6)Then when making a save I see it is saving as a TOB game save, and I can't reload a BG2 game without quitting.

So something is messing up the globals with Saerelith and then moving the game to TOB (and transporting three times on that map). The only mods that touched WK are Saerelith and SCSII correct?

Also when leaving the underdark, the narration and text for the new chapter (chapter 6) was missing. There was just a picture of the drow fighting the elf. Otherwise the meeting with the elves etc. was ok.

1) I don't think, that RoT does this. There was a thread in the RoT forum about to remove the second Drizzt, but this was never happend.

Because of your problems: Can you post your WeiDU.log?

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#105 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

I did a minimal install of the mega-mod and the install.bat halted at one spot with a prompt. I don't think it's a big deal, but here's the output from the debug log:

Installing [Romance Cheats]
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

Remove racial requirements for romances? (Select a or b)
  a) Remove
  b) No changes

a) Remove
  b) No changes

a) Remove
  b) No changes

a) Remove
  b) No changes
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Romance Cheats], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   2 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2] component 3183.
Uninstalled	  2 files for [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2] component 3183.
ERROR: End_of_file
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.DEBUG to webmaster@gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Romance Cheats] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Romance Cheats
[Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] WeiDU version 21000
[Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

I had the same problem like robb_force's.Here is my WeiDu.log and BWP debug file.

Can you attach your setup-bg2_tweaks.DEBUG?

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#106 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:42 PM

Hello,

I want to make a small notice about a possible confusion amongst BWP players:

http://kerzenburg.ni...ead.php?t=34931 :

00.05. BG1 Missing Files v2 [DEU/ENG]
Homepage: http://kerzenburg.ni....hp?t=37727#Was
Add DEU: http://www.shsforums....=post&id=15887
Add ENG: http://www.shsforums....=post&id=15886
DEU: Nach Benutzung des BG1 Patches, entpackt das Paket ins BG1 Verzeichnis, um Dateien wieder herzustellen.
ENG: After you executed the BG1 Patch, extract this package into the BG1 "Override" folder to restore the files.

BiG_World_v6.0_english.pdf :

By the BioWare BG1 Patch some BG1 files are deleted. In order to repair this again, you need to
download after patching the "BG1 MISSING files"¯ and unpack them in the BG1 main"Override" directory.

If i unpack BG1MissingFiles_ENG_.7z I get BG1MissingFiles_ENG_ folder which contains the 26 *.wav's. Here will be ok if the *.wav's were in a folder named "Override".

In here is all fine :
BiG World Install v6.bat :
SET BGO="Baldur's Gate\Override\
%BGO%ERROR01.wav"
%BGO%ERROR02.wav"
%BGO%ERROR03.wav"
%BGO%ERROR04.wav"
%BGO%ERROR05.wav"
%BGO%ERROR06.wav"
%BGO%ERROR07.wav"
%BGO%ERROR08.wav"
%BGO%ERROR09.wav"
%BGO%ERROR10.wav"
%BGO%ERROR11.wav"
%BGO%ERROR12.wav"
%BGO%ERROR13.wav"
%BGO%ERROR14.wav"
%BGO%ERROR15.wav"
%BGO%ERROR16.wav"
%BGO%ERROR17.wav"
%BGO%ERROR18.wav"
%BGO%INTRO01.wav"
%BGO%INTRO01F.wav"
%BGO%INTRO02.wav"
%BGO%INTRO02F.wav"
%BGO%INTRO03.wav"
%BGO%INTROADD.wav"
%BGO%TSCNA01.wav"
%BGO%Tscna02.wav"

Thanks. The description in the guide is right, so I've corrected the description in the linklist.

ENG: After you executed the BG1 Patch, extract this package into the BG1 folder to restore the files.

But if you use the BiG World Setup, you don't need to care about it anymore, because the BWS does it for you, now.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#107 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

Another bug for your great FixPack to fix.

FR_ROV has a bug that shows up when you install FR_ROV with Lost Crossroads Spell Pack. This bug might not effect game play with FR_ROV alone. More info here with a link to a fixed file.

Hey, thanks, Chevalier. We have instead an deitm049.itm error. We'll test it. :)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#108 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

More for your FixPack to fix. There is a conflict with installing both gMinion and BPSeries. BPSeries will install an older version of gMinion that I think over writes the newer version. gMinionC in the current version has some real problems, but the older version in BPSeries works.

From gMinion.tp2:

COMPILE ~gminion/build1.8/baf/gMinionM.baf~

END

COMPILE ~gminion\build1.8\baf\gMinionR.baf~
COMPILE ~gminion\build1.8\baf\gMinionS.baf~
//COMPILE ~gminion\build1.8\baf\gMinionC.baf~  // deprecated for this version while I work on a new method for assigning scripts to clones

From BPSeries.tp2:
// Compile .bcs Files
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionM.baf~
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionR.baf~
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf~
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionC.baf~

How I fix BPSeries.tp2:
// Compile .bcs Files
//COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionM.baf~
//COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionR.baf~
//COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionS.baf~
COMPILE	~bpseries\baf\gMinionC.baf~

This way the newer gMinion works & is not overwritten and the older working version gMinionC is installed.

Thank you very much. We'll include your fix in the BW Fixpack.
:cheers:

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#109 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:21 PM

@Chevalier
I got this info from the german forum:
BGT biffs at the end of its installation. In order to install Turnabout in the current version of BiG-World you'll either have to remove or comment out the following line from the setup-turnabout.tp2:

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/finbodh.dlg~ ~You do not appear to have Ascension installed.~

10th

Yes, this happens, because we install Ascension for BG2 Fixpack, now. Until the Revamp-Version comes out, we fix this with the BW Fixpack and the fix is included in the recent v6.0.9.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#110 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:34 PM

Another fix for your FixPack. Thrown Hammers has its' BG1 stores set with BGTuTu names. I have changed the .tp2 to BGT settings and it installs fine. I have not yet play tested it and will do so when I can.

Here is the updated .tp2 file:

With this .tp2 file it will no longer work with BGTuTu.

Wonderful. Miloch said, that he want to make Thrown Hammers BGT compatible, but has left the community without fixing his mod. Until Miloch comes back and fixes his mod, we'll include your fix in the BW Fixpack. Thanks. :)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#111 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

Hi folks, 02.01. One Pixel Productions (1ppv2.x) v2.66 [DEU/ENG] ...is being updated to new version constantly without saying when (not even in the Updated News) ... and probably with other mods happens the same ... if it's possible to write down the update time of the mods it will be fantastic :D

Well, you should read the update from the link you are provided, which should be this. So it's not direct download link unless so stated, which the BWP's Link Lists does state. :rtfm: and this, not the f¤%& link list, unless you are totally confident that the info in the list is right... and you could have a little more patience on the updates, as we have our real lives too...

We update the linklist for each new modversion and pronaunce it in the linklist mostly at the same day. If you see such posts, then we have updated the linklist with the new modversion. The German text is everytime the same and means the following:

13.32. Konalan's Tweaks
gibt es jetzt in der v1.6

13.32. Konalan's Tweaks
is now available in v1.6

But with the BiG World Setup you don't need to check for new modversions anymore, because the BWS does it for you, now.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#112 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:31 AM

Now I tried a Standard install version but the same error.

I don't have a clue, sorry. Perhaps some one else does.

Thank you for this project. :)

Thanks for that, but... I am not actual part of the project, but a regular poster, so I know most of the user errors, as I call them.

One question, which is not related to BWP per se, but you might have encountered it, so just in case... I don't receive any XP for killing kobolds; I've noticed this in the mines of Nashkael, but it seems even outside I don't get any XP for Kobolds. Know anything about it?

I haven't crossed to that feature(let's call it that), but I have few questions: Is it in all the kobolds, or is it only in specified kind, as in theory, the most likely thing that has happened is that one of the mods modifies one of the creatures to make them summon-able by some magic spell and so the creature is affected by other mods no summon XP patching. For us to get more precise topology of the problem, it would help to get your WeiDU.log content, and if you can make a picture of before-and-after kill picture of one of the kobolds that doesn't give XP. The picture helps identifying the kobolds .cre file, and then you can make a change-log form the creatures .cre file with WeiDU, which narrows the mod list quite a lot, but that's later... you might also upload the BiG_World_Debug.txt(in a .rar or .zip .z7 file) if there is errors in it.

We know the Kobold 0XP problem and have done some research about it in the German forum. I don't want to discuss this in the general BWP thread, so I'll open a new thread about it in the next days.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#113 Trypto

Trypto
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:00 AM

Hello there everyone, I'd like to take this oppurtunity to thank the BWP team for this great collection and of course, for making it so stable to play.

I've found a minor annoyance in the "Realm of the BhaalSpawn" mod. It seems that one of the armors, RBPLAT02.itm has an interchanged General and Identified name. RBPLAT02 is supposed to be the "Blessed of the Triad" (the other two being the "Enchanted"-RBPLAT03 and the "Cursed"-RBPLAT04) but in-game it doesn't show up with a name. I tried to edit the values and interchange them but NI keeps giving me a HeapsOutOfBounds error or something while reading the dialog.tlk (Good thing I made a backup :P). Here are RBPLAT02 and RBPLAT03 as in my pc. This hasn't been reported before so I have my doubts of this being a one-off case.

If that is the case, I'll just redl the mod and make another BWP install. Seeing that there have been some new updates to the fixpack and thrown hammers, is a new BWP on the works soon?? :D Should I wait before reinstalling??

And can someone please direct me to a better mirror (working) for NeJ4.2b?? I've dled the entire 335 MB about 7 times!!! and it always shows corruptions at MXLeina.acm. I tried running a RAR recovery on the setup but the .tp2 doesn't extract.

Btw: About Thrown Hammers, I think I saw Miloch (or a guest that goes by his name) in the "Aurora's Shoes" forums here yesterday.

Attached Files

#114 Meteo

Meteo
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

whatever TDD-SPL.bif is doing to my spells is crashing the game all over the place. All the 'drain' spells freeze the game. vampiric touch, larloch. I cant just delete that either. anyway to get the engine to reference back to the original spells.bif?

#115 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:34 AM

whatever TDD-SPL.bif is doing to my spells is crashing the game all over the place. All the 'drain' spells freeze the game. vampiric touch, larloch. I cant just delete that either. anyway to get the engine to reference back to the original spells.bif?

Well, it´f you have diagnosed the problem right, you just nede to go to the TDD folder, it has a backup folder that has "0" folder, it should have backup for all the spells(spin123, ...124, ...678, ...890, spwi502, ...613), so they need to be moved to the override folder, and that's should be it.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 19 April 2009 - 01:36 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#116 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:33 AM

Thanks.

The problem is, the whole area could use a little polishing; it's not always clear what to do to finish a quest, and since most of the quest on this island don't even appear as quests in the journal, things get really complicated! But I really enjoyed that abandoned castle in Bone Hill...

Now, I have this "Gnoll Attacks" quest, and I've checked whole Tri-Top area and killed all gnolls (I did that once again before, did they respawn or what?), but Yalta, who gave me that quest, has nothing to say about it. Grrr! I'll go to Peltar now, to see if he has something to say.

Should I leave the area after that? Will I be able to come back? I think this is the last quest that needs to be solved...... I've checked all the areas I could!

If you have questions for "Secret of Bone Hill" the best place is the SoBH forum. There you could find some answers in the posted threads or you can ask your questions there. :)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#117 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:00 AM

Hello,

to Leomar :

BWP v6.0 topic:

Important: Don't change the BG graphic-options or not more then the supportet 800x600 resolution of BG. You can get crashs to desktops (CTDs) if you take a higher resolution as 800x600. When you want to play in a higher resolution take the Widescreen Mod.

BWP manual:

CONFIGURATION OF BALDURS GATE
Higher resolution
If you have a large enough monitor you can choose to see a larger amount of the map in your screen
window by using a higher resolution. Double click the file BGConfig.exe in your BGII - SoA folder.
Under the graphics options select the highest resolution; 1024 x 768 and under window mode
choose full image.

It is safe if I change the resolution to 1024 x 768 from the file BGConfig.exe in my BGII - SoA folder without installing Widescreen and not to worry about CTDs?

It is not really tested from our side. We have informations from gamers, that they have CTDs which are caused by higher resolutions. Therefore we gave this warning. The resolution 1024 x 768 is used and tested by Leonardo only at the moment and it works fine for him. So I can't really recommend it. Try the resolution and should you get a CTD try to lower the resolution first and/or use the Widescreen mod then.

I found in Tashia_Remix_v1.1.exe a file "music.exe" from Tashia folder , my Avira antivirus detected that is infected with DR/Delphi.Gen and http://www.sophos.co...rojdelfina.html. Is "music.exe" a mod file?

The music.exe is in this package since April 2008 and there was no virus warning before. I've tested it now and get a DR/Delphi.Gen, too, but I think this is the same problem what we have sometimes with other BG executing files and AntiVir programms, too. It is a wrong warning.
Here is one example.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 19 April 2009 - 06:02 AM.

- Chevalier

#118 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

My weidu.log:
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6260 // Give Ascension demons SCSII scripts and abilities: v8
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v8

BWP 6.0 manual:
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6260 // Give Ascension demons SCSII scripts and abilities: v8
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6270 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCSII scripts and abilities: v8
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved Shade Lord: v8

install.bat:
%IFES%scsII%S%scsII%L%0%SK% 6210 6220 6230 6240 6250 6260 6270 --logapp | %M%
%IFGS%scsII%S%scsII%L%3%SK% 6210 6220 6230 6240 6250 6260 6270 --logapp | %M%

Why is component 6270 missing ?

Component 6270 of SCSII needs Ascension. It looks like, that you have not installed Ascension and therefore this component is automatically skipped. But why is 6260 installed!?! Can you post your WeiDU.log?

[EDIT]

I found the problem:

SCSII search for a file like Turnabout does:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS ~override/fingrom.cre~ @3314
Here the Turnabout problem:

BGT biffs at the end of its installation. In order to install Turnabout in the current version of BiG-World you'll either have to remove or comment out the following line from the setup-turnabout.tp2:
Yes, this happens, because we install Ascension for BG2 Fixpack, now.

I think that happens with this SCSII component, too. We'll check it and fix it with the BW Fixpack.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 19 April 2009 - 07:26 AM.

- Chevalier

#119 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:46 AM

WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobil("CbOriginalPeopleInteract","AR1100",0)
SetGlobal("CbImoenInteracted_1100","AR1100",1)
~: Parsing.Parse_error

Well the "SetGlobil("CbOriginalPeopleInteract","AR1100",0)" is just spelled wrong, as it should start with SetGlobal. Do you know which mod was the warning attached to?

Thanks for you report, neutrowave. We'll try to fix this.
Can you post your WeiDU.log?

[EDIT]

We need more help:
- Could you make a changelog for Imoen2j.dlg and post the content here?
- Could you decompile and upload the Imoen2j.dlg? (type in the console "Weidu.exe Imoen2j.dlg", then you should find the Imoen2j.d in the BG2 main directory)

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 19 April 2009 - 08:52 AM.

- Chevalier

#120 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

I've found a minor annoyance in the "Realm of the BhaalSpawn" mod. It seems that one of the armors, RBPLAT02.itm has an interchanged General and Identified name. RBPLAT02 is supposed to be the "Blessed of the Triad" (the other two being the "Enchanted"-RBPLAT03 and the "Cursed"-RBPLAT04) but in-game it doesn't show up with a name. I tried to edit the values and interchange them but NI keeps giving me a HeapsOutOfBounds error or something while reading the dialog.tlk (Good thing I made a backup :P). Here are RBPLAT02 and RBPLAT03 as in my pc. This hasn't been reported before so I have my doubts of this being a one-off case.
If that is the case, I'll just redl the mod and make another BWP install.

I can't say. You could try to download and install RotB Armor Set without other mods after a clean install and see if you have the same problem.

And can someone please direct me to a better mirror (working) for NeJ4.2b?? I've dled the entire 335 MB about 7 times!!! and it always shows corruptions at MXLeina.acm. I tried running a RAR recovery on the setup but the .tp2 doesn't extract.

Have you tried the BiG World Setup? It helps you a lot with downloading and extracting the mods in a correct manner.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier