Lollorian's BWP Install

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:33 AM

And the other bug was at the store of James Isaac Jyssev ph34r.gif (Athkatla, south of circus) He has some armors to sell and one of them had no name dry.gif Looked up NearInfinity and got the name "Blessed of the Triad" and also saw that the Idenitfied Name is set to None while General name is Blessed of the Triad. How do I edit these names through NI?? I tried clicking on the edit button but it starts processing dialog.tlk and stops soon saying ".. Heap overflow" or sommin tongue.gif I've attached the .itm for all to see biggrin.gif

When you change the item descriptions in NI, use the STRINGREFERENCE # instead of "writing" the new description = rewriting the dialog.tlk. If the Blessed plate of the Triad is listed in your dialog.tlk (which you found) write down the string reference number.

Open the item, and find the general and identified descriptions and we want the latter but you can change both if you want. Click on the one you are changing and a box shows up in the bottom giving you the current identified description (even if it says 1= NONE or 0 = No Such Index). You want to change the numeric value (String reference)to the SR number that the Blessed...Triad is. That way you are changing the numeric value and not editing the dialog.tlk and NI does not edit the .tlk file to well.

Good Luck and hope you made a backup of your dialog.tlk :new_bottom:

;)
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#62 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

Hey, good to see ya again Hoppy :cheers:

I learnt how to "properly" use NI a while ago :P so that bug got squished. Apparently, the "Heap overflow" thing was something cause by java not using memory or something (fixed by downloading the bat file in the NI site and setting 128 -> 512)

Good Luck and hope you made a backup of your dialog.tlk :new_bottom:

Oh yes, I learnt that the freakin hard way :devil: After the heap overflow, I was fighting hobgoblins and bandits called "Goodbye then" and "See you later" :D And did I mention Edwin's amulet changed to Varscona ... and Carsomyr was a shadow druid :D

Anyway, about the Jyssev store's bug, I think the line in Setup-RotBArmorSet.tp2

COPY ~RotBArmorSet\Items\rbplat02.itm~ ~override\rbplat02.itm~
SAY NAME1 ~Blessed of the Triad~

should've been:

COPY ~RotBArmorSet\Items\rbplat02.itm~ ~override\rbplat02.itm~
SAY NAME2 ~Blessed of the Triad~

judging from the other items in there :P Attached fixed tp2 :D (even though a download isn't exactly necessary :P )

Cheers,
Lol

EDIT:Fixed codeboxes :whistling:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 08 August 2009 - 08:22 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod