Lollorian's BWP Install

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:29 AM

Is there anything that can turn crit hits off??

Turn the blood/core/violance level off/low, and the corpses won't blow up anymore.

Did you talk to the Aldeth after you got the papers but before you confronted doppelgangers on the floor upstares, and downstares?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#42 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:51 AM

HAHA :D AFAIK, turning gore off doesn't have any in-game effects ... You'll still have criticals going off the place non?? And its criticals that are messing the counters :crying:

And yeah, I tried talkin to Aldeth but there was no change in the options :|

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#43 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:57 AM

turning gore off doesn't have any in-game effects ... You'll still have criticals going off the place non?? And its criticals that are messing the counters

Turning off the gore just removes the creature explosion when the creature is hitted with more than 10+ damage over the death count, so you'll still do criticals but they just don't destyroy the monsters, even if you hit them with 1000 damage...

#44 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:11 AM

turning gore off doesn't have any in-game effects ... You'll still have criticals going off the place non?? And its criticals that are messing the counters

Turning off the gore just removes the creature explosion when the creature is hitted with more than 10+ damage over the death count, so you'll still do criticals but they just don't destyroy the monsters, even if you hit them with 1000 damage...

Exactly my point lol :D Sorry if my reply said otherwise :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#45 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:54 AM

I thought certain types of damage (cold being one of them) will destroy loot if Gore is on.

#46 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

I thought certain types of damage (cold being one of them) will destroy loot if Gore is on.

Well, if you don't install the P5tweakpack or some other mod, the Ice damage always destroys items anyway, if it does the kill damage.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 10 March 2009 - 09:35 AM.

#47 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

HELL YEAH!! :D I finished BG :cheers: Completing Durlag's right now but I noticed sommin strange. Not exactly a gamebreaking bug but here it is. Wherever i go, Invisible Stalker type monsters are always friendly to me :ph34r: I'd seen em before with Degrodal's place in Baldur's Gate but at that time I thought they were just some mod's way of making the fight easier.

But now, in Durlag's, as ya can see, there's a room with an Air Aspect and 3 Invisible Stalkers. As soon as I enter the room, the Stalkers started attcking the Aspect :cheers: (I didn't even have em in the main view). IDK but they don't seem dire charmed cause they NEVER go hostile :o Even after waiting for half an hour for the charm to wear off. Anyway, it ain't much trouble :P It does seem odd though ...

Btw: I had some bugs in SoBH part 2 (wonderful mod btw :D ) which i'd reported directly in their forums :cheers: And I had some trouble when the Fields of the Dead (NToTSC) loaded. Repeated restarts fixed it though. But the game's a LOT more stable now.

Edited by Lollorian, 14 March 2009 - 10:08 PM.

#48 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

Not exactly a gamebreaking bug but here it is. Wherever i go, Invisible Stalker type monsters are always friendly to me

Yea I noticed the same bug but I forgot to mention it. It also persists in the BG2 part.

#49 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

Invisible stalker thing has been brought up many times and I am not positive what the incompatibility is/was. Maybe there was no conclusion to this discussion.

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=436637
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#50 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

Well, the invisible stalkers thing doesn't matter much anyway :P So I'm here to report another odd bug(??) with sirine type monsters (and all the sirine variants: Sil, Nymphs) They cast spells with the voice of a guy :o

Jaheira just received summon woodland being (nymph) and I was shocked to hear a guy's voice casting spells :P And I have only Imoen and Dynaheir as mages (on the Bpmage KI script :P) I found out that it was the nymph who was the li'l ventriloquist :D When i select her though (she IS a gal right?? :P) she gives me the normal "sirine scream" but her "Encantos ... " thing is definitely like Edwin's :D Same thing happens when I fight sirines, any kind ... even the Hamadryad.

And i forgot to mention this small detail when I started the game :P Methinks Kiyone (from beyond the law) shouldn't have been available in the BG1 part of the mod. She spawns outdoors when the reputation hits above 17 or something (which is very possible by completing all quests in candlekeep itself). I saw that the BWP Fixpack contains a fix that adds some kinda game check to find out if I'm in BG1 or SoA. But she spawned at Gorion's rest (with Imoen) and I was kinda taken aback then by her HUGE level (7) :P However, I wanted my old BG1 party (to check for new banters and the like. Jaheira's quest FTW!!! :D) So I dumped Kiyone at the Friendly Arm (another point for the modders :D Great thing about having them move to inns. There's a grand party at the FAI and everyone's invited :D) But one time, I asked her to wait there ... and after a while, I wanted her back (in Chapter 4) She said that she can't disturb me because of my commitments and that she'll find the culprit herself and she left. She didn't mention waiting for me anywhere. Will I find her again???

Oh ... and another small annoyance :P Are banters supposed to be repeated?? I've been getting Minsc-Khalid's "Boo's seeds" banter 3 times now and had a repeat of Dyna-Jaheira's "Strange herb" banter a while ago (before, it was in Nashkel :P)

And another :P There is this area east of the Woods of the Sharp Teeth that has no name under it ... I'm afraid that my worldmap might be corrupted. Plz clarify :ph34r:

Edited by Lollorian, 17 March 2009 - 04:21 AM.

#51 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:41 AM

Kiyone ... Will I find her again?

Yes, she should go into the Copper Coronet in the BG2 part of the game, this is a small but in the BTL mod, it's been corrected in the next release, but as for now, as the mod hasn't been updated for a while now, the BWP's fix is the only option with BGT and BTL... or you could go to Nashkel without raising your reputation over 17 and then she will never summon, as the coding is based on the chapter number 2.

#52 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

Ok. Thanx again Jarno for the copper coronet info :cheers:

But Kiyone shouldn't have spawned in BG1 in the first place right?? The BWP Fixpack tries to fix it, but it seems like it isn't doing what its intended to (atleast in my install). I don't see any errors or warnings in the debug.txt regaring BtL. This isn't a problem exactly but ... Seeing that I've already recruited her, she'll stay at level 7 until I re-recruit her at the CC (and that too with the XP of a level 1 character courtesy of Level-One NPCs), while my party might reach level 12-13 by that time. She runs the risk of being too lagged behind. Of course I could CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP her, but what's the fun in that?? <_<

#53 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

@Lollorian
The "fault" IF you can call it that, lies with BtL. Mods that are fully BGT-compatible, achieve that compatibility by making sure, that the mod's content happens exactly when and where it should happen. In the case of BtL - a BG2 mod - this means that a check of the EndofBG1 variable is required.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#54 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

Heya there again folks :D First things first, Otho Truehammer's (DSotSC) second quest (about his nephew) is extremely long-winded. I've been running through, exploring and emptying 6 sets of caves and caverns and I still dunno when it'll end :ph34r: And I can't even rest in these caves cause of some freakin Drueger nosing around to get a shot at me party.

Anyway, here's a small unimportant bug :P Going through the caves, I reached the map that looks like the Flaming Fist HQ which contains Ferthgil Trollaxe. No problems with him. This area should go down in BG history as the most overwhelming fight of the century lol :D I fought some 10 waves of duerger guards/priests/magi :D And Ferthgil interupted after the 3rd wave (yeah wave no.3 :D) about how good I fought etc (apparently he didn't see the duerger fighter wave sneaking up behind him :P) He wanted to join me party and i had to reform the team smackbang in the middle of the HUGEST fight of the game :devil:

But that's not the bug :D (maybe it is but here's another) I remember seeing a "Drueger Skeleton Conjurer" guy in the middle of cave no.2 or 3 :P He talks to me like "Damn you for gettin so far ... Minions, get em!" Usual pleasantries :D But IDK, there was a guard and two magi near him. But him being a "skeleton" conjurer, shouldn't there have been skeletons too?? Or is he refering to the other drueger as his minions?? And the pesky part is ... He doesn't even lift his finger to fight me :D He is hostile, but no spells, no running, not even swinging that quarterstaff he's holding :wacko:

And guess what?? In the cave that looks like FF HQ (where the fight o the century is :P), when I try to rest, I get a 5 second lag and out comes a pack of 8 ... Drueger Skeleton Conjurers :D And they start over with the "Damn you ..." dialog ... each one of them ... Yeah, 8 times!!! <_< And they still don't budge :mellow:

Any clue what's bugging em?? :cheers:

#55 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

I'm trying to finish off the BG1 part of the mod today itself and I'm stuck with an incomplete quest (from DSotSC). I found the Solitary Valley (which doesn't appear on the worldmap even though "The worldmap gets updated" after speaking to Oupaste <_< with mm75's cool walkthrough :cheers: ) The demons gave me the quest for the body, which I got from Haeball and then I got the quest for the Bow. Thing is, there's supposed to be an area called "North Forest" which seemingly hasn't appeared yet on my worldmap (after all the stuff I learnt from SoBH :crying: )

Can someone give me directions to get there (which side to exit on which map), maybe an ARcode to MoveToArea. On a similar note, can I use NearInfinity to find what each area is called like AR7300.are-->Larswood (:P Just an example. I dunno the real code).

PS: I seemingly finished the earlier dungeon crawler quest about Otho's nephew. Reached the "Ankheg Lair" type level with the Demon Roa'CH (LOL!!! :lol: ) but when I talk to Otho, I get things I don't even know myself in the journal update. Like that the camp was a drow outpost (ok, that I knew) which was led by some guy (I never met this someguy) and that there was a connection with the Nashkel mines quest (that took me by surprise, I never got any hunch, documents, dialog saying that kinda thing) Is Ferthgil needed here too?? :doh: (In my next "evil" playthrough, I'm doing everythig by the book :P Maybe after a couple o years)

I am grossly negligent. I give you that :D In my bid to search for the North Forest by spamming through MoveToArea("DSC001-99"), I found two things:

1. I never went to DSC022, the Drow outpost thing in the cave ... Where another MUCH HUGER fight awaits :D and looook .. more stairs <_< Looks like this is gonna take a helluva lotta time to completely explore. That explains the Nashkel connection ;)
2. There is NO DSC008 area in my game!!! :o Is this the missin "North Forest"??? Plz help :crying:

Maybe this rant should go to the DSotSC forums :D

Edited by Lollorian, 21 March 2009 - 10:10 PM.

#56 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:02 AM

I'm trying to finish off the BG1 part of the mod today itself and I'm stuck with an incomplete quest (from DSotSC). I found the Solitary Valley (which doesn't appear on the worldmap even though "The worldmap gets updated" after speaking to Oupaste <_< with mm75's cool walkthrough :cheers: ) The demons gave me the quest for the body, which I got from Haeball and then I got the quest for the Bow. Thing is, there's supposed to be an area called "North Forest" which seemingly hasn't appeared yet on my worldmap (after all the stuff I learnt from SoBH :crying: )

Can someone give me directions to get there (which side to exit on which map), maybe an ARcode to MoveToArea. On a similar note, can I use NearInfinity to find what each area is called like AR7300.are-->Larswood ( :P Just an example. I dunno the real code). Exit from the north edge of the Wood of the Dead.

PS: I seemingly finished the earlier dungeon crawler quest about Otho's nephew. Reached the "Ankheg Lair" type level with the Demon Roa'CH (LOL!!! :lol: ) but when I talk to Otho, I get things I don't even know myself in the journal update. Like that the camp was a drow outpost (ok, that I knew) which was led by some guy (I never met this someguy) and that there was a connection with the Nashkel mines quest (that took me by surprise, I never got any hunch, documents, dialog saying that kinda thing) Is Ferthgil needed here too?? :doh: (In my next "evil" playthrough, I'm doing everythig by the book :P Maybe after a couple o years)

I am grossly negligent. I give you that :D In my bid to search for the North Forest by spamming through MoveToArea("DSC001-99"), I found two things:

1. I never went to DSC022, the Drow outpost thing in the cave ... Where another MUCH HUGER fight awaits :D and looook .. more stairs <_< Looks like this is gonna take a helluva lotta time to completely explore. That explains the Nashkel connection ;)
2. There is NO DSC008 area in my game!!! :o Is this the missin "North Forest"??? Plz help :crying: No. The Northern Wood is part of NTotSc. AR40PB.

Maybe this rant should go to the DSotSC forums :D

It takes a village...

#57 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:31 AM

You sir, are simply great :D

I'm yet to complete explorin Otho's caverns but I'll put that on hold now :P But the directions to the place (to go north of the Wood of the dead) don't help though. The entire northern edge is covered with trees, and the only areas that seem to have no foliage dont give me the travel wheel thingie. Anyway, thanx for the area code :D

PS: But is DSC008 missing normal???

#58 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:24 AM

You sir, are simply great :D

I'm yet to complete explorin Otho's caverns but I'll put that on hold now :P But the directions to the place (to go north of the Wood of the dead) don't help though. The entire northern edge is covered with trees, and the only areas that seem to have no foliage dont give me the travel wheel thingie. Anyway, thanx for the area code :D It depends on which component of Worldmap you use. If you use original TT you have to access it first thru the southern or eastern edge of Field of the Dead, or the Southern edge of Wood of the Dead. If you use Revised travel time you can only access it via the north edge of Wood of the dead.

PS: But is DSC008 missing normal??? Yes

It takes a village...

#59 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

Hiya there folks, playthrough's going slow nowadays (still explorin Waukeen's :P)

I must say, BG2 looks set to be a LOT easier with all those new stores :D Too bad I'm short of cash :P But yeah, I did run through some bugs in the CtB chores part and another minor glitch with one of the new stores (not sure which but I have the item file attached :P)

Okay, in the candlekeep chores (HELL YEAH!!! They got kinda repetitive after the second time but the rewards AND movies were a blast :D) Only grudge I have with the movies is that the characters don't seem to have armor on :P Come on, ya can't kill Sarevok at level 8 without any armor lol :cheers:

Anyway, the only bug I got was at the end, in the Alchemy lesson with Tethoril. How was I suppoesed to go about it?? I mean, there were no hints (even some kinda color sequence in one of the books would help :crying:) Anyway, I looked up the area scripts in NI and figured it out :P But the game doesn't seem to record that I've already placed the powders in the chests :o And there I was STUCK in an area I couldn't get out of. I finally, CLUAed out to the ground floor and took the third option from Gorion (CtB-FF option) He let me choose 3 MORE skills :D Even though I'd already got 2 skills "legally" before the Alchemy test. So I finally got a total of 5 DIFFERENT skills from the chores :cheers:

I found threads related to this: here and another (non-alchemy one) here

And the other bug was at the store of James Isaac Jyssev :ph34r: (Athkatla, south of circus) He has some armors to sell and one of them had no name <_< Looked up NearInfinity and got the name "Blessed of the Triad" and also saw that the Idenitfied Name is set to None while General name is Blessed of the Triad. How do I edit these names through NI?? I tried clicking on the edit button but it starts processing dialog.tlk and stops soon saying ".. Heap overflow" or sommin :P I've attached the .itm for all to see :D

EDIT: When I was rescued by Imoen, should she have had everything equipped like in BG1?? The others were naked (cause they were prisoners) but she had some very powerful items that were carried over entirely into BG2. In the original BG2 intro, she too was naked (cause she escaped too) This could be exploited by giving her all you Bags of holding with great items before ending BG1 and taking them back after she rescues ya :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 04 April 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#60 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:45 AM

Sorry bout necroing this thread, but I figured this may be the best place to ask (cause when BWP8's up, imma gonna be posting any strange stuff in here :cheers: ) So, I wanted to make this BW Install a flawless one, and totally suited to how I play. I'd been researching the BWP7 pdf guide and found some stuff I may wanna use but aren't installed (probably cause of known bugs). So I figured I'd ask before I ruin something :P

But first off, I'd like some info on these specific components that go astray from the "chosen path" of the install.bat (please note that these are just stuff that seem interesting to me and are probably not at all important :P )

Multiple Protection Items

There are 2 different mods that handle this, Item Revisions and BG2Tweaks. The BWP chooses to use the Item Rev component and the reason given is:

BG2Tweaks
Install Component [Wear Multiple Protection Items]? [N]ot Install
2150 1] P&P Restrictions
2151 2] No Restrictions
This was solved in a better way with the "Item Revisions" component [Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor].

Item Revisions
Install Component 12 [Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor]? Install
BG2 Tweak Pack contains with [Wear Multiple Protection Items] a similar component.

Now, if I choose the "Wear Multiple Protection Items - P&P Restrictions" component from BG2Tweaks instead of the Item Rev one, will it affect anything for worse?? Can someone explain why the Item Rev component is a "better choice"?? I hate seeing unused item slots so why not wear them while having no effect :P

Masterwork Weapons

I agree, this was a refreshing change from all those +1 Short Swords and stuff I had, but I'd become too accustomed to the BG item tier system that the sudden inclusion of "Masterwork Daggers" seemed very distracting. This is installed by Item Revs and SCS:

Item Revisions
Install Component 1 [Masterwork Weapons]? [I]nstall

Sword's Coast Strategems
Install Component [Make Protection from Normal Missiles affect magical projectiles]? [2]
1000 1] No magical missiles penetrate Protection from Normal Missiles
1001 2] Only +1 and better missiles penetrate Protection from Normal Missiles, and +1 missiles are replaced by nonmagical Masterwork versions

I'm thinking of using SCS's "No magical ...." component. Any known issues??

Also, I'm thinking modifying the BP Balancer components to keep ALL mod items (apparently, it removes important items as well, and I don't mind overpowered items. Especially, custom mod items that may have been removed)

Thanks in advance for answers.
Cheers,
Lol

PS: For mods, there's another thread in here that was created due to lag. You might consider deleting it?? :P

EDIT: Fixed quotes

Edited by Lollorian, 08 August 2009 - 05:57 AM.