• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

And it seems like every mage I meet here tends to cast Stoneskin (or one of the Invulnerability spells) as soon as he sees me. From Pelltar himself to the magic store cleric ... :cheers:

umm, you do remember you installed the pre-buff components from SCS?

#22 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

He should have. That's where pre-buffing comes from.

#23 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

I swear I'd uploaded the .dlg files yesterday :o Oh well, here they are (again) ... Almax (I think state 14) and Pelltar (state 29 and 90)

umm, you do remember you installed the pre-buff components from SCS?

Oh :doh: So that's the problem. But shouldn't only hostile (or gonna go hostile) mages pre-buff?? It makes it seem like he's gonna attack as soon as I talk to him :lol:

And I got another "NO VALID LINKS OR DIALOG" from Pelltar. This time after telling him about Zaldar (or whatever the bait seller is called :P) He asks me if I can do the job and then I get the "NO ..." thing :(

If the .dlg files are corrected, will I be able to just edit and play normally???

Otherwise, the mod's been fun :Bow: Luved the BoneHill Castle. Cheers to the BoneHill team :cheers: Can't wait for part deux to begin.

EDIT: Oh wow another bug ... <_< I can't recruit Garrick!!! After I kill Silke, he doesn't come up to me. And when I try to talk to him, "he doesn't have anything to talk right now". And even while speaking to the three Feldepost "thugs", they only say that they're giving me the token of their gratitude. But I don't get anything. I can live without Garrick though ... But if it helps someone else.

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 23 February 2009 - 11:30 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#24 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

I had the "no valid links or dialogs options" with the druid east of the city with my last BGW install.

Anyway, the only thing I could think regarding Garrick is the bug on XP/Vista, fixed by the latest BG2ToB patch. Did you patch your game?

If it's not a patch problem I fear I don't know how to help (but I'm a n00b, so don't despair).
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T

#25 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

@ Lollorian

Thanks for your reports. :)

The problem with Garrick is well known and you can read about it here:
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38000

The best place to report SoBH bugs is the SoBH forum.
erebusant has opened a bug topic for the first part of SoBH and you should write (or copy) your reports there:
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38957

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#26 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:18 AM

@ Lollorian
The problem with Garrick is well known and you can read about it here:
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38000

The best place to report SoBH bugs is the SoBH forum.
erebusant has opened a bug topic for the first part of SoBH and you should write (or copy) your reports there:
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38957

About Garrick, yeah ... I'd read that, but thought it's been fixed in the next BGT (1.07) that was released a few weeks back :P Yeah ... I forgot to mention that she was blown to chunks when I killed her though :P So some variable didn't set or sommin?? :P

Thanx and reporting in the SoBH forums :cheers:

EDIT: I saw the Updated News about SCSII ... Will it affect my install?? What's gonna happen if I've already installed the buggy Fixpack component?? :unsure:

EDIT2: And here's another :D In the Sword's Coast, Pallonia the seer is hostile when I meet her. Me party killed her and had a rep drop of 10 :o She comes up and talks to me and everything though. But then the archers start firing at her :( Reloading ... :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 25 February 2009 - 09:25 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#27 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

About Garrick, yeah ... I'd read that, but thought it's been fixed in the next BGT (1.07) that was released a few weeks back Yeah ... I forgot to mention that she was blown to chunks when I killed her though So some variable didn't set or sommin??

No, this is no BGT bug and like you can read in the given link, we have not really found out, how we can fix this.

I saw the Updated News about SCSII ... Will it affect my install?? What's gonna happen if I've already installed the buggy Fixpack component??

Here you can read more about it:
http://forums.gibber...showtopic=16813

And here's another In the Sword's Coast, Pallonia the seer is hostile when I meet her. Me party killed her and had a rep drop of 10 She comes up and talks to me and everything though. But then the archers start firing at her Reloading

From this bug we heard in the past in our German forum and thought it is fixed with the new SCS version. We'll looking into it.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:51 AM

Here you can read more about it:

So it's only an AI bug??? :ph34r: That's a sigh of relief :lol: I luv the BP scripts btw :D Speaking of acripts, does anyone know any script that works like the BPMulti script but focuses on detecting traps. Durlag's went tough for me with Imoen trying to Hide in the Shadows all the time :P

Ah ... I think (according to the guide) that Durlag's shoulda been go-able only through Gullykin or Ulcaster. But I saw it on the Worldmap in the Firewine Ruins. No problems though :D I luv it :cheers:

Ok, another good-npc-turn-bad case in the Ulcaster Ruins. This time, it's Wilco the messenger. I charmed him, talked and he went :D

And one more in the Firewine Bridge, Poe the bard went hostile after I spoke to Svaltis (who was near him at that time). I'd already talked to him, gave him the 10 gold and everything :wacko: Did he need more?? :P

And I think I ought to mention this, when I finished the Fishermen-sea witch quest in the South Wyrm crossing (siding with the sea witch), the fishermen turned hostile as well after giving me the bowl. Is that part of the quest?? Last time I played, I kicked the witch's butt so IDK :whistling:

#29 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

And I think I ought to mention this, when I finished the Fishermen-sea witch quest in the South Wyrm crossing (siding with the sea witch), the fishermen turned hostile as well after giving me the bowl. Is that part of the quest?? Last time I played, I kicked the witch's butt so IDK :whistling:

That's from the original Baldur's Gate, and yes, you could kill them if you wanted to, as they try to run.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#30 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

Speaking of acripts, does anyone know any script that works like the BPMulti script but focuses on detecting traps.

aTweaks has a thief script for your reasons.

Ok, another good-npc-turn-bad case in the Ulcaster Ruins. This time, it's Wilco the messenger.

Another thing, that should be fixed with the newer SCS versions. This and Pallonia are well known in this case and we thought this was fixed. Like I said before, we'll looking into it. Perhaps something else is now changing these scripts...

And one more in the Firewine Bridge, Poe the bard went hostile after I spoke to Svaltis (who was near him at that time).

Looks like the same problem, but this is the first report about him. We put him on the check list.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 26 February 2009 - 08:43 PM.

- Chevalier

#31 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hello there people, two days without bugs :cheers: but they return on the third :ph34r:

This has been discussed by Nedrah over here. I'm going through Cloakwood now and started the "Shadows of Cloakwood" quest from Seniyad. He asked me to rescue two of his druids, Beador and Maretha. I've killed the standing-in Archdruid, Amarande in the Treehouse in Cloakwood 3, found Beador with "his playmates" (??) in Cloakwood 4 and killed the second "unnamed" Archdruid in the Cloakwood mines (haven't explored it fully though :P). Now after rescuing Beador, he asks me to cross the bridge in Cloakwood 4 (where he is) and go south to the Treehouse (in Cloakwood 3). I must admit that I was confused by the directions and went to the mines first :P but it shouldn't matter non?? When I realized what I'd done, I went to CW3 (both directly as well as by Beador's directions) but in front of the Treehouse, I found the third Archdruid (forgot his name :P Alaundo??? :D) and a lone "Druid of Cloakwood" standing there with (I think) Stoneskin cast on themselves. I went near them, tried initiating dialog (They have nothing to say) and force fighting them (methinks the Archdruid should surrender or sommin when his health reached 50% but that didn't happen) And each time I went into the Treehouse (both floors) and there was no Maretha.

So here's the bug report in a sentence: Where is Maretha??? :D

PS: I saw the journal entry which said that "I better avoid the Treetop". Did my raiding the Treehouse before rescuing Beador fup the quest?? More journal entries needed here too btw :cheers:

And one more li'l thing I noticed but forgot to tell yas earlier.

During my fight with Rhialto, the Cloakwood 4 FMV (the Wyvern and the farmer and the cow :D) played twice. I noticed his Wild Surges said Wild Surge: COW!!! at that time :D Is this related to the cow being carried by the wyvern??

#32 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

Rhialto uses a summon cow spell that comes with its own playing of the wyvern flying with cow movie.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#33 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

Like I said to Nedrah:
It would be great, if you can post your problem in the BG1 NPC Project forum. The people there knows the quest and perhaps they can help us, to solve this problem.

There are to many variables, so we should ask in the BG1 NPC Project Forum and find out, what's going on here...

And it is better if one of you both post there, because you can test and try things in-game, what I can't do at the moment.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 01 March 2009 - 10:58 PM.

- Chevalier

#34 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:06 AM

Lollorian, thanks for your report in the BG1 NPC Project forum. Nice that you found the right thread, too. The problem was well known in this forum and should be solved with the new v17. If someone needs more infos about it or how he can solve the problem in-game with v16 look here:
http://forums.gibber...showtopic=16588

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 03 March 2009 - 12:07 AM.

- Chevalier

#35 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

And here's another In the Sword's Coast, Pallonia the seer is hostile when I meet her. Me party killed her and had a rep drop of 10 She comes up and talks to me and everything though. But then the archers start firing at her Reloading

From this bug we heard in the past in our German forum and thought it is fixed with the new SCS version. We'll looking into it.

SCS bug, yes: this is a consequence of my fix being a bit more quick-and-dirty than Taimon's (to save runtime) - I just manually remove help scripts from randoms like this who don't actually need them anyway. Pallonia's one I didn't know about; I recommend you fix it in BWP by deleting her "shout" script, which is what I'll do in the next official release.

On a separate topic, if neutral characters using stoneskin annoys you, typing

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWNoNeutralPreBuff","GLOBAL",1)

at the cheat console ought to fix it.

#36 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:56 AM

Hehe :lol: Glad to be of help lol :coolthumb:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DMWWNoNeutralPreBuff","GLOBAL",1)
at the cheat console ought to fix it.

:cheers: Thanx a LOT!!! :D Exactly the thing I needed. Normal skin FTW!!! :D

#37 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

David, thank you very much to looking into this thread and for the useful information. :cheers:

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:15 AM

Hello again BiG fellas :cheers: Tis been quite some time eh?? Just goes to show how stable it is :D

Ok, another bug report, in the Merchant League building. Aldeth asked me his quest to investigate his homies, I spoke to Brandilar, picked the lock on Zorl's table, took the documents, gave Edie a potion of genius, rattled off the doppelgangers to Brandi boi, Zorl went red and got a good spankin :D I went to the third floor, emptied it from doppels. Went to ground floor, emptied it from doppels (with the Iren guy turning doppel too).

But Brandilar seems paranoid and thinks there are more doppels left lol <_< The people left now (after killing every doppel) in each floor are as follows:

First floor (entrance floor): 3 merchants
Second floor: Aldeth, Brandilar, Bartender, 2 Merchants, Edie, Cook
Third floor (party hall): NOBODY :devil:

So, what happened?? Who's left?? Or what's next?? Did someone not turn into a doppel or can doppelgangers go invisible??

And if this is another unfinishable quest like Garrick-Silke, can someone tell me which global to set to force Mr.Brandi to admit that I've done me job?? Plz :crying:

#39 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:49 AM

To solve this quest you must defeat all Doppels. I can't say if this is the same thing like Garrick (for Zorl and Irlentree) or the bug with the dead enemy counters (for the Doppels). Two things could be happen, too. The missing Doppels are invisible and you must detect them or one of them is behind a door (a little door bug), so you could try to close all the opened doors from the other side to see if one Doppel is behind there.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#40 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:51 AM

Hmmm ... I did a run of the building with Dispel invisibility and didn't find anyone. And there's no door in the building so the door bug is outta question (btw, is it really a bug or is it cause the door just obstructs the view?? :P)

Yeah, it really seems to be the messed up death counters. I remember blowing two doppelgangers to bits on the third floor. This "blown-pieces-don't-count" bug is really annoying though. Is there anything that can turn crit hits off??

Anyway, can someone tell me what global to set or get in order to complete this?? Or maybe I should Clua some doppels to get the count right?? (IDK the doppel monster code though :P) Yeah, I'm a completist :whistling: On a similar note, is there some kinda list on which quest sets/uses which globals??

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention that something veeerrrryyy similar happened within the Seven Suns as well. I cleared the 2 floors as well as the basement, rescued Jhasso but the only reply I get to tell Scar is that the doppelgangers are overwhelming. LOL!!! :woot: They were anything but "overwhelming" :lol:

Another thing i noticed, when i speak to Aldeth on the second floor, and choose the third option "... why are ya havin the anniv party?? etc" He tells me to talk to Brandilar, even when I've already talked to him. And when I talk to Brandi (after choosing Aldeth's third option for the second time), he acts like he doesn't know me :o And I show him the documents again (which I've already done as I don't have em in me inventory at the moment <_< ) I know this was there in vanilla BG but shouldn't it have been fixed or sommin???

Edited by Lollorian, 10 March 2009 - 04:42 AM.