German commentator in BG1 section

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Boy at a busstop

Boy at a busstop
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:40 AM

Concerning the German language at some stages I might have the answer.

I was setting up my installation for BWP and extracted a couple files named "missing BG1 files" from the linkliste. I started my BG1 game after that to check if it worked alright and suddenly the intro text was in german. I deleted the files and everything was back to english.

Now, I really don't mind german as I speak it myself, but you might want to add a note to the file in the linkliste that it's only for use in german copies of the game?

#22 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

Hey Boy at a busstop, you're completely right. :)

Strontium Dog and Beergoggles have you downloaded the "BG1 Missing Files"? These files are only for the German version. I'll describe it better in the BWP Linklist to avoid this in the future.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#23 -Beergoggles-

-Beergoggles-

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:41 AM

Leomar: Yes, I had downloaded the 'BG1 Missing Files' into both my installations mentioned on this thread, as at that stage they were not marked as German only. The strange thing is that they are in my latter install as well which I am still running and I have no German as of yet, even though I have now arrived at Baldur's Gate city.

In fact the only problems I have had are a bit of lag in the Bandits Camp and the well-known Beregost entrance/exit problem. Apart from those, no problems at all.

(Apart from my bad gameplay of course! Still can't kill the DSotSC banshee........Just as an aside, which mod removes the Boots of Speed from Drasus/Cloakwood Mines? I was looking forward to them - might have helped me with that damned banshee!). <_<

#24 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:16 AM

Nice to hear, that all is fine now. And the problem with the "BG1 Missing Files" (if you get German language) will end if you enter BG2. These files are for BG1 only.

Yes, I had downloaded the 'BG1 Missing Files' into both my installations mentioned on this thread, as at that stage they were not marked as German only.

It is marked now.

as an aside, which mod removes the Boots of Speed from Drasus/Cloakwood Mines?

This is a bug of the BP-Balancer and will be fixed with the next version. Sorry, you must find another way to kill the Banshee or leveling a bit and get back to her.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 09 December 2008 - 01:18 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#25 -Beergoggles-

-Beergoggles-

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:36 AM

This is a bug of the BP-Balancer and will be fixed with the next version. Sorry, you must find another way to kill the Banshee or leveling a bit and get back to her.

Aha! I had searched for......well, minutes...to try and find the culprit. Thanks again for the heads-up. I'll look forward to the next version of the BP-Balancer.