Photo

cbisson's Familiar Pack

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elvendur

elvendur
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:20 PM

okay, the read me only says it is a override, yet i have not a single clue how to add it to my override file properly.. i obviously don't drag-drop, or else i am positive i'd see at least 'one' file inside my override, which i don't.

any help will be WONDERFUL!
will be checking frequently.

#2 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:45 AM

For some reason there's no weidu exe file included in the zip file.

The easiest thing to do is take another mods .exe file (for instance, if you downloaded Unfinished Business you will have a file called "setup-UB.exe"), make a copy of it and rename it to;
Setup-FamiliarPack.exe

Then run that exe and it will install. (assuming of course that the Setup-FamiliarPack.tp2 and the folder and the newly named exe are all in your BG2 directory)

Just so you know, the exe files that come with all mods are just the weidu exe renamed. Weidu uses it's file name to locate the tp2 file for the mod it's supposed to install.

Hope that helps some. (sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been lazy about checking this forum lately :) if you need more help, feel free to ask)

Edited by Duality, 17 September 2008 - 08:47 AM.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:53 AM

The easiest thing to do is take another mods .exe file (for instance, if you downloaded Unfinished Business you will have a file called "setup-UB.exe"), make a copy of it and rename it to; Setup-FamiliarPack.exe

Well, technically the best option is to download the WeiDU.rar from here, unrar the files, and rename the WeiDU.exe in there...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

That would be the best, I went for the "lazy" option, which is what I usually use :)

#5 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:09 PM

I happen to have WeiDU in my System32 folder, so I simply enter weidu setup-mymod.tp2 in a command prompt.

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo