Photo

Cannot access Bandit Camp in BGT Bigg Mod.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 -Omar-

-Omar-

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:57 AM

Aahaa! I didn't know I had to meet Tranzig. Now I did but that didn't help anything. From Peldvale or Larswood I try to go to bandit camp but still the same thing happens. By the way, the bandits in those areas just tell me to go away, is that normal?

I'm not sure if the Cluaconsole is working for me, when I press ctrl+space a bar appears underneath the textbox and when I write the move to area thingy, some text appears in the textbox. But anyways, I'm now copying the folder into another, pelit folder ( I'm finnish also :D) and will try if that works.

You might want to now that I'm playing multiplayer game with myself with two characters I created on my own.

-omar

#22 -Omar-

-Omar-

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:37 AM

Aahaa! I didn't know I had to meet Tranzig. Now I did but that didn't help anything. From Peldvale or Larswood I try to go to bandit camp but still the same thing happens. By the way, the bandits in those areas just tell me to go away, is that normal?

I'm not sure if the Cluaconsole is working for me, when I press ctrl+space a bar appears underneath the textbox and when I write the move to area thingy, some text appears in the textbox. But anyways, I'm now copying the folder into another, pelit folder ( I'm finnish also :D) and will try if that works.

You might want to now that I'm playing multiplayer game with myself with two characters I created on my own.

-omar

Now I try to cluaconsole to bandit camp and the loading screen appears and then the game crashes exactly as with Krenn.

-omar

#23 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

Now you did know that to actually go to the Bandit Camp, you need to go to Larswood or Peldvale and meet the bandits to get the map from them? ...After you have met the Tranzig in Beregost's Feltpost's Inn, this was changed in BGT v1.05(I think, though I am unsure of the exact version), as it Ascension64 felt that it suited better on the evidence...

That is a Worldmap "Revised" component change.

It takes a village...

#24 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

@ Omar

Again, which BWP version you use? :)

And I see not the BG2 Fixpack in your WeiDU.log. By such a megamod you need BG2 Fixpack for some of the installed mods, so more bugs could occur.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#25 -Omar-

-Omar-

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:53 AM

i don't know how to see which bwp i got. And the fixpack isn't there, but i try to install it and it sayd it's allready installed. it also says that if i'm sure it isn't installed search for fixpack.installed and delete it, but I can't find that..

#26 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:44 AM

:rolleyes: Might it be that you didn't know that the (G3)BG2Fixpack is different than the BWP fixpack and/or the BD-WeiDU Fixpack...
As we are looking for the ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v7 ...'s, that you don't have. The Leomar's linked you to it. Now the BWP did update the BG2Fixpack, does it now, hard to say, without the .pdf at hand... :whistling:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#27 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

Now the BWP did update the BG2Fixpack, does it now, hard to say, without the .pdf at hand...

Yes, you see the following, now:

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #0 // BG2 Fehlerbehebungen (Hauptteil): v7 BWP fix

And the fixes are the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: BG2 Fixpack

:: Wisp's RNDTRE05 fix http://forums.gibber...s...st&p=141778
:: Wisp's Hendak fix http://forums.gibber...s...st&p=142049
:: Anomaly's French setup.tra update http://forums.gibber...showtopic=16564

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 30 January 2009 - 05:23 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#28 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:52 AM

And did you work out which mod is putting the scalp in his hand?

That would be BGT apparently, per the developer's document ("Bandit scalp pickpocket exploit fix"). Though it is not just one bandit, but almost all of them, and frankly I don't know why that'd be causing a crash in itself...

Edit: also there are a bunch of invalid .cre spawns in ar8700.are on my install (rdbg166 etc.).

Edited by Miloch, 06 June 2009 - 04:09 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle