Photo

Small problem with IWD: HoW: ToTL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Freedan the Eternal

Freedan the Eternal
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

Okay, running Trials of the Luremaster for the first time, and encountered something interesting (or stupid, depending on how you look at it).

The metallic clang sound effect made when a character attacks and misses has been replaced with the snarl sound effect that a wolf makes when it attacks and misses.

I'm fairly sure this isn't supposed to happen. And it gets annoying to hear all my party members barking like dogs during a fight.

No mods installed, so I know it's not that.

Reinstalling didn't help.

EDIT: I did try the fixes component of the G3 Tweak Pack, but it didn't help either.

My thought is that I either got a slightly faulty patch and need to download it again, or I need to run over to G3 and hound Cam to get it included in the fixes of the Tweak Pack. Can anyone direct me to the right choice?

Edited by Freedan the Eternal, 30 August 2007 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

Faulty patch, game disks in need of a cleaning, gremlin in the install - those are my opinions. I doubt very much that G3 will fix something that only one person has a problem with.

#3 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:56 AM

Reinstalling TotL might fix it. You said you never had this problem with only IWD installed or HoW so I doubt it's a problem with your game discs. ToTL is the latest patch, so if you patched after installing that, well, that's the problem right there.

The simple fix is to delete the sound file from your override (which should restore the original sound).
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#4 Freedan the Eternal

Freedan the Eternal
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:09 PM

Okay, then. I'll play around with it a bit more. Check for a sound file in the override? That'll be my first.

I really don't want to download again, because my connection sucks, and it took over six hours the first time.