• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

What the heck. Might as well post some of my recent attempts at art. I don't really bother trying to draw men, since they all inevitably wind up looking like Gavin.

These first two were for the Aerie challenge.

"The Letter" illustrates a banter between Gavin and Aerie.
"Stargazing" illustrates a banter between Haldamir and Aerie.

Attached Images

• GavinAndAerie.jpg
  • HaldamirAndAerie.jpg

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

Play-by post characters.

Should have done a pale background for the aquatic elf, because her coloring is washed out by the dark teal background, but oh, well. You can't erase Prismacolor.

Attached Images

• Vaenys.jpg
  • Yrathiae.jpg

Edited by berelinde, 15 July 2007 - 11:56 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#3 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

:blink: a little at the figure on the elf on the far right, but very nice drawings. :)
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#4 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

Yeah, OTT, but I liked the shading, so I left it. But I'm going to take it off the post.

Edited by berelinde, 15 July 2007 - 11:55 PM.

berelinde's mods

#5 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:30 AM

Not too sure if the dark teal was necessarily the right color for that particular drawing, but I'm even less sure if a lighter color would have served better. Personally, I kind of like the contrast in brightness.

And, geez, how many weapons does that guy got on himself :blink: ?
(I like parentheses.)

#6 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

Nothing really wrong with the teal background (though more of a sea-green would be better for me) on the aquatic elf, however I'd try and take it even darker if you could, then darken the shading on the figure itself a bit. The lack of contrast on her is what makes it look washed-out in my opinion. Same with the woman on the right in your second post...more contrast needed. The aquatic elf is missing her right leg as well...boating accident? :)

Were you using references in the second set? The anatomy, proportions, and poses are significantly better than the first set.
NWN2 Heads and Hairstyles, or How I Became a Virtual Beautician : Whatbrick's NWN2 Character Customization Collection
Bring out the Angel or Demon in you...or at least their wings: Neverwinter Nights 2 - Wings Galore Pak v1.0

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:56 PM

Yes, I started using pictures of nudes for figure reference, then drawing on the clothes later. Here's the latest set. Saemon Havarian and Salvanas can be found in the appropriate Art Challenges, but here are some that are buried in Play-by-Post campaign thread, and therefore aren't viewable to folks at large.

The darkhaired elf seems to be suffering from a severe case of bad proportions. Her head is way outsized for her body, and she seems to be suffering from elephantitis of the jaw, but she's all right for a quick character portrait. The blond elf is supposed to be Elanil, a sun elf cleric. She's young, inexperienced, and seems to have a bit of a squint. The darkhaired man was supposed to be a ranger in leather armor, but I was too happy with the way the torso turned out to let him finish putting on his shirt. Yes, I realize that the rest of his shirt should be trailing behind him, but such is life.

Attached Images

• Trixie1.jpg
  • Elanil1.jpg
  • Iain1.jpg

berelinde's mods

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

The dark-haired elf is way cool.

The guy on the right had me immediately thinking of Valygar's bathing flirt in Corthala Romantique.

#9 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:07 PM

Ooo! The first one of this series is really neat, the face turned out real pretty.
And the pose on the third one is really good. ^^

The middle one though, I think she's holding the mace and the shield in an somehow awkward manner.

#10 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:24 AM

Thanks!

Never played CR (but can't wait!), but going for a swim is a possibility!

And yes, now that I look at the mace again, I see what you mean, WeeRLegion. Ah, well.

berelinde's mods