• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#121 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

Just letting folks know I haven't forgotten Alexandria-I just have a lot on my plate in real life at the moment, and I'm in another severe case of writer's block. I've got the central event of the chapter written up, but setting it all up and leading in to it is a real problem. I was able to write a chapter last week, but it's not one y'all will see anytime soon-There Goes The Neighborhood won't be showing up for a while yet, but it joins Masquerade, Storm Front, The Calling, and A Fire In The Night in the section on MS word that I keep in reserve for when Alexandria's journey finally takes her to those parts. One of them will show up before too much longer, but I won't say which. :)

What I will say is that the next two or three chapters are all going to be action-heavy.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#122 The Red Knight

The Red Knight
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:25 PM

Score! More Killing Jaheria dies???? Please?

#123 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

I can safely guarantee no major characters will die during the next two or three chapters (though in Alexandria's case, it won't be for lack of trying). Currently, I'm dealing with another severe case of writer's block-I'm in about the sixth rendition of this particular chapter. It's looking like this next one won't be a true action chapter, though it certainly gets off to a big start, but the one or two afterwards will. It's almost time for the assault on the Cloakwood Mines, and it will occur rather differently in ASE than in the canon game, because the way it all happens in the game doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You'll want to enjoy the action while you can, though-once the assault is over, it's back to peace and intrigue for a while.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#124 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:12 PM

Score! More Killing Jaheria dies???? Please?

:blink:

Um... Perhaps someone more annoying? :ermm: And maybe not popular?

Say, like Noober/Neeber for instance? :unsure:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#125 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:35 AM

Sorry, but Jaheira is too important to the storyline, and I'm currently on my seventh version of this chapter-I just cannot get it to come out the way I want it to. Oh, and I have some specific plans for Noober and Neeber down the line... :whistling:

#126 The Red Knight

The Red Knight
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:33 AM

I like Tempest's Jaheria I whole lot better than the one in game " Yes oh omipresient authority figure?" Gah I want to kill her often .... I even take Jan or Fladorn over her, because she causes me internal hemmoraging

#127 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:08 PM

Memorable as that line is, I base Jaheira's depiction on her BG2 incarnation. Faldorn's KIA in this story, and I don't know if Jan will ever make an appearance.

#128 The Red Knight

The Red Knight
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:42 AM

I blame BG1 for ruining Jaheria for me.

#129 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

Well it was their first shot at it, at least they had her lines improve. :)

Though about that remark, I always found a bit of an irony about it. <_<

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#130 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

This is just an fyi-after more than a month of hiatus, I am returning to ASE-the next chapter is about 1/3 written at the moment. The tale kinda fell by the wayside with other things demanding my attention and me subsequently kinda forgetting about it, but I'm hoping to have the next chapter done in a couple of days.

#131 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:23 AM

Yay!!! New chapter at long last!!! The Jaheira-Khalid interactions just made me go awwww...
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#132 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:47 AM

I do live up to my promises... eventually. :devil: This chapter was originally supposed to be something much bigger-Alexandria had been scheduled to meet a green dragon during this chapter, but I just couldn't get it to feel right. Action junkies should be happy-the assault on the Cloakwood Mines is coming up next, and it will occur rather differently than it does in-game, since the in-game battle for the mines makes no sense.

#133 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

Someone please kill me now, for the good of mankind. I'm writing chapter 24, and I think I'm seeing the possibility of a romance between Xan and Imoen. >_> Only a vauge possibility, but the sheer fact that I thought of it is disturbing.

#134 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

Tee-hee! He's doomed!

(Seriously, I couldn't think of a worse fate for him if I tried. Well done!)

#135 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

(Seriously, I couldn't think of a worse fate for him if I tried. Well done!)

Aside from Xan and Alora? :blink:

~***~***~***~

#136 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

Chapter 25 is already about a third of the way finished-I'm hoping to return to writing a chapter a week or so, as real-life time allows. I know the last few chapters haven't been my best, but the Cloakwood Mines in particular had so much subplotting and whatnot that I think I just wanted to get them over and done with. :( But for a while now, it will be the stuff I like best-dialogue, subplots, intrigue, and even some sparks of romance are planned. :) And another familiar face to BG2 fans is scheduled to make a guest appearance soon.

#137 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:05 AM

Oooh, sorry for missing your latest chapter. I can't say I enjoyed the Cloakwood Mines chapters, but I loved your inventiveness and how you tried to portray it as it actually might have gone down. But I liked this most recent one-Imoen's a great character as always, and her flirting with Xan was adorable. Their plot speculation was entertaining, and I'm looking forward to more, especially if you're upping the writing pace.
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#138 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

The writing pace is definitely picking up on my part-I'm starting to sink my teeth back into the story now that I'm moving on to a patch of really interesting parts-I've always said I had big plans for when Alexandria hit Baldur's Gate, and that will happen in two more chapters. And romance fans, be happy-the next chapter is going to be a big one for Alexandria and Ajantis. (Note to certain people-you know who you are-: the next chapter won't just be a coincidence-it was wonderful inspiration). The plot is currently set to "thicken".

#139 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

The writing pace is definitely picking up on my part-I'm starting to sink my teeth back into the story now that I'm moving on to a patch of really interesting parts-I've always said I had big plans for when Alexandria hit Baldur's Gate, and that will happen in two more chapters. And romance fans, be happy-the next chapter is going to be a big one for Alexandria and Ajantis. (Note to certain people-you know who you are-: the next chapter won't just be a coincidence-it was wonderful inspiration). The plot is currently set to "thicken".

Nice to hear that. I've been rather enjoying the story so far.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#140 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

Good to hear someone's still reading. :) I'm sorry for the quality (or more properly, the lack thereof) of the Cloakwood chapters, but they were a necessary excursion. I'm getting back into the swing of things-I probably could do two chapters a week if it weren't for real life time constraints.

Oh, and before anyone gets any funny ideas about what happened at the end of In the Pale Moonlight, it will be clarified at the beginning of the next chapter.