Photo

Can't find Fade :(

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Toxeus

Toxeus
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:31 AM

She has been stolen by Mallon's people. On a scene of crime there was a roll with a mention of Temple district. I have three times searched this area (every temple, sewers), but nobody has found :(
Where is she??

#2 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:46 AM

Heh. Funny that this should still cause a problem after all the noise that's been made about it :).

Fade is in the Guarded Compound (you know, where you can find Celestial Fury), top floor, all the way in the back.

Edited by Lord Ernie, 22 January 2007 - 07:46 AM.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#3 Toxeus

Toxeus
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:27 AM

Hurray, she is back! ;) Thanks.

Funny that this should still cause a problem after all the noise that's been made about it

Well, i have read FAQ and used search, but nothing was found. Can you give me link to this noisy discussion? :)

#4 OldVeteran

OldVeteran
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:31 AM

I had problems with this at first too, but I was quite sure it wasn't the sewers so I just searched all temples.
Then I figured the scroll mentioned stronghold and the guarded compound seems like one and i remember it being infested with slavers..
--GhostNWN

#5 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:31 AM

I could, but most of it took place on CoM.

In short, the way it was coded locked down the Guarded Compound until the quest was triggered, for which people kicked up a lot of racket. That particular bug isn't in the current version, though.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#6 Toxeus

Toxeus
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:53 AM

Actually there was something strange connected with Guarded Compound. I had Fade in party when have gone for Celestial Fury. Fade instantly died as soon as I rose on the second floor. Protection From Magic Energy has solved this problem :)

#7 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:56 AM

Yeah, that's a known issue (I had the same problem). It's been fixed for the next release :).

#8 Degrofeluos

Degrofeluos
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

Hi

Hmmh seems to me i'm the only one who never ever tried to get in the guarded compound and ron the place before the fademod came along

mfg

#9 -DragonMaster-

-DragonMaster-

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:33 PM

Heh. Funny that this should still cause a problem after all the noise that's been made about it :).

Fade is in the Guarded Compound (you know, where you can find Celestial Fury), top floor, all the way in the back.

Ok now I'm curretntly upstairs in the Guarded compound and have searched every inch of it. even in the far back and can't find Fade. Or any clue what-so-ever that would tell me where she would be.

Now I'm using Version 3 of the Fade mod and it's my first time using the mod. I do have Tactics2 mod also installed which adds a Rogue Stone telling about the Docs area and where you find the Staff of the Magi. Might the two mods be conflicting to where one is over writing the other in this area?

Now when I first went into the guarded compound There was a line where it mentions that I've come for fade" or something along them lines and one of them make a comment about "I was wondering when you would come" or something along those lines. After cleaning out the Lower deck I proceeded to the upstairs and had my "Party AI" off. Other wise you get nailed by the two traps at the top of the stairs. I took them out and than it was nothing but fighting no talking at all. Killed them all and searched the whole upstairs cleaning up everything of value. But no Fade.

Now could the fact of my having the Tactics2 mod installed with the Guarded compound portion of that mod be conflicting somewhere?

Thanks for any and all help

DragonMaster

Any help would be appreciated. I like her so far. She seems to be a great mod what little I've been able to play her.

#10 DragonMaster

DragonMaster
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:54 PM

Ok now I'm currently upstairs in the Guarded compound and have searched every inch of it. even in the far back and can't find Fade. Or any clue what-so-ever that would tell me where she would be.

Now I'm using Version 3 of the Fade mod and it's my first time using the mod. I do have Tactics2 mod also installed which adds a Rogue Stone telling about the Docs area and where you find the Staff of the Magi. Might the two mods be conflicting to where one is over writing the other in this area?

Now when I first went into the guarded compound There was a line where it mentions that I've come for fade" or something along them lines and one of them make a comment about "I was wondering when you would come" or something along those lines. After cleaning out the Lower deck I proceeded to the upstairs and had my "Party AI" off. Other wise you get nailed by the two traps at the top of the stairs. I took them out and than it was nothing but fighting no talking at all. Killed them all and searched the whole upstairs cleaning up everything of value. But no Fade.

Now could the fact of my having the Tactics2 mod installed with the Guarded compound portion of that mod be conflicting somewhere?

Thanks for any and all help

DragonMaster

Any help would be appreciated. I like her so far. She seems to be a great mod what little I've been able to play her.

#11 Chimas

Chimas
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:16 AM

I'm having the same problem with fade...
If someone nows what to do, please lend us a hand :D

#12 Golden Thief

Golden Thief
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

You are on the top floor of the Guard Compound where you obtain the celestial fury, right?
If so, then after the fight you should go to the back and in the room on the upper right, there you should meet Mallon. Deal with him and then in the room should be Fade laying on the floor by the wall behind the paravan. So look closely for her.

If Mallon didn't show up as he was suppose to then you could try creating him with the console, the code is E3MALLON.

Edited by Golden Thief, 15 May 2007 - 06:09 PM.

#13 Chimas

Chimas
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:05 AM

Mallon doesn't show up if you have Tactics2 installed, you just have to unistall it... at least it worked for me

#14 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:49 AM

Or install Fade after Tactics.