Photo

Looking for some writers and artists for a large project!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:14 AM

As some may have noticed, Illyria now has a new workroom - labelled Rayen. Rayen will be a new city, around 2/3 of the size of Athkatla - and hopefully just as immersive and interesting, if not more. Rayen started as the small village in which Illyria's mother, Sara, lived - but several discussions and a month later, I decided to turn it into its own mod entirely, and it began to grow a life of its own.

Rayen will feature 4 districts, each with its own important characters, quests, and back story (of which, I assure you, there will be plenty!). The four sections are Military, Common/Housing District, Nobles District and the Trade District.

Rayen is on the border of Tethyr forest, and is available throughout SoA and ToB. There will be several different major outcomes the PC can achieve, depending on which quests they complete, in which order, and what decisions they make whilst in Rayen. There will no typically 'good' and 'evil' options, and sometimes what may seem like a good option will actually be disastrous, and vice versa.

Also available will be several new strongholds, which may not be dependant on class as much as alignment and PC attitude. One which *will be* dependant upon class is the Necromancer stronghold (the quest to gain this stronghold is tentatively labelled ZOMBIES!!, much to the delight of several I've told about it. *grins*).

But yes... I can write. I can code. I can concept. I can do art. What I can't do...

... Is do it all alone. Is there anyone out there with some spare time and some skills, whether they be writing (writing for non joinable NPCs, mainly PC dialogue but with some NPC interjections if you feel so inclined!), art (suggestions for creating areas would be great - I'm willing to get down on my knees and BEG for good textures, as well! Portraits, bams - anything is great)...

Probably the most important thing at the moment, however, is concepts. The very, very core concept of the mod is written - but what about all the little quests? Fed-Ex quests, NPC Quests (I already have an idea for a Jan one!), long, involved, complicated quests with lots of guesswork... as I said earlier, anything is great!

This is admittedly one of my 'ideas', which sometimes never reach the light of day. However, I do think it has the potential to go far, with some help - can you imagine; a whole new city for BG2, with new quests, completely new characters, a totally original setting to work from... almost anything is possible.

Anyone up for such a project? ;D

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:59 PM

I just want to point out that Rayen is not actually a part of Illyria, but rather an entirely separate mod - the only connection is a brief quest in ToB concerning Saranan, Illyria's mother. :)

#3 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

good textures

like what?

how are the areas going to be created 2d or 3d?
Live Free Or Die

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:28 PM

3d :) I've got some experience with 3D Studio Max, so I'll be working with that.

#5 Tate

Tate
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:34 AM

I could help out with writing, if you need any.

#6 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:41 AM

I have at least one NPC in mind to add.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:55 AM

Awesome - Tate, I'll PM you soon with details etc. Azzy - will get back to you soon!

#8 Thauron

Thauron
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 07:11 AM

Hey K'aeloree,

As some sort of retired modder, who feels the urge to use some of his creative energies again, I am willing to lend a hand. Who knows - if i like it again, I might back to my own mod in time...

I am - or maybe "used to be" is better - familiar with most aspects of modding the IE - devoted some serious amount of time to modding and did some bug-hunting for BG1NPC4BGT once so... - for but I'll send you a PM with some dialogues, item descr., etc. etc. so you can have an idea of what I can do - and what I can't. ;)

#9 Feuille

Feuille
  • Modder
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

Yo Liam!

I was wondering (though tentatively) if you'd got all the people you need for Rayen? I've got exams coming up and I don't know what I could do but I'd like to help, if I could. Miss Sakaki and I figured out how to turn pictures into areas!

Mystery, self-deception and shameless flirting. Rejoice, for the Luxley family is now released!

Sweet tooth? Why don't you try out Nathaniel? Now out for SoA and ToB!

#10 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:26 PM

Hee! Well, I've had a few offers, but nothing concrete - so I guess its still up in the air at the moment! Any help would be absolutely welcome. :)

#11 -Don Leo Capomafia-

-Don Leo Capomafia-

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:44 AM

Hi,if you need help maybe you are intersted in a designer...i am a good drawer and great fan of baldur's gate ,icewind dale and vampire redemption...there are some of my works just to see how i work

http://it.geocities....omafia/warb.jpg

http://it.geocities....pomafia/ocb.jpg

http://it.geocities....mafia/mecab.jpg

http://it.geocities....omafia/orgb.jpg

http://it.geocities....pomafia/orc.jpg

http://it.geocities....afia/schelb.jpg

http://it.geocities....omafia/vanb.jpg

http://it.geocities....mafia/concb.jpg

if you need help from me contact me to donleocapomafia@libero.it
so we can talk about the project and what you need...BYE

#12 -....-

-....-

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:48 AM

... i forgot...i can give to you also a lot of textures i used in my last half-life expansion :) enjoy

#13 Keldon

Keldon
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:08 AM

As some may have noticed, Illyria now has a new workroom - labelled Rayen. Rayen will be a new city, around 2/3 of the size of Athkatla - and hopefully just as immersive and interesting, if not more. Rayen started as the small village in which Illyria's mother, Sara, lived - but several discussions and a month later, I decided to turn it into its own mod entirely, and it began to grow a life of its own.

Rayen will feature 4 districts, each with its own important characters, quests, and back story (of which, I assure you, there will be plenty!). The four sections are Military, Common/Housing District, Nobles District and the Trade District.

Rayen is on the border of Tethyr forest, and is available throughout SoA and ToB. There will be several different major outcomes the PC can achieve, depending on which quests they complete, in which order, and what decisions they make whilst in Rayen. There will no typically 'good' and 'evil' options, and sometimes what may seem like a good option will actually be disastrous, and vice versa.

Also available will be several new strongholds, which may not be dependant on class as much as alignment and PC attitude. One which *will be* dependant upon class is the Necromancer stronghold (the quest to gain this stronghold is tentatively labelled ZOMBIES!!, much to the delight of several I've told about it. *grins*).

But yes... I can write. I can code. I can concept. I can do art. What I can't do...

... Is do it all alone. Is there anyone out there with some spare time and some skills, whether they be writing (writing for non joinable NPCs, mainly PC dialogue but with some NPC interjections if you feel so inclined!), art (suggestions for creating areas would be great - I'm willing to get down on my knees and BEG for good textures, as well! Portraits, bams - anything is great)...

Probably the most important thing at the moment, however, is concepts. The very, very core concept of the mod is written - but what about all the little quests? Fed-Ex quests, NPC Quests (I already have an idea for a Jan one!), long, involved, complicated quests with lots of guesswork... as I said earlier, anything is great!

This is admittedly one of my 'ideas', which sometimes never reach the light of day. However, I do think it has the potential to go far, with some help - can you imagine; a whole new city for BG2, with new quests, completely new characters, a totally original setting to work from... almost anything is possible.

Anyone up for such a project? ;D

I have been involved in the adventure gaming world for close to 20 years now. I feel I have a ton of really good ideas, but have little to no experience with actually putting them into game form (programming, etc).
I would love to help with this project, possibly as a conceptionist, a writer, or something along those lines.
If you need someone to code, do the art, or whatever, I am willing to learn and then give you my best.
Please let me know if you are interested in my help.

Edited by Keldon, 24 January 2007 - 10:11 AM.