Photo

Stealing from Alton

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brannin Vael

Brannin Vael
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

I've tried to pickpocket Alton using Imoen with different levels of PP ability, and finally over 300, yet he still goes hostile...consistently. Is he scripted, or otherwise, to not be able to steal from? If so, why not remove the steal option from his store screen? Thanks.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:34 AM

The store's stealing amount is at 100% so no, you probably cannot steal from him at all. I guess in the next version I will remove the stealing icon.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Brannin Vael

Brannin Vael
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:57 AM

The store's stealing amount is at 100% so no, you probably cannot steal from him at all. I guess in the next version I will remove the stealing icon.

Thanks Sir BillyBob. Also I noticed that the store owner;Smyth(sp?), appears to exhibit the same features. ;)

#4 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:51 AM

Anyway, why do u want to steal from him? There so many "golds" along the game (i had more than 100000!!!) that the is no need to steal ;)

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#5 Brannin Vael

Brannin Vael
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:50 AM

Anyway, why do u want to steal from him? There so many "golds" along the game (i had more than 100000!!!) that the is no need to steal ;)

mm75

Well...if someone is roleplaying a thief, it thus fits that they would most likely steal if the opportunity presents itself... hence the discovery of the broken or impossible to thieve storekeeper.

The reason any player decides to steal, or not too, is entirely their prerogative and, as concerns my topic, beside the point. The point being that the stealing icon for these storekeepers is 'broken'. :)

#6 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:58 AM

I was just joking mate ;)

Of course you're right being a thief,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#7 Brannin Vael

Brannin Vael
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:36 AM

It's no problem Melkor, I just wanted to make clear... Actually, I appreciate and thank you for your input. :)

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:32 PM

Smyth is set for 90%, so you should be able to steal from him. Alton is now set so the stealing icon isn't there.

As for the stealing, I discovered from Horred that some thieves (namely him) don't care how much money they already have. He wiped out everyone until I changed all sorts of unstealable settings. I guess I had missed Alton.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website