Photo

crash after meeting fabio

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 f9th-underdog

f9th-underdog
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:53 PM

meet Fabio, asks me to come back, get a cutscene fades out then starts to fade in, it goes black again and creashes, repeatedly so it's not a one time event.
Playing right now in EasyTutu setup, using the full 2.02 download.
this is all thats installed, this is the first real problem I've had this time.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enhanced Goodberries
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Sensible Lore Table
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #12 // Journal Entry Titles
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Breakable Iron Nonmagical Shields, Helms, and Armor
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #43 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #55 // Commoners Use Drab Colors
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #58 // Icon Improvements
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #61 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #83 // Add Bags of Holding to BG1
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #86 // Exotic Item Pack
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #89 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #92 // Add Map Notes
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #95 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #126 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #132 // Remove Baldur's Gate Experience Cap
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #135 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #141 // Universal Clubs
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #142 // English Only: Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #145 // Weapon Styles for All
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #148 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #151 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #152 // English Only: Alter Item Descriptions for 'Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor' Component
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #155 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #156 // English Only: Alter Item Descriptions for 'Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor' Component
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #159 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #165 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #173 // Wear Magic Rings and Armor (Weimer)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #176 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #179 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #191 // PnP Spell Progression Tables
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #194 // Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #219 // 100% Learn Spells
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #225 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #228 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #231 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #234 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #237 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #270 // ToB-Style NPCs
~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #277 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BG1TUTU edition v1.4
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.02 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install the new areas? This must be done at least once!
~SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Clothmap style map for Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-INDINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Indira NPC for BG1Tutu
Minnesota, the state where absolutly nothing is allowed.
-
!lanimret siht edisni deppart ma I !pleH

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:08 AM

Damn, an old Tutu bug that comes back to haunt me again. The cutscene problem is with you returning from the Baron's home. The script that gets compiled is a BGT script so it takes you to the wrong Candlekeep location. Put this file in your override and see if the problem goes away.

Attached Files

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 f9th-underdog

f9th-underdog
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

that worked, thanks.
I was starting to dig through the scripts and was going to try setting
some variables to see if that helped, guess I don't have to.
-

#4 Rakhu

Rakhu
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:35 AM

I wanted to download the fix too, but all i get is a weird index.php file... can I simply save the webpage that opens as .bcs (looks like a plain text file).

@Sir BillyBob: You (that is actually all you modders in this forum) could do all us fellow players a HUGE favor if you created a pinned topic containing all continuous (and working) fixes and "do nots"! It would greatly improve the fun, especially because players could see beforehand what they should and should not do. Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards

Rakhu

#5 f9th-underdog

f9th-underdog
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:59 PM

try a right click and 'save file as' then drop that in the game override directory.
-

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:34 PM

@Sir BillyBob: You (that is actually all you modders in this forum) could do all us fellow players a HUGE favor if you created a pinned topic containing all continuous (and working) fixes and "do nots"! It would greatly improve the fun, especially because players could see beforehand what they should and should not do. Thanks a lot in advance!

Most of what you are asking for is a walkthrough. The mod makers don't normally create these for their own mods (not sure on why exactly - guess cause no one has yet). Normally a walkthrough is made by someone else with their views of the mod (what works and doesn't work as they see it). So I am still looking for someone to volunteer to do this.

There are no "working fixes" type of topic because everytime you try to create one, someone has to post crap into it that doesn't pertain to that mod, or they hijack it for some other topic, or some other issue. Go check the BGT-Weidu forum for examples. If I posted such a topic, I would have to keep it locked so you can read it without others writing to it. Unfortunately, this forum doesn't allow that. Instead, I have to unlock it each time I want to post into that topic (even though I am the moderator!) and then remember to lock it again.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#7 Rakhu

Rakhu
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:49 PM

I love my inet provider... he only kicks me out on working days, but it works again when weekend is here :wub:

Most of what you are asking for is a walkthrough.

Actually I was not thinking of a walkthrough, but of 2 things:
First: each mod should have a description of the "entry points" for the quests contained - like where to find the characters that are required to get a quest or in which areas to be to get a quest. I have a 11 gb installation now, but still only occasionaly stumble upon new quests. I don't even know to which mod they belong, if I get them, because often it's impossible to find any information about them: try getting some information about the shadow druid quest involving Maretha on google - no way. For some reason even the search function in this forum does very often not work, producing only an empty white page (am I the only one experiencing this?)
Second: if there are known issues how certain quests could be screwed up or if patches are available, then at least I personally wouldn't mind to have a spoiler someplace easy to find telling me the correct order of doing things, or at least the order in which NOT to do things - I downloaded the mods to get new quests, so I also want to successfully finish them (selfish me :whistling: ). I dare say that this is also in the interest of the modders: people would have a source to look up trouble shooting information more quickly and would experience less frustrating situations, thus having more fun playing the mod.

If I posted such a topic, I would have to keep it locked so you can read it without others writing to it. Unfortunately, this forum doesn't allow that. Instead, I have to unlock it each time I want to post into that topic (even though I am the moderator!) and then remember to lock it again.

Now... would that really be so difficult? ;) You'd only have one thread in which you post the file, 3-4 keywords on what the change is about, and a link to the thread in which the issue came up.

Please do not get me wrong, I can only guess at how much effort all you modders put into creating, testing and additionally supporting mods - I really appreciate that! Just see my humble suggestions as a possibility of further improving your support :Bow:

Regards

Rakhu