Game Crash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -Steve-

-Steve-

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

I've really enjoyed playing the SoBH mod, but I can't finish it. I'm still in part one. I had no trouble clearing Bald Hill and Reddy Forest, but when trying to enter Bone Hill from the map, the game crashes as soon as it starts to load the area map. I've been playing version SoBH 2.01 on BG-tutu. Loading the recently availbale 2.02 patch didn't fix the problem either (not that I expected it to...) I haven't seen anyone else address this problem, so I'm guessing it most be a problem unique to me. I have Near Infinity installed, but I don't actually know what I'm looking for to even begin figuring out what might be wrong/missing/corrupted/etc...

Here's the tail end of my WeiDU.log
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.01 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install the new areas? This must be done at least once!
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #61 // Commoners Use Drab Colors
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #91 // Force All Dialogue to Pause
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #129 // Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // English Only: Alter Item Descriptions for 'Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor' Component
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #152 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #181 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #188 // Identify All Items
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #191 // 100% Learn Spells
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #197 // Add Ammo Belts and Potion Cases to SoA
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #227 // Give Edwin his BG Stats
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Give Jaheira her BG Stats
~SETUP BP-BGT WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - Big Picture compatibility mod including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons
~SETUP-BONEHILL202.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.02 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)

Not sure if one of the G3tweaks could have caused an issue?

Any ideas/suggestions?

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:54 PM

The actual "BoneHill" area is BH1000. Can you CLUA to this area? If so, it would be a map problem. If not, something on that area is missing in your game.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:05 PM

The actual "BoneHill" area is BH1000. Can you CLUA to this area? If so, it would be a map problem. If not, something on that area is missing in your game.

Nope, Tried using CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("BH1000") and it crashed while loading the area (about 10% of the progress bar filled before it locked up.) I have NI and have managed to look at the ARE and BCS files for BH1000, but wasn't sure what I should be looking for.

After much puzzling over what I saw, I found a reference in the ARE to two different skeleton's on the actors list that when I view show a CRE of _SKELACI which isn't in blue, implying there's no valid CRE to link to I think...

hmm.. when I edited the two skeletons (one was labeled as a skeleton archer) assigning a CRE from the list.. it seems to work now... I think I may have solved the problem..

Steve

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:01 PM

Okay, so you have the Tutu version. That CRE existed in past versions of Tutu, so what happened? Which version of Tutu are you running?

Classic Adventures

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

It's bg1tutu_v4, and I'm running BG1 without TotSC

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:22 AM

I'm starting to get the hang of Near Infinity...

It looks like I'm also missing _SKELICE and _SKELDIS when I get to BH1001.

What do these two and _SKELACI from earlier have in common?

The only _SKEL*** I have are ET, ETB, ETS and WA.

As mentioned previously, I do not have TotSC, but I didn't see anywhere where it was required for BH, so why would I be missing so many CRE files?

(At least now I know how to work around it.)
Steve

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:15 PM

These are the skeleton archers that you fight in Durlag's dungeon. So by not having TotSC installed, you don't have the creatures from that mod installed either. That will definitely cause a problem in BoneHill!!!

Therefore, please note:

The Secret of BoneHill now requires Tales of the Sword Coast to be installed!

Weird, this is the first time someone has discovered this compatibility problem.

Classic Adventures

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:26 PM

Sir BillyBob,

Can you verify that FW1003 is also in TotSC? (I'm guessing it is.) I seem to be missing that one, and it figures somewhat in my ability to complete part one (it's the first floor map of the Armorsmiths in Restenford BH0108.)

At this point I'm familiar enough with NI to work around the CRE problems, but how can I get my hands on FW1003.WED and FW1003.MOS?

So far the the MOD has been excellent (despite the problems) and I'd really like to be able to see it to it's conclusion...

Steve

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:20 AM

Yes, the first floor of the Smithy is from a shop in Ulgoth's Beard. Therefore you don't have the graphics. I can't think of any other areas that use TotSC graphics, so you should be okay in the game.

Classic Adventures